Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
Twitter: @dalingrin
Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
-While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:

Last edited:

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007
Thank you so much! Is everyone having the "stuck in roaming" issue?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I don't know yet. I'm flashing the nightly to see if its something in this particular build that I can reproduce. I've been running CM-10.2 for over a week without any roaming, signal, or data issues.

If you are having this issue then please join #lg-g2 so we can figure it out.

There was a very large RIL change that was merged yesterday that might be effecting VS980

Last edited:

bose301s

Mar 3, 2010
Carrboro, NC
I am!!

All you have to do is enable Roaming Data and it will work, however it will give you the R in the signal strength icon still and you need to use WiFi to sign into your CM and Google accounts.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I don't know yet. I'm flashing the nightly to see if its something in this particular build that I can reproduce. I've been running CM-10.2 for over a week without any roaming, signal, or data issues.

If you are having this issue then please join #lg-g2 so we can figure it out.

There was a very large RIL change that was merged yesterday that might be effecting VS980
I would if I wasn't at work. Hope you get some progress made.

Last edited:

taylor310

Nov 15, 2007
I am!!

All you have to do is enable Roaming Data and it will work, however it will give you the R in the signal strength icon still and you need to use WiFi to sign into your CM and Google accounts.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Toggling airplane mode on and then off got me LTE.

Reactions: zman0125

fudlen

Jun 10, 2009
knock on

Does the knock on feature work? With that back power button I really like that feature.

taylor310

Nov 15, 2007
Toggling airplane mode on and then off got me working LTE. I went into the Mobile NEtworks setting again and it crashed and went off. However toggling airplane mode on and off again fixed it. This is a fix it appears, but there is still something funky going on.

Reactions: Technowhiz123

bose301s

Mar 3, 2010
Carrboro, NC
Does the knock on feature work? With that back power button I really like that feature.
Actually, yes it does, at least to wake the device, to put it to sleep you do have to still use the back power button. Personally I prefer the button placement on this phone to the standard side placement now that I've used it for a bit.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Toggling airplane mode on and then off got me working LTE. I went into the Mobile NEtworks setting again and it crashed and went off. However toggling airplane mode on and off again fixed it. This is a fix it appears, but there is still something funky going on.
Exactly what I was getting as well.

dalingrin

Nov 6, 2007

Actually, yes it does, at least to wake the device, to put it to sleep you do have to still use the back power button. Personally I prefer the button placement on this phone to the standard side placement now that I've used it for a bit.

Check the OP.
Knock on works, knock off doesn't but you can add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile so you don't have to pick up the phone.

Also...this first nightly is going to be removed since a change that was merged last night broke the radio on this first build for VS980.

Reactions: zman0125

youngproguru

Jun 29, 2010
New York State
I have TMobile Working on the Verizon Model. CM 10.2 Nightly

The Mobile networks control panel forces close in settings so setting up the APN was a bit of a challenge. However, once I got the APN set, I have HSPA + speeds and everything reports correctly, as if it is native to this device.
I hope that the radio (Modem) is ported from the T Mobile edition so that I can have access to 4G like I had on my Nexus 4!
Thanks CM Devs. Another awesome job.

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
I am!!

The toggle worked for me too, thanks for the note!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

finkalink

Nov 23, 2008
Has anyone got the PIE controls to work? I can't seem to get the expanded desktop to get the bottom navigation to disappear and for the screen edges to trigger the PIE control. Any advice?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
does tethering work?

i want to flash a 4.3 rom but tethering doesnt exist on AICP and I have not yet tried vanir, and I've run cm10 and 10.1 on my spectrum and tethering always worked great (actually I have cm10.1 on my spectrum now) and was wondering if tethering is working on this yet? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://www.get.cm

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-g2 on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have CWM or TWRP 2.6.3.3 or newer already installed
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data​

Download:
    Vs980 now has cm11 branch ...i smell nightlies :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They should start tomorrow
    seems like there hasnt been too much development recently for this rom on this device. there is the G2 xposed module that enables the double tap of the status bar, but it makes the status bar buggy all together

...I'm not going to implement it in 4.3. Work is primarily moving to 4.4.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
    I posted over in the cm site forums about our issues and possible lack of a maintainer. Cm team member @ciwrl responded that he would be looking into it. I also noted @JackpotClavin's work and the major breakthroughs he has accomplished. This is at least a step forward.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I tried the 11/26 CM11 unofficial nightly and had some stability issues (most likely due to the kernel legacy code Dalingrin referenced). When running certain games such as Epoch or Injustice (Unreal engine may be a specific factor), the audio will begin to glitch during play, and eventually the program freezes, but does not force close. you can actually switch programs, or go home, return to the game and it will still be frozen. I noticed similar issues running the Gummy preview.

Not griping, I understand that things are still Alpha, but I haven't seen anyone post these specific issues. Thanks for all the hard work Dalingrin (fan from the HP TP days).

Yes, it could be the legacy code.
    Keep in mind that I posted the CM11 build as just a preview. I suspect most folks will want to wait until we get rid of the legacy code and also wait until more features are merged into CM11. Once we update the kernel, quite a lot of behind the scenes code will also change with it. So, the issue you ran into might be fixed along the way.