5,599,254 Members 37,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Foldable bluetooth keyboard

Tip us?

anthony.b
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this keyboard unopened in Chicago.

http://jkontherun.com/2006/09/20/thinkoutside_si/

I bought it approx 1 1/2 years ago for my Nokia N95 8G. I bought quickoffice however never got around to opening this keyboard.

I dont remember what I paid exactly however I beleive it was around $100 with shipping.

I will sell it because I am buying the Sony Vaio P which is smaller than the combined size of the Touch HD + this keyboard.

Please PM me with an offer if interested.

Thanks.

mugennoob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The keyboard in the first post is the keyboard I have. ThinkOutside Shasta. I have it for a MDA Vario II but can't get it to work. It is connected to my phone through bluetooth but I haven't got an app or anything to actually use it. Any ideas?

Thanks

purec0de
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Don't know if it will work....

but this looks pretty cool as a 'gaming' keyboard.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freedom-Univer...em230341158377
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy SII
HTC Hero
Nokia E71, Nokia E62
HTC Touch HD, Samsung U600
HTC Tytn II
Nokia 6280, Panasonic Z500
Motorola E1000, Panasonic GD87
Sony Ericsson P900
too many Nokias to mention, even Star Tac once upon a time

leblancrs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth keyboard

I am using my Nokia Bluetooth keyboard --- having Nokia phones as well as HTC Touch HD it comes in handy for email and meeting notes. Using it with Dutty's V3.3 XT SHIP ROM. Very quick and no lag in typing --- arrow keys work --- left soft key opens "Today" --- a good alternative if you have one already.

Cheers

hanchn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have one which is made for Palm,but it works well on HD

farkah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by david-v View Post
Hello,

I just saw this announcement from Brando about a foldable keyboard and what a surprise when a saw the PDA they use as example.... Looks pretty cool to me and a very good gadget for our Touch HD. Does anyone have it already?

That looks exactly like my keyboard, although the keyboard is branded HP and was from my ipaq days... it works sweat as! I use it all the time.

One gotacha, that I found by mistake to make it work - is that you need to enter the passcode of '0000' (zeros) and then hit enter to make it pair once you have entered 0000 into the HD.

carterst
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How do you get igo keyboard to work

Hello all,

I have an igo bluetooth keyboard and I am using Blackstone phone. I installed the igo software and everything worked fine except that phone crashed a lot. Not so useful. I then uninstalled the software and paired the keyboard using the onboard Bluetooth software. All worked well for one run through and I was able to type away. However I have not got the thing to work again since, even after re-pairing the devices. Does anyone haev any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks.

spwells
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have discovered that I have exactly the same problem. Worked once, but now can't get the igo keyboard to do anything. :( So if anyone has any hints for "carterst" and myself, they would be gratefully appreciated.

AvocadoBaby
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spwells View Post
Have discovered that I have exactly the same problem. Worked once, but now can't get the igo keyboard to do anything. :( So if anyone has any hints for "carterst" and myself, they would be gratefully appreciated.
I know you asked this ages ago, but i just got one of these and had trouble setting it up, until i read somewhere to hold down the ctrl+Fn(blue) + Fn(green) a green LED light starts flashing on the keyboard which makes it easy to pair up. I used the latest driver 4.52. I use a winmo 6.5 rom too and everything works fine.

Just make sure you follow the instructions on the screen!

blackb1ade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had an Igo keyboard for some time - worked perfectly with my Touch Cruise and Diamond - just tried to pair it with my HD, doesn't seem to want to play ball

Given that driver support on these is typically appalling (as in - drivers/model names are not up to date, it looks like a very old list) and there's little guidance on the website....

http://corporate.igo.com/support/Dri...=13&ModelID=75

exactly what drivers and where have you found them for the Igo stowaway/think outside keyboard has everyone been using and to what degree of success? [seem to be some mixed reports here]
(Universal?? or the WM5 one?)