[Q] What is the solution for touch problem after updating 4.2.1

Search This thread

Andvoider

Sep 25, 2013
I have updated canvasHD to 4.2.1 official,due to TPupgrade my touch is not working,any solution?

Kindly post what type of upgrading you've done.
and state all the process that you did.
basic troubleshooting requires documentation.

If you flashed the upgrade through CWM, try to do a full wipe and reflash it again.
After flashing is complete, reboot and don't you dare touching the screen (just don't touch the phone) during TP upgrade.
usually that is the cause of the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: tejasjani55

vrun29

Sep 12, 2013
Bangalore
Good if you are lucky !!!

I have updated canvasHD to 4.2.1 official,due to TPupgrade my touch is not working,any solution?

If anybody has a back up of their canvas HD touch calibration taken through Maui Meta I guess it can be restored back in the phone which has failed TP upgrade. Or if some one has a perfectly working canvas HD a back up of touch calibration can be taken and the back up can be restored back in the phone which has failed TP upgrade. No guarantee if its gonna work as its not tested. Good luck.

-Proud member of XDA

Last edited:

vrun29

Sep 12, 2013
Bangalore
Unfortunate

How to do that backup and restore?or any other solutions

Unfortunately I had been to the MMX service center yesterday and surprisingly the techs are not well trained, they are not sure what caused the problem. Their solution was for me to change the touch panel which would cost Rs.2500, But i repeatedly told them its due to TP upgrade failure but I dont think they understood. I am stuck and have no way as of now. :mad:

vrun29

Sep 12, 2013
Bangalore
Tried already

Try reflashing the 4.2 stock rom through sp flash tool and your device should be fine.If you want you can refer to this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471747

I have flashed the stock rom several times by now and no use :(:(

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

How to do that backup and restore?or any other solutions

I had found this video but its blurry... All the best :good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtWQ-SoE2YA

- Proud member of XDA

RavenBrent07

Feb 14, 2014
tried it all.

sir, i have the same problem. and downgrading from 4.2 to 4.1 DOESNT FIX the problem. i've tried it.

i've also tried upgrading to 4.2.1 but still , that doesnt fix the prob. tried entering factory mode and manually do TP Upgrade but it says,

"Firmware bin failed." it means that the firmware of our touch panel have been corrupted.

i have flashed stock 4.1 and 4.2 Rom via spflash and still that didnt FIX.

only option left for me now is to bring it to service center.

how i wish someone can fix this.
:rolleyes:

AmythP

Feb 8, 2014
MUMBAI
OnePlus 8 Pro
The lag is because of the consumption of resources through the apks..

There is a simple solution to it:
1- If you are on stock ROM and rooted try uninstalling the Stock bloatware>Beware this may brick your device if uninstalled system apks.
2- Try using a different launcher not saying that the stock launcher is bad but give it a shot to NOVA or Apex launcher.
3- Go in Settings-Developer Options and change the Window, Transition,& Animator duration scale to 0.5 or OFF!!
4- Go on play store and search Seeder And Greenify - It works and saves battery too.

Hope these tips MAY help;) Keep Me Posted !!

If helped Don't Forget To Click The THANKS button !!!!:good:

Top Liked Posts