Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

Official statement from Google regarding the Cyanogen controvery

26th September 2009, 12:15 AM   |  #41  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 4

1,220 posts
More
Palm Pre or Moblin, here I come.
26th September 2009, 12:18 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpeh

Palm Pre or Moblin, here I come.

Thinking about grabbing a Pre as well... Sprint's network is stronger anyways lol... Too bad I just signed up with T-Mo for the MT3G....
26th September 2009, 12:18 AM   |  #43  
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 1

76 posts
More
So remove the apps that aren't included in the source repository and we can push them in manually. What's the big deal? They're telling you to stop including those apps, not to stop developing custom builds.
26th September 2009, 12:20 AM   |  #44  

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN3RIC

So remove the apps that aren't included in the source repository and we can push them in manually. What's the big deal? They're telling you to stop including those apps, not to stop developing custom builds.

The big deal is that these barebone versions will no longer sync our contacts / calendars / etc!

I can do without the gmail app, but syncing my contacts and calendars is a deal breaker for me.
26th September 2009, 12:21 AM   |  #45  
Flag Trenton
Thanks Meter: 46

329 posts
Thanks for everything Cyanogen
Thanks Cyanogen you made this platform worth supporting. Was nice while it lasted but all good things yada yada yada......
26th September 2009, 12:24 AM   |  #46  
Flag Near Chicago
Thanks Meter: 289

856 posts
More
Why do companies insist on alienating those who hawk their hardware and software the most? I've never seen a group of more dedicated Android enthusiasts than those who run Cyanogen and other roms. Google is basically saying "screw you" to those of us who really care about the platform over a legal issue that will in no way hurt them.

That's evil. I don't care if the law is behind them.
26th September 2009, 12:24 AM   |  #47  

10 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen

Yep, it's over.

Yep, for some reason Google decided to nuke their own platform. Time for all of us to move on to something else. Thanks for all the great work you did. You did better than Google, pity they didn't appreciate that as much as the community did.
26th September 2009, 12:25 AM   |  #48  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 5,697

2,485 posts
Donate to Me
More
My intent was to make a ROM for Android devices using the bits we already have (proprietary parts) and everything else built from source.

The 1.6 Market was a leak, and most likely untraceable.

Android without the Google parts is not usable for an end-user. There is no sync functionality, no market, no IM or GTalk, no maps..

I was always under the impression that it was OK to do this since I don't modify the Google apps, and only targeted devices which were licensed for them. Apparently this is not the case.

Might as well consider this entire forum cease-and-desisted.
26th September 2009, 12:25 AM   |  #49  
Flag Boise, ID

178 posts
More
Whats stopping up from releasing these roms as BT's?
26th September 2009, 12:25 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 175

2,154 posts
What part of the framework controls that. Can't u get that from the official roms. Or provide a patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenJester

The big deal is that these barebone versions will no longer sync our contacts / calendars / etc!

I can do without the gmail app, but syncing my contacts and calendars is a deal breaker for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread