wifi do not turn on

Search This thread

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
Strange things happen to my i9195... suddenly out of the blue,wifi won't turn on neither from quick settings panel nor the settings itself...
Everything else works as it should(data,bluetooth,airplane,gps,sound etc) but the wifi setting tries to turn on but immediately turns of. anyone had this problem?
and more important... a solution??????????:confused::confused:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Which rom are you on? You could try reflashing a rom to clear any possible software issues

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
Which rom are you on? You could try reflashing a rom to clear any possible software issues

thanks guys for your replies...
i was on stock rooted xxuamf4, i flashed both xxuamh3 and xxuamg8 (these two i had already downloaded) but problem remained. just to eliminate software issue , as a last resort i flashed CM 10.1.3 and magically my device was fully functional again( by the way ..:good: to CM...).
So WTF? i 'll try later to flash a stock non rooted fw and see what will happen...

p.s : anyone know how to change baseband? in my sgs3 mini i used to flash different modem for that. what works for this device?

p.s 2 : thanks again for your time guys!:good:

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
flashing back stock firmware , problem reappeared! it seems something has to do with knox , because every time i try to open wifi a toasted notification appears "prevention information... the device as detected...bla...bla...bla"
the thing is that if i root my phone and completely delete knox,knox agent,store and container agent, the notification stops but the wifi setting still cannot be enable.
any ideas????

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
flashing back stock firmware , problem reappeared! it seems something has to do with knox , because every time i try to open wifi a toasted notification appears "prevention information... the device as detected...bla...bla...bla"
the thing is that if i root my phone and completely delete knox,knox agent,store and container agent, the notification stops but the wifi setting still cannot be enable.
any ideas????

Back to report that re-rooting with arco's method but with rootkit v2 (that includes kernel) seems to solve the issue! the steps i follow was :
1) gain root
2) install cwm recovery
3) with es explorer delete knox store,knox agent, container agent (both apk and odex files)
4) reboot to cwm recovery
5) clear cache and davlik cache
6) reboot and RESURRECTION!!!:good:

Last edited:

tighoory

Mar 19, 2009
WiFi and Modem Issue

hi guys. i'm sorry for asking my question here,i have i9192 & my wifi do not turn on. i flash various version of official rom, but i cant solve this problem. I flash (MH2 ,MF7 ,MF9 and MJ2...) build number & CSC are change but Baseband version remain constant and don't change.
how can i flash modem( NON_HLOS.bin)...?
i root my phone so many time with Rootkit v2 and do all wipes for clean flash... but no successive achieve
how can i repair my WiFi and Bluetooth?

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
hi guys. i'm sorry for asking my question here,i have i9192 & my wifi do not turn on. i flash various version of official rom, but i cant solve this problem. I flash (MH2 ,MF7 ,MF9 and MJ2...) build number & CSC are change but Baseband version remain constant and don't change.
i root my phone so many time with Rootkit v2 and do all wipes for clean flash... but no successive achieve

i think it's a kernel related issue. But first in order to eliminated hardware problem possibility, try to flash a cm rom. If your wifi and bluetooth works then you can be sure it's not a hardware failure. in my case flashing a different kernel solved the issue.

p.s : if you find a way to change baseband version ,please share the way!!!

Reactions: saiprasadap92

dumperk

Sep 15, 2012

you need flash same version Kernal file, example: when you finished flash MH2 stock firmware, if wifi shotdown, just flash MH2's Kernal file, file size around 7MB

saiprasadap92

Oct 19, 2012
hey hi
even i have the same error while turning on wi-fi prevention information blah blah
can you be brief how did you solved dat issue. it ll be very helpful

vriz27

Jan 2, 2011
glyfada , Hellas
hey hi
even i have the same error while turning on wi-fi prevention information blah blah

the solution for me was more or less "flashing rooted arco's kernel" . but my model is 9195. i honestly don't know if there is one for 9192 ,but if i were you i would search for one!

Last edited:
Reactions: saiprasadap92

blackrose1

Apr 10, 2012
I have problem whith my s4 mini.. I9192 dual sim
Baseband : Nd1
When i want to connectt to wifi i enter password.. As soon as i hit the connectt button wifi signal will desappear... I updated the frameware but no sucsess...

How to solve?
Is it hardware issue?

Kralisec

Apr 26, 2006
Same problem for me (1st post): new i9195 with latest XXUCNK1, never flashed before,
install twrp and make a backup, install CM-12.1 and CM-13 without any issue,

After restore to KK using my twrp backup I can't turn on wifi,
solution was to flash Modem_I9195XXUCNK1.tar from modem thread.

I notice that twrp doesn't restore previous modem I update to XXUCOL1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i think it's a kernel related issue. But first in order to eliminated hardware problem possibility, try to flash a cm rom. If your wifi and bluetooth works then you can be sure it's not a hardware failure. in my case flashing a different kernel solved the issue.

p.s : if you find a way to change baseband version ,please share the way!!!
    hey hi

the solution for me was more or less "flashing rooted arco's kernel" . but my model is 9195. i honestly don't know if there is one for 9192 ,but if i were you i would search for one!