Formated /modem, I Need Help!! No phone service, no Wi-Fi (FIXED)

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
@skeevydude

Yes please post it here , I think my download speed is a bit slow ... it was awesome before flashing carbon nightly rom OR formating modem / presist folder... this might help ???

This was obtained by doing going into CWM Touch and typing (via adb shell) "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/external_sd/mmcblk0p22.img" so we'll just reverse the process to flash it to a phone

1. copy the attached image to the rood directory of the phone's external_sd
  2. reboot into CWM
  3. hook up to usb
  4. go to Mounts and Storage and mount the external_sd
  5. open Command Prompt/Terminal
  6. "adb shell"
  7. "su" (might not be necessary...CWM adb shell might be root by default)
  8. "dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p22.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22"
  9. reboot phone

I also have a dump of my /modem, but that's a little over 100mb. Try this and if you need my /modem dump as well, let me know.

Attachments

• mmcblk0p22.img
    8 MB · Views: 74

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
This was obtained by doing going into CWM Touch and typing (via adb shell) "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/external_sd/mmcblk0p22.img" so we'll just reverse the process to flash it to a phone

2. reboot into CWM
  3. hook up to usb
  6. "adb shell"
  9. reboot phone

I also have a dump of my /modem, but that's a little over 100mb. Try this and if you need my /modem dump as well, let me know.

Thank you, dude!

RPalomo

Jul 26, 2013
Hi, as I've tried all the flavors of Custom ROMs offered for ADH, I commented that what happened to me the same format the modem.

I solved back to Stock Rom MR using RSD. The only thing is that I lost ROOT, but that's no problem today there are ways to recover faster.

Try this is the fastest.

orangzeb

Oct 12, 2010
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
that procedure is a bit complicated . please if you can upload your modem dump and prodecedure , I don't know if my download speed is a bit slow or not... but that will confirm it... Thanks...

upload to zippyshare.....

Need some config files...

Can any of you send me these files? I have the

/** Configuration file name */
#define CONFIG_FILE "/data/hostapd/hostapd.conf"

/** Default configuration file path */
#define DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE_PATH "/persist/qcom/softap/hostapd_default.conf"

/** Accept list file name */
#define ACCEPT_LIST_FILE "/data/hostapd/hostapd.accept"

/** Deny list file name */
#define DENY_LIST_FILE "/data/hostapd/hostapd.deny"

/** Default Ini file */
#define DEFAULT_INI_FILE "/persist/qcom/softap/qcom_cfg_default.ini"

I have this file:

/** Ini file */
#define INI_FILE "/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini"

But listing it anyway as I believe this is part of the configuration files needed for tethering.

kayits

May 1, 2012
Pasaquina
Correct direction of my Motorola Atrix HD

2. reboot into CWM
  3. hook up to usb
  6. "adb shell"
  9. reboot phone

Thanks! It's works

dd if=/storage/sdcard1/mmcblk0p22.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

Unyc36

Nov 17, 2013
U dont kno how much i love u right now lol

IT WORKED!! IT FREAKING WORKED!!!

Here is what I did:

First of all, download the file that I attached.

You need root access!

Extract it with 7Zip or Winrar.

Use a file manager like Root Explorer (I couldn't make it work with ASTRO)

In the file manager, give it root access.

Copy the unzipped .bin file to your phone.

With the file manager, paste it on "/persist"

If you can't copy it there, you will need to set RW permission to /persist

If there is another file with the same name already, delete it.

Reboot phone.

Enjoy!!!

------------

Thank you for all the people that assisted me in this thread! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :laugh:

PD: This just works with Android 4.2.2, it didn't worked with 4.3. If I find a solution, I will update!

Mannnn... U dont even kno how much i love you right now lol. :highfive: If you were a woman i would make passionate love to u right now till the next day lol. And i am not gay, am jus superrrrrr excited that this fixed my phone. I been wiping and loading **** from like 3 weeks now tryin to fix it. Up till this day u are still saving lives lol... android lives that is lol

THANKS MUCH AGAIN... I had that file on my computer but jus didnt kno how to get it into persists floder. Was usin Astro but that was working, reading ur post i used Root Explorer, Install Stock Firmware with RSD and restarted. As the phone start i saw "Wifi Networks Available"!!
Was so happy. ;)

I have another problem now tho, because i been through so much wiping and loading my phone wont start on a custom rom, neither jellybean, only ICS. So another quest begins on fixing that, if it can be fixed. :D

Reactions: TecknoFreak

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Mannnn... U dont even kno how much i love you right now lol. :highfive: If you were a woman i would make passionate love to u right now till the next day lol. And i am not gay, am jus superrrrrr excited that this fixed my phone. I been wiping and loading **** from like 3 weeks now tryin to fix it. Up till this day u are still saving lives lol... android lives that is lol

THANKS MUCH AGAIN... I had that file on my computer but jus didnt kno how to get it into persists floder. Was usin Astro but that was working, reading ur post i used Root Explorer, Install Stock Firmware with RSD and restarted. As the phone start i saw "Wifi Networks Available"!!
Was so happy. ;)

I have another problem now tho, because i been through so much wiping and loading my phone wont start on a custom rom, neither jellybean, only ICS. So another quest begins on fixing that, if it can be fixed. :D

LOL! No homo :laugh:

I'm glad that this was useful to you! About your other problem, it's weird, but everything can be fixed. As SVLAN suggested, you should start a new thread! There are a lot of people willing to help here. :highfive:

mofotrucker

Dec 1, 2006
El Paso
Trying fo fix an error I accidentally formated /modem in my Atrix HD. Please help me, I don't have phone service right now! What do I do???

SOLVED

When you do have this issue, first of all you need to flash with RSD Lite. Check this thread and follow the steps (Say thanks to the OP): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2231249

When you have phone service active, you will notice that Wi-Fi is not working.

Here is what I did to make it work:

You need root access!

Reboot phone.

Enjoy!!!

it worked like a charm thanks alot :good:

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Its possible, you could try it and let us know!

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Nate3D

Feb 23, 2011
Foresthill CA
Thank you!! I tried flashing back to stock with RSD multiple times and did CWM restores several times. Looks like you saved me a whole lot of troubleshooting.
Note to self: don't format something if you don't know what it is...duh (/persist)

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Thank you!! I tried flashing back to stock with RSD multiple times and did CWM restores several times. Looks like you saved me a whole lot of troubleshooting.
Note to self: don't format something if you don't know what it is...duh (/persist)

The same happened to me. I felt like a dumb because I had the phone for less than a month when that happened, lol.

Sent from my Atrix HD using xda app-developers app

dpcsar

Mar 20, 2014

1. copy the attached image to the root directory of the phone's external_sd
  2. reboot into CWM
  3. hook up to usb
  6. "adb shell"
  9. reboot phone

Thanks so much! This restored my /persist partition that I mistakenly formated with CWM when I was cleaning everything for an upgrade.

I used slightly different steps. When in recovery with CWM would not let me 'adb shell' into the system.

My step:
With the phone in android OS (not bootloader or recovery)

1. copy the mmcblk0p22.img image to the rood directory of the phone's external_sd
  2. hook up to usb
  3. "adb shell" (make sure you have root access)
  4. "unmount /persist" (not sure if this is necessary)
  5. "dd if=/external_sd/mmcblk0p22.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22" (I also verified the 'persist' was the /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 before dd'ing)
  6. reboot phone

For me this fixes several things. My wifi now works with WPA2 and 802.1x. I think it will also fix other thing as there is a DRM folder.

Thanks for the help!!! :cool:

Ballinville

Jun 12, 2014
Great solution

Here is what I did:

You need root access!

Reboot phone.

Enjoy!!!

------------

Thank you for all the people that assisted me in this thread! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :laugh:

PD: This just works with Android 4.2.2, it didn't worked with 4.3. If I find a solution, I will update!

I do this in my Atrix HD MB886 with Cyanogenmode Nightly 11 20140218 (android 4.4.2) and my WiFi come back again :D, muchas gracias carnal me salvaste. :victory:

ejbs

Apr 17, 2012
boot failed

For us WiFi not working is usually one of two things: wrong WiFi module or your WiFi chip is broke. /modem doesn't have anything to do with WiFi working or not since its nothing more than the radio the phone uses to connect to cell networks. I'm gonna assume you're fully bootloader unlocked, if not, do that first.

1. Download Mex Retail and extract it somewhere
  2. Copy our fastboot binaries into the extracted folder
  3. Rename the fastboot to snap-fastboot (so you don't use another fastboot; just to be safe)
  4. Open a terminal/command prompt pointing to the extracted folder
  5. Put the phone in fastboot mode
  6. Do these commands exactly in order
  7. snap-fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
  8. snap-fastboot flash sbl2 sbl2.mbn
  9. snap-fastboot flash sbl3 sbl3.mbn
  10. snap-fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
  11. snap-fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
  12. snap-fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
  13. snap-fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
  14. snap-fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
  15. snap-fastboot erase modemst1
  16. snap-fastboot erase modemst2
  17. snap-fastboot flash logo logo.bin
  18. snap-fastboot flash boot boot.img
  19. snap-fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
  20. snap-fastboot flash system system.img
  21. snap-fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
  22. snap-fastboot erase tombstones
  23. snap-fastboot erase cache
  24. snap-fastboot erase userdata

Notice how I left the recovery partition out.....make sure you're using the latest CWM Touch...anyways....after all that, boot directly from fastboot to CWM Touch and the just exit. It'll prompt you about not having root (say yes) and then about fixing install-recovery.sh (say yes again). That'll put you back on fully rooted stock. If WiFi doesn't work now then you're phone might need fixing.

I did leave out one thing that could be an issue -- if your last stock rom was ICS based then you might just be having issues with the ICS devtree on a JB rom. For me 4.3 PAC only booted once with it and was seriously wonky when it did work. Doing the above will ensure that you are using the appropriate crap needed for JB stock and 4.2/4.3 custom roms.

Hi! I tried this method after trying RSD Lite. When I try flash boot.img it failed. Show "Preflash validation failed". I used (fastboot oem fb_mode_clear) before flashing the boot. I'm trying ATT Stock ROMs (ICS & JB). The phone is stuck at ATT logo and is not bootloader unlocked.
What can I do?. RSD Lite stop at the same step (boot.img).
Thanks!

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Hi! I tried this method after trying RSD Lite. When I try flash boot.img it failed. Show "Preflash validation failed". I used (fastboot oem fb_mode_clear) before flashing the boot. I'm trying ATT Stock ROMs (ICS & JB). The phone is stuck at ATT logo and is not bootloader unlocked.
What can I do?. RSD Lite stop at the same step (boot.img).
Thanks!

Flash a compatible fastboot with your locked bootloader phone.....you can only downgrade or flash non-carrier fastboots with an unlocked phone. Whatever stock you were running before you started this is what you need to flash. Nothing else will work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is what I did:

You need root access!

Reboot phone.

Enjoy!!!

------------

Trying fo fix an error I accidentally formated /modem in my Atrix HD. Please help me, I don't have phone service right now! What do I do???

SOLVED

When you do have this issue, first of all you need to flash with RSD Lite. Check this thread and follow the steps (Say thanks to the OP): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2231249

When you have phone service active, you will notice that Wi-Fi is not working.

Here is what I did to make it work:

You need root access!

Reboot phone.

Enjoy!!!
    @skeevydude

Yes please post it here , I think my download speed is a bit slow ... it was awesome before flashing carbon nightly rom OR formating modem / presist folder... this might help ???

2. reboot into CWM
    3. hook up to usb
    6. "adb shell"
    9. reboot phone

Did you tried going back to stock using Rsdlite?

Sent from my Atrix HD using ProBAM rom and XDA 4 Premium
    All it comes to mind is to make sure the APN are set correctly. That could be the problem as well

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

You can also try to flash ProBam rom and set the APN's on that rom. I had a similar situation and i fixed it by doing this

The APN is right, in fact I have data services but no Wi-Fi. The issue is that I have limited quota (250mb, believe it or not), that's why I need the Wi-Fi.

ProBAM does include modem as well? I just tried ParanoidAndroid (nice room, btw) but still the same. I am already downloading ProBAM, will report results again. Thanks!