[GAME][2.2+] Mapster

Search This thread

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
Hi all!

Mapster is a geographic quiz game. You are given a map, and asked to find locations of various places. The more accurate you will be - the more points you will earn. If you break 10 000 points with first 10 places - you go to next level, and the game becomes a bit more challenging You can submit your score to leaderboards (ScoreLoop) and compete with friends and others.

With this app you can learn amazingly fast, while enjoying it :)

There are 13 maps available, each with its own levels, places and leaderboards. Together, it's over 1800 places to guess and learn.

The app is free, no in-game payments, no premium versions. Enjoy :)

I'll be very happy if you check it out, play it (and fill leaderboards with your results! ;)), and give me some feedback :)

Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.mkrstudio.mapster

Direct link to download: http://speedy.sh/KXQeW/Mapster.apk

Screenshots:

o3v9.png

tym2.png

yri1.png

Last edited:

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
Why does this app need access to phone calls?

No needs to worry :)

You probably noticed that many apps needs this permission. In fact, it has nothing to do with your phone calls. You can read more here, for example: http://www.womenwithdroids.com/2011/03/deciphering-permissions-read-phone-state-and-identity/

This permission is used mainly because all ad networks need it to show more proper ads. Mapster displays ads (but really few, and not annoying I hope) :)

Feel safe and enjoy the game ;) Today there will be an update, with some fixes, and new languages introduced (thanks to XDA community by the way)

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
thx for the excellent game..

for the "local names" setting, it seems to be not much different from English..
(at least for my native language Chinese, the setting only changes the display to Chinese Pinyin, which is just a romanised way of expressing..)

if u plan for doing translations, i can help with Chinese..

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrstudio

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
thx for the excellent game..

for the "local names" setting, it seems to be not much different from English..
(at least for my native language Chinese, the setting only changes the display to Chinese Pinyin, which is just a romanised way of expressing..)

if u plan for doing translations, i can help with Chinese..

I'm glad that you like it!

Sure, if you'd like to, would be great :) Here's the translation project: http://www.getlocalization.com/Mapster

If there's a Chinese translation of game sentences, I'll take care of Chinese spelling of cities also :)

ApOgedoN

Sep 13, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nice app! What do you think of an mode to pin down hole country on the world map. I would like it allot more than only cities.

Gesendet von meinem Find 5 mit Tapatalk 4

Clariel

Aug 26, 2013
Really need the option to turn the sounds off. Also, being able to zoom in on the map would be helpful. Off to a great start though :)

EDIT: Why does the leaderboard need my email address?

Last edited:

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
Nice app! What do you think of an mode to pin down hole country on the world map. I would like it allot more than only cities.

Gesendet von meinem Find 5 mit Tapatalk 4

Yes, it would be nice also. For now, I focus on the city quiz only, but as the game gains some more popularity, I'd like to include other geo quizzes in it also, to make something like ultimate geographic quiz app ;)

Really need the option to turn the sounds off. Also, being able to zoom in on the map would be helpful. Off to a great start though :)

EDIT: Why does the leaderboard need my email address?

If you connect your ScoreLoop account with your email address, you can use this account later on other device (mainly while moving to new phone) and not lose your old results :)

Yes, the mute button is needed, and it will appear soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clariel

brian999

Mar 24, 2013
Chicago
I would like to suggest to change Washington to Washington DC for the North America Map. I had picked the State of Washington and got it incorrect.
Also, I think one of the cities was San Jose. San Jose is a city in both California and Costa Rica.
(Sorry, I'm a Geographic Information Systems Analyst) :good:

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
I would like to suggest to change Washington to Washington DC for the North America Map. I had picked the State of Washington and got it incorrect.
Also, I think one of the cities was San Jose. San Jose is a city in both California and Costa Rica.

OK, it will be corrected ;)

Hmm I guess I assumed San Jose and San José are two different cities. In fact they are, but it may be confusing..

KicknGuitar

Aug 23, 2012
Defy § Quarx's CM10
Needs the English spelling (when asking to locate) where as the results window actually uses the English spelling. For example Madrid in the tutorial is spelled two different ways.

I would personally suggest a zoom feature for those of us with small screens! Other than that, looks good!

oniemjan

Feb 16, 2012
Nice work, is it possible to put the country name next to the cities when the answer is shown? So we can learn from our mistakes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iamelton

mkrstudio

Oct 2, 2013
Needs the English spelling (when asking to locate) where as the results window actually uses the English spelling. For example Madrid in the tutorial is spelled two different ways.

Yes, it's the little bug, but fixed in just released update (version 1.1.1)

Nice work, is it possible to put the country name next to the cities when the answer is shown? So we can learn from our mistakes...

That's nice idea ;)

Zooming would be a little bit tricky to introduce (but not impossible ;)) Anyway, if you have small screens, you still have same chances for good score as the guys with tablets :)

Reactions: KicknGuitar

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006
Hey there,

my girlfriend loves such games and we installed it right away on her Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Very smooth and good looking BUT the difficult is crazy.
As you start with africa and cant change the continents you have to work through this continent first and this also in 5 steps/levels with no "checkpoint".
Man, we played about 40 minutes and couldnt beat level 3 :p
Oh my... :)
Well maybe as a suggestions: Add an indicator how many points have to be archieved to advance in the levels. Or maybe a selection of ther continents? That would make her happy :)
Nice game, really, keep up the good work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Mapster is a geographic quiz game. You are given a map, and asked to find locations of various places. The more accurate you will be - the more points you will earn. If you break 10 000 points with first 10 places - you go to next level, and the game becomes a bit more challenging You can submit your score to leaderboards (ScoreLoop) and compete with friends and others.

With this app you can learn amazingly fast, while enjoying it :)

There are 13 maps available, each with its own levels, places and leaderboards. Together, it's over 1800 places to guess and learn.

The app is free, no in-game payments, no premium versions. Enjoy :)

I'll be very happy if you check it out, play it (and fill leaderboards with your results! ;)), and give me some feedback :)

Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.mkrstudio.mapster

Direct link to download: http://speedy.sh/KXQeW/Mapster.apk

Screenshots:

o3v9.png

tym2.png

yri1.png
    Why does this app need access to phone calls?

No needs to worry :)

You probably noticed that many apps needs this permission. In fact, it has nothing to do with your phone calls. You can read more here, for example: http://www.womenwithdroids.com/2011/03/deciphering-permissions-read-phone-state-and-identity/

This permission is used mainly because all ad networks need it to show more proper ads. Mapster displays ads (but really few, and not annoying I hope) :)

Feel safe and enjoy the game ;) Today there will be an update, with some fixes, and new languages introduced (thanks to XDA community by the way)
    What a shame that this itsn't physical map, only political ;)

W każdym razie, świetna! :D
    Well we were playing on our 10" tablet and I guess (at least for us) its more intuitive when clicking the map than the text to select different continents/countries. And as we werent the only ones....
    No idea if its on smartphones more obvious what to click to select.
    Just our 2 cents