Galaxy Note 3 Handwriting to text not working

Search This thread

ian9outof10

Jul 31, 2009
The license has expired but you can until Samsung fix the problem, download the blind play the original app

Envoyé avec Gnote 3 SM-N 900

That doesn't have the normal finger input keyboard right? So i would have to use the pen all the time?

No, it works fine with the Samsung keyboard, it's almost like adding that app just extends the licence.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Actually, it works on one of my Note 3s, but not the other. Odd.

dash7869

Jul 4, 2006
No, it works fine with the Samsung keyboard, it's almost like adding that app just extends the licence.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Actually, it works on one of my Note 3s, but not the other. Odd.

yeah it didnt work for me.. as in it didnt extend the license of the Samsung kb handwriting recognition but still thanks for the recommendation

that will have to work interim but i do hope Samsung releases a patch real soon.. its so annoying to have to switching between keyboards, especially when we didnt have to!!

ian9outof10

Jul 31, 2009
I'm talking to Samsung about this through their PR team too, if I get a got answer I'll let you all know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rltaba

Luycks

Jun 14, 2007
Hi I can confirm this works!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Keyboard Note 3/10.1 APK

heres the apk file.
    official update; Google Play> Search> " Samsung Keyboard Note 3" > and "Update" > restart the phone... and fixed... :)
    Just came from Samsung service center. I also have the same problem. It seems the changing of the date backward works for me too. I showed it to the technician and they said that it could be because of the "handwriting recognition software for text messaging license expiration". Apparently, the handwriting recognition software that Samsung used came from a third party developer and the license expired last Sept 30. That explains why backtracking the date will fix the problem and when you reset it the problem comes back. Makes sense to me. They ask me to call them again in a few days and follow up if Samsung already comes up with a patch or software update to fix the license expiration issue. Will update you guys of further developments. Hope that helps clear all our anxiety and stress.. :D
    You may try to change date&time settings to yesterday .. It works with my device ..
    Fix - verified! :)

official update; Google Play> Search> " Samsung Keyboard Note 3" > and "Update" > restart the phone... and fixed... :)

You sir is great! :good: