Can't get the WiFi working

Search This thread

MySelf_v1

Oct 27, 2010
Padua
HTC Desire
HTC Wildfire S
Hi there,

I have a problem with my HTC Sensation XE: Can't get the WiFi working.

When i hit the switch to put it ON, it stays on OFF and gives me "Turning on WiFi..." message forever.

- It is not a Radio / RIL problem since, i've tested many ROM's with many Radio / RIL's and it still doesn't work.
- It's not a Hardware problem since, sometimes, it works after various reboots or battery unplugs.
- When i write "getprop" in the terminal i get:

[wifi.interface]: [wlan0] | but if i write ifconfig wlan0 down the answer is SI0CGIFFLAGS no such device
[wifi.softap.interface]: [wlan0]
[wifi.softapconcurrent.interface]: [wl0.1]
[wifi.supplicant_scan_interval]: [15]
[wlan.driver.status]: [unloaded]
[wlan.sim.enabled]: [1]

I really don't know how to get it working again.

[Questions]

* What does the WiFi working / not working depends by? Kernel, Firmware, Radio, RIL, ROM ecc ?

* Is there any way to fix this?

Let me know fellas!

---------------- LOG ----------------

After unsing WiFix: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45909421#post45909421

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phone Specs:

ROM: Android Revolution HD 7.3 ( Android 4.0.3 )
Sense: 3.6
Kernel: SebastianFM 3.0.16-v1.5.2
Baseband: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M

Last edited:

MySelf_v1

Oct 27, 2010
Padua
HTC Desire
HTC Wildfire S
I've tried a lot of kernels while changing ROMs but, the problem doesn't seem to get fixed ( actually i'm on a SebastianFM kernel ), however, after the WiFix got installed and activated through *#94349#, i've restarted the phone and the WiFi worked for 2 minutes ( in fact it scanned for wireless network, recognized them and almost connected ). After 2 mins, the WiFi stopped working again and, while trying to reactivate it, I saw that now I can't even deactivate it and i get the "Turning WiFi off..." message
Even tried to change the country code in the app from US to IT ( i'm in Italy ) but nothing happens...

At least i can confirm that it is not a hardwer problem.

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I've tried a lot of kernels while changing ROMs but, the problem doesn't seem to get fixed ( actually i'm on a SebastianFM kernel ), however, after the WiFix got installed and activated through *#94349#, i've restarted the phone and the WiFi worked for 2 minutes ( in fact it scanned for wireless network, recognized them and almost connected ). After 2 mins, the WiFi stopped working again and, while trying to reactivate it, I saw that now I can't even deactivate it and i get the "Turning WiFi off..." message
Even tried to change the country code in the app from US to IT ( i'm in Italy ) but nothing happens...

take out your back cover and lift up gently the pins which are responsible for the wifi
after that check your wifi

lionman011

Oct 19, 2011
Sofia
Hello, I have a problem which is almost similar to yours. I tested EVERYTHING, i mean everything i could find in this forum and in the internet. I knew that the Sensation has a problem with the Wi-Fi when i was buying it. (I bought it second hand - the seller told me that the problem with the wifi came after an official update to 4.0.4 Android). It was on low price so i starter looking for a solution to the problem. I found so many things and i said to myself that i will buy the phone, fix it using the forum (I really love u guys, on all my 4 Android phones i used ROM from here) and use the phone with no problem. So i bought the phone. Unlocked the bootloader, made it S-ON, installed 4ext recovery and starter trying everything to fix my problem. I will describe my problem now :

I Installed all versions of ICS, JB (4.1, 4.2 and 4.3), all the various kernels - the problem is that, when i turn the WI fi on i use the phone for 1-2-3 minutes (depends on the load and things i do on the phone) and after that it freezes and reboots. This is on everyrom ! Also while the wifi is turned on, if i want to lock the phone and turn-off the screen - the phone reboots again. I tried to use it without SIM card, tried WiFix Manager on all the ROMs and it didn't help. On ICS ROM WiFix manager helped me to get rid of that "Turning WI-fi on....." message and turns the wi-fi on, but the problem with the reboots persists. I asked the developers of the ROM, wrote in the SebastianKernel thread about that (they just didn't wanted to help me after i told them that flashing boot.img and WiFix doesn't work , I am with 4ext recovery with enabled "smart flash" - no problem with the boot.img) Now i am with MIUI ROM + Sebastian r31 with aroma installer kernel- also having the problem. Can anyone help ?

P.S : I took the phone to a service ( to exclude a hardware problem) and they confirmed that the phone has no hardware issue, the problem comes from the software. I attached a last_kmsg file from such kind of a reboot when the wi-fi is on and i try to turn off the screen.

P.S 2 : I Just installed GetRIL apps to get my RIL and the app says "Unknown RIL Found" ot shows my md5sum and the baseband but the RIL is not found ? What does this mean ?

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    149.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi
This process will start a long journey of going back S-OFF, installing recovery, Unlocking bootloader etc. and will consume a decent amount of time which i am not sure i have. Are u sure that going back to the far past RUU at any point will solve my problem ?

I don't think this will solve ur problem as I also had the same problem if WiFi and BT for 1 year and I was not able to solve it (story is long) I the tried every thing ruu etc nothing worked , but when I disassembled and reassembled my phone from local market it started to work and I was like o.0 :) only that fixed my fix problem and its working till now

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
This process will start a long journey of going back S-OFF, installing recovery, Unlocking bootloader etc. and will consume a decent amount of time which i am not sure i have. Are u sure that going back to the far past RUU at any point will solve my problem ?

actually if you are on S-OFF you will remain on S-OFF after ruu installation
so need for S-OFF again nor unlocking bootloader again
if you are on S-ON just use the unlock.code bin after ruu installation to unlock the bootloader

no need for extra steps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

take out your back cover and lift up gently the pins which are responsible for the wifi
    after that check your wifi
    it depends from kernel mostly
    try a diffrent kernel and see how it goes
    you can use also the wifix manager app
    I had it too. But when I install revelation 1.0.2 rom and flash sebastian kernel it works good.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2349756