Can no longer send long text messages?

Search This thread

_phoey

May 13, 2013
Since flashing crDroid, I can't send long texts anymore. Typically, if the limit of characters was exceeded, it splits it into multiple messages. But now, they won't send at all. It just give an error message. Any ideas on a fix?

Sent from my crDroid DNA

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Try pulling the MMS apk from cm10.2 and pushing it to /system/app.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

chayos00

Feb 19, 2012
Since flashing crDroid, I can't send long texts anymore. Typically, if the limit of characters was exceeded, it splits it into multiple messages. But now, they won't send at all. It just give an error message. Any ideas on a fix?

Sent from my crDroid DNA

I am getting this too with my CM 10.2 nightlies, but I am also using Handcent and I set my phone to split the messages for the 160 character limit. Once I did that all messages have been going through without issues.

Reactions: _phoey

_phoey

May 13, 2013
I am getting this too with my CM 10.2 nightlies, but I am also using Handcent and I set my phone to split the messages for the 160 character limit. Once I did that all messages have been going through without issues.

I use textra and I can't find this option. I'll look harder.

Edit-- I was looking at the MMS settings, not SMS. I found the option and it works. Thank you very much!

Sent from my crDroid DNA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my crDroid DNA