[Req] AOSP MMS for TW UVMC6 4.1 JB

Search This thread

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV
I always thought MMS was tied to the framework and one can't simply replace TW MMS with one from CM?

You can push the aosp mms and have the tw mms back up and see. It's the same imo. I could be wrong but just nanoid and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium HD app

niccuany

Feb 25, 2012
You can push the aosp mms and have the tw mms back up and see. It's the same imo. I could be wrong but just nanoid and you'll be fine.

If anyone does this let me know if it works, it's about the only thing keeping me from switching to tw since aosp can gave group messaging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV
If anyone does this let me know if it works, it's about the only thing keeping me from switching to tw since aosp can gave group messaging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Link:
http://db.tt/hYH7rp1U

1st of all I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You're responsible for making the decision to do this.

With that said..please make a nanoid backup first!

If you're rooted use root explorer push the apk into your system/apps folder and fix permission to rw-r-r then reboot. It's simple, fairly simple.

rotciv12345

Jan 27, 2010
Link:

1st of all I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You're responsible for making the decision to do this.

If you're rooted use root explorer push the apk into your system/apps folder and fix permission to rw-r-r then reboot. It's simple, fairly simple.

Just wondering if anyone tried this :confused:

Reactions: mania02

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV

Yes it does work...I'm currently running AOSP MMS with Emjois right now. You just need to rename the SecSms and KeygaurdWidget apk. The keyguard widget is what show on your lockscreen so if you have that active and the AOSP MMS notification it would look funny.

YourPartyBoy

Dec 4, 2012
Not working tested for 4.1 touchwiz. Renamed others, set permissions reboot does not even show up as an app.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Canyon30

Apr 25, 2013
AZ
Group Messaging for SecMms on TW

Hey guys, not gonna lie, I'm excited to see some discussion on this topic in the T989 forum! I'm working on this very thing for my T989!

I like the TW messaging app so I'm working on a Verizon port of TW SecMms.apk. I don't really like the AOSP themed mms app, but I'm down for trying that and getting it to work as well. There are other files you have to modify like framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk to get the group messages to thread right. I still have a few bugs...like not being able to send photos while on WiFi calling, and the messages I send to the group coming back to me in a separate thread...but other than that, once I make a little more progress in figuring that out I'm going to write up a guide.

I'm not a developer, I'm a curious noob who isn't afraid to try stuff and brick my phone. I'm here to learn from geniuses who are smarter and cleverer than I am! If in anyway my noobishness has contributed anything intelligent, thanks are always appreciated.

Grieldo

Aug 12, 2012
I need a littile more help

Yes it does work...I'm currently running AOSP MMS with Emjois right now. You just need to rename the SecSms and KeygaurdWidget apk. The keyguard widget is what show on your lockscreen so if you have that active and the AOSP MMS notification it would look funny.

So I just installed the jeti mindtrick rom v7. Its great but I want the jb mms, so im having trouble install it. I know what I need to rename, but what do I rename it to?? Also if there is a zip that does this by installing in twrp that would be helpful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link: