[ROM] - [4.3.1] - [October 29, 2013] - JellyBean DS v1.7

Search This thread

Vauvenal7

Nov 2, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Got a huge problem with gallery the last 2 days
The problem first was: opening gallery and the photo folders there was fine, but once I clicked on a photo to show it the photo becomes just gray, when I go back all photo previews are grey too, tried to fix this with a cache wipe and a reflash, worked to show the pics, but now I got the problem: once I open the pic I can see it yet the phone goes slow
Even the notification bar-pull down-process was laggy!
Am now on miui and hope you have any idea why this bug came up^^

Greets Vauvenal7

Sent from my HTC MyTouch_4G_slide

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Got a huge problem with gallery the last 2 days
The problem first was: opening gallery and the photo folders there was fine, but once I clicked on a photo to show it the photo becomes just gray, when I go back all photo previews are grey too, tried to fix this with a cache wipe and a reflash, worked to show the pics, but now I got the problem: once I open the pic I can see it yet the phone goes slow
Even the notification bar-pull down-process was laggy!
Am now on miui and hope you have any idea why this bug came up^^

Greets Vauvenal7

I had the same issue when I tested well I deleted all pics and videos and all was good but can't do have that lol

TEAM US!™ running miui v5..doubleshot still alive

ID#

Jul 13, 2009
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus One
Wifi is not working

Hey there,

First: Thank you for bringing 4.3 on this device! :)
Yesterday I flashed 1.4 on top of 1.2. Since then my Wifi isn't working anymore, I just cannot turn it on.
Any suggestions how to solve this problem to make this ROM a perfect DD? :D

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
Hey there,

First: Thank you for bringing 4.3 on this device! :)
Yesterday I flashed 1.4 on top of 1.2. Since then my Wifi isn't working anymore, I just cannot turn it on.
Any suggestions how to solve this problem to make this ROM a perfect DD? :D

Yeah that's a easy one do a fresh flash of the 1.4

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

theimmortalone

Nov 25, 2010
Is it just me does the batter life suck on this rom? I switched from the Samsation rom thinking it would be better, but nope.. Any suggestions?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

Paitor

Apr 20, 2007
Gothenburg
Is it just me does the batter life suck on this rom? I switched from the Samsation rom thinking it would be better, but nope.. Any suggestions?

I had bad battery life the first days. Then it was the same as earlier CM10. Works great for a day use and only charging over night. I have a 1900mAh Anker battery for the record.

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs

What kernel and governor/scheduler do you use?

Besides the pic bug, I had no bugs on this rom and a decent batterylife too
So, nothing bas except the pic thing

Greets Vauvenal7

Did you com from cm10.1 or miui without a full wipe? And after you were having the gallery problems did you try a full wipe and reinstall?

Vauvenal7

Nov 2, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
What kernel and governor/scheduler do you use?

Did you com from cm10.1 or miui without a full wipe? And after you were having the gallery problems did you try a full wipe and reinstall?

I came from your jellykang with 3x full wipe
Had this rom then for a couple of weeks
And I didn't want to do a full wipe and go back cus then I could try the miui roms anyway cus my data would be lost anyways^^
But, I did nothing as the gallery bug came (no new apps I haven't had from start)

Greets Vauvenal7

SKAm69

Oct 2, 2009
Didn't help. :/
It cannot turn on wifi , for whatever reason...

Are you S-off? Looks like the wifi module is still there from some different ROM or kernel. Extract the bcmdhd.ko file from /system/lib/modules of the ROM zip and copy it to the same location in the phone.

syzoogle

Mar 6, 2012
And after installing other ROMs here and there, and playing around with them.....I seem to always return here when I need a rest.

It's kind of like home. nice comfortable place to rest where i know things will just work. (IMHO)

Great ROM!!

Reactions: Emmanuel U

theimmortalone

Nov 25, 2010
Do you have a stock battery?
How long does it last?
Include information we can work off of...

Buy a new battery :cool:

I'm gonna get a new phone in a few weeks.. But I would say with constant use(music, talking, and browsing the internet), the phone will die within 4 to 5 hours. I don't really know how to set up the setCPU to help out my battery life...

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
I thought my ROMs were the problem but nah... Battery was toast. Bought a couple new ones and one of those battery wall charger things. Power hasn't been an issue hehe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JellyBeanDS - Android 4.3 (CM 10.2) for the myTouch 4G Slide

Notes:

Found a dead link? Let me know! (check my sig for a backup of all my files for the time being)

Please only use the included built in WildKernel (or else please don't report bugs if using an alternate kernel)

I'd recommend not using Focal until it's bugs are fixed, the native camera app is still there.

Newer Google Maps will have major graphical issues due to our legacy hardware, use this instead.

Bugs/Issues:
    You tell me?

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <emman.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Thanks to:
    Team Hydra
    SilverL
    Scverhagen
    Team DS & CyanogenMod
    Code Aurora
    Bruce2728
    Evervolv
    LiquidSmooth
    CarbonDev
    SlimRoms
    RootWebGod
    Overhauling

Download_Button.gif

Latest MD5: f1709a44fe4e7ae14de0f6228ffe3caa

JB 4.3 Gapps: Full Version & Slim Version

Goo Hosting:

v1.7 (HTTP)

All Releases (HTTP)

Mirrors from TRU:

v1.7 (HTTP) / (FTP)

All Releases (FTP)

Sources
    Hey guys just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that this project isn't dead, I've just been sick with GTAitis ;) while pretty busy with homework. I'm going to try pushing out some bug fixes by next week. Good night everyone
    @SilverL and I were able to get Android 4.4 booting tonight, however it is extremely un-usuable (I couldn't even get a screenshot like I usually like to :(). The touchscreen and buttons seem partially unresponsive (that may be from the main system segfaulting) and adb seems to shutoff after a few seconds post-boot. Then processes start to force close and system segfaults. However a few things do work from what I've noticed from how little it can be used; lights (LED and button lights), Radio/RIL, Sound? Those are what are fully confirmed working. You can find our source here and more work w/ debugging will be put into this tomorrow and in the next days. Good night everyone
    Uploaded, enjoy :)
    To keep on topic

I guess, now that the ROM got rebased i cant dirty flash it over 1.5?

Greets Vauvenal7
    It's a minor rebase you'll be fine. I will usually mention if a full wipe is required prior to an upgrade

Not in these cases. I read through all the changes you have in the repositories, and they're all useless. Adding things like, for example, WIMAX support. Wimax is both obsolete, and not PHYSICALLY present on this hardware.

List as follows;
    frameworks/av: add in some bogus 3d camera junk that does not apply.
    latinime/gallery2: there is simply no justification for forking these, upstream work fine, and even if they didn't, this is not the place to implement hacks.
    settings: all you did is break from default values. Default values that are perfectly fine and user customizable... and again, not even the place to implement these. If you want to override xml resources, you do so in DEVICE OVERLAY.
    hardware/qcom/audio-caf: disable some logcat noise, nothing functionally useful.
    hardware/libhardware/legacy: add wimax support -- to hardware that doesn't even HAVE wimax.
    device/htc/common: obsolete and not even used, just added in for the fun of it apparently.

Then also, you replaced the default compiler.... with something you found that is neither tested nor supported. Even if this didn't add in bugs, which it certainly does, it isn't going to make any appreciable difference.

To be frank, a build with my manifest is far LESS buggy than your builds.

First off...where do you see any wimax commits? Why would I even mess with wimax when our device doesn't support it. Second, all my repositories are mean't to work with all devices under our same arch....not just the doubleshot. So seeing 3D camera commits were most likely meant for the Evo 3D but were automatically merged in from other repos....this merge would not apply seeing as the camera won't compile these changes unless told so in the configuration (which it is not). Third, latinime was just reset to a point in which it didn't produce graphical errors...there may have been a commit upstream that fixed but I'm not monitoring it as that is not my priority. I add in the htc common configuration because I also build recovery images with my roms for personal use. Last but not least, a seperate toolchain is used for this device as it seems despite CM's commits "fixing" the problem, compiling servicemanager with google's latest toolchain corrupts the executable and segfaults on startup. I simply changed the default select of a menu item since the option doesn't not work well on our device and may mimick battery drain (there is no way to have done this through the overlay else I would've....why would I purposely host my own repo if a simple overlay could've been made?). If your build is so much better than mine, why not release it instead of just bragging about how much it is supposedly better? I'm open to criticism or else I wouldn't ask about what's wrong with my rom...however I don't need to be insulted. I don't see why something like that would need to be stated and not known through common knowledge. Also if everyone on this forum was capable of producing a rom, then there would be no need for this site. It does not make an individual lazy because they choose not to replicate someones work.