Incipio DualPro Case Review.

Search This thread

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Here is my quick review of the new Incipio DualPro Case. First I want to say sorry for the blurry pics. Wasn't taken with the best camera, but I wanted to get this up now.

Right off the bat this case feels great. It's almost gel-like. It's made of a hard shell, and very soft inner part, but both feel the same. It's like a feltish feel. Reminds me of the Nexus One's back. Even though it was hard plastic, it had that soft touch feel to it. The buttons are extremely easy to press thanks to the soft inside material being the cover instead of the hard outer shell, or individual pieces like the Spigen Neo-Hybrid. The overall thickness is also less compared to both the Neo-Hybrid and the Spigen Slim Armor. It almost feels like the naked phone without a case.

The cutouts are spot on too. Just like the Slim Armor. No complaints overall. Again the headphone port has a deep cutout, so you will need an extension, or just use headsets with thin jacks. Anything larger than the headphones that came with it won't fit. The camera is tucked in just enough, so there is no fear of it contacting any surface when put down, and the front is thick enough to protect any sort of surface if laid face down. I'm really happy with this case. For me it's a toss up between the Slim Armor and this with the Neo-Hybrid last. Both the Slim Armor and DualPro feel great in the hand, but the DualPro feels a bit better with the super soft touch feel. Great case that you can't go wrong with. The color is Cyan.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/samsung-smartphone-cases-accessories/samsung-galaxy-note-3-cases.html

Last edited:

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
More pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20131021_162247.jpg
    IMG_20131021_162247.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_20131021_162305.jpg
    IMG_20131021_162305.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_20131021_162328.jpg
    IMG_20131021_162328.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_20131021_162334.jpg
    IMG_20131021_162334.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 734

phiquantu

Apr 3, 2011

Thanks for the pictures & review, this may be my kind of case. One question though, how is the gripping on the sides? All I need in a case now is one that provide sufficient grip, since the Note 3 is so thin and slippery on the sides that sometimes it literally slides off my hands/grip.

james_f

Nov 13, 2010
The grip on the sides Isn't super slick but I wouldn't call it grippy either. I'd try and check it out in a VZW store first hand. My only complaint is the TPU insert doesn't have much rigidity around the home button and the speaker. So it snags and doesn't stay snug so to speak.

I'm probably going to return mine when my Uag arrives

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the pictures & review, this may be my kind of case. One question though, how is the gripping on the sides? All I need in a case now is one that provide sufficient grip, since the Note 3 is so thin and slippery on the sides that sometimes it literally slides off my hands/grip.

This is the only case so far that I'm really having an easy time holding. The Slim Armor was the best I thought, but this one is just a perfect increase in size over the naked phone. The rubbery texture is more than enough to grip. When you first put it on it may feel a bit slippery, but it's just the talcom powder they use in the molds for the silicone to be easy to get out. I wiped mine down, and now it's a soft rubbery grippy feeling case. I really like it a lot. Plus the sides are curved. There are no corners that you need to grip against like the Neo-Hybrid or Slim Armor. It's a very natural feeling to hold it since your fingers wrap the entire case. One bonus feature I found for me is the entire bottom is the very soft inner case, and the way I hold the phone I tend to put my pinky under the bottom as a brace. The soft gel really is easy on my finger. The other two case are hard on the bottom, and I would have to keep moving my pinky to stay comfy.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
The grip on the sides Isn't super slick but I wouldn't call it grippy either. I'd try and check it out in a VZW store first hand. My only complaint is the TPU insert doesn't have much rigidity around the home button and the speaker. So it snags and doesn't stay snug so to speak.

That's a good additon to mention. The top and bottom are both just the soft inner case. There is no hard outer shell to keep it pressed against the phone, so if you tend to put it in your pocket I can see it getting caught and pulled when you try to pull it out, but overall with it being on the case and used, it doesn't "wobble or flipflop" by itself. It's stiff enough to stay put, but easy enough to pull away with a slight tug.

james_f

Nov 13, 2010
Ah yeah I wasn't clear. It stays put until it snags coming in and out of my pocket. It's merely an annoyance.

My favorite thing about the case is how comfortable it is. Holding the phone naked now feels sharp and uncomfortable.

Looks great!! Thanks for the review and your initial thoughts on it! Looks really good on your white GN3! I also bought a white GN3, so this is perfect for keying me know how this will look on mine! Thank you!!

One thing, you should put a link in the OP so readers can easily find this case, instead of having to search the web for it. Other than that, which you can easily fix with an edit, excellent review!

Sent from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Looks great!! Thanks for the review and your initial thoughts on it! Looks really good on your white GN3! I also bought a white GN3, so this is perfect for keying me know how this will look on mine! Thank you!!

One thing, you should put a link in the OP so readers can easily find this case, instead of having to search the web for it. Other than that, which you can easily fix with an edit, excellent review!

Link added to OP.

Reactions: stanglifemike

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
How'd you get your case so quickly? I pre-ordered directly from incipio.com about 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a shipping notice.

EDIT: Oh, apparently the blue and pink versions are shipping NOW, but the neutral white and black versions are taking a little longer. Ah well.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
How'd you get your case so quickly? I pre-ordered directly from incipio.com about 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a shipping notice.

EDIT: Oh, apparently the blue and pink versions are shipping NOW, but the neutral white and black versions are taking a little longer. Ah well.

I'm special. LOL Yeah just as your edit said. I check sites daily, and when I see them in stock I order ASAP. That's how I get all my case in before everyone. I check first thing in the morning (around 8). I find I can order in the morning with "in stock" stuff, and by afternoon they are already out of stock.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
I picked up a DualPro SHINE, Brushed silver color, from the Verizon store, They were able to pick up the day note3 came out. They still sell them, It's a the best over the counter case you can get IMHO at the moment.

kalani91

Aug 7, 2010
How does this case compare to the spigen bounce? I just ordered the bounce to try it out.

jmw2207

Aug 10, 2011
I loved this case on my SG4 but it was a Lint & Dust magnent. I think there is a correlation with most cases....the grippier the case...the more dust and lint it will attract. Just got a UAG case for my new note 3 and it sits perfectly inbetween Grip and Lint spectrum!

davey999944

Apr 8, 2013
Just ordered mine from amazon. How easy / not easy is it to quickly take off and put back on? Like if I wanted to swap batteries in my phone, would it be this whole ordeal? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
It's very easy. One of the best cases if you need to do that. When it's on it's on good, but no fear of breaking something if you have to take it off.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 3 far, far away....

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
My older brother had the Shine version of the Incipio DualPro for his Galaxy Note II and it was pretty bulky with no easy way to take it off. I have the Spigen Slim Armor for my Galaxy Note 3 and considered it superior until I noticed a crack in the armor yesterday. It has never been dropped so I am pretty sure that it was caused by taking the phone in and out daily. I do this carefully one side at a time and push through from behind (camera opening) but it happened anyway. I would hope that the Note 3 version of the DualPro is easier.

Also, it was rounded so it probably wouldn't fit a flat metallic plate insert like the nGroove Snap uses. He also tried it with a Qi wireless receiver I sent him and it doesn't work through the case. :( I hope the Note 3 version is thinner.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my quick review of the new Incipio DualPro Case. First I want to say sorry for the blurry pics. Wasn't taken with the best camera, but I wanted to get this up now.

Right off the bat this case feels great. It's almost gel-like. It's made of a hard shell, and very soft inner part, but both feel the same. It's like a feltish feel. Reminds me of the Nexus One's back. Even though it was hard plastic, it had that soft touch feel to it. The buttons are extremely easy to press thanks to the soft inside material being the cover instead of the hard outer shell, or individual pieces like the Spigen Neo-Hybrid. The overall thickness is also less compared to both the Neo-Hybrid and the Spigen Slim Armor. It almost feels like the naked phone without a case.

The cutouts are spot on too. Just like the Slim Armor. No complaints overall. Again the headphone port has a deep cutout, so you will need an extension, or just use headsets with thin jacks. Anything larger than the headphones that came with it won't fit. The camera is tucked in just enough, so there is no fear of it contacting any surface when put down, and the front is thick enough to protect any sort of surface if laid face down. I'm really happy with this case. For me it's a toss up between the Slim Armor and this with the Neo-Hybrid last. Both the Slim Armor and DualPro feel great in the hand, but the DualPro feels a bit better with the super soft touch feel. Great case that you can't go wrong with. The color is Cyan.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/samsung-smartphone-cases-accessories/samsung-galaxy-note-3-cases.html

Ah yeah I wasn't clear. It stays put until it snags coming in and out of my pocket. It's merely an annoyance.

My favorite thing about the case is how comfortable it is. Holding the phone naked now feels sharp and uncomfortable.

Link added to OP.