XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SkOrPn Samsung Jig & USB OTG

Tip us?

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Would you be willing to do a special edition release? These are titanium with tritium vials. $57 each with 2 color vials. There's your $66 premium jig. Lol.

WOW, that is the nicest looking lanyard I have ever seen, lol... Sure, if YOU buy the Lanyards and then ship them to me haha, it should work great on my nice new connectors I just got. Seems to have even more room now inside it, so the cords "should" fit. Let me know if your serious or was just joking.

Oh and by the way, the JIG's are back in stock and $5.99 again. $10 if someone wants me to try and get those new Lanyards above to seat into these new connectors with my SureBonder Hot Glue. This JIG should look amazing wow.

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!
The Following User Says Thank You to SkOrPn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrischoi
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post

WOW, that is the nicest looking lanyard I have ever seen, lol... Sure, if YOU buy the Lanyards and then ship them to me haha, it should work great on my nice new connectors I just got. Seems to have even more room now inside it, so the cords "should" fit. Let me know if your serious or was just joking.

Oh and by the way, the JIG's are back in stock and $5.99 again. $10 if someone wants me to try and get those new Lanyards above to seat into these new connectors with my SureBonder Hot Glue. This JIG should look amazing wow.
What lanyard for $10? I think it's the same 550 paracord. It's just the bead... just slip it on. Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrischoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoi View Post
What lanyard for $10? I think it's the same 550 paracord. It's just the bead... just slip it on. Lol.
I don't know how to make that type of Lanyard lol... Thats a special knot and a special cord stop and I have no clue how how to do or get either. $10 is for me to take YOUR Lanyard that you already bought and glue it into my JIG for you. I was just quoting a price for the custom special edition JIG you showed me, HOWEVER you have to supply the Lanyard or show me where to buy those items and a guide on how to tie those knots. I would be amazed if I even found the extra time to do that extra work...

It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!

chrischoi
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkOrPn View Post
I don't know how to make that type of Lanyard lol... Thats a special knot and a special cord stop and I have no clue how how to do or get either. $10 is for me to take YOUR Lanyard that you already bought and glue it into my JIG for you. I was just quoting a price for the custom special edition JIG you showed me, HOWEVER you have to supply the Lanyard or show me where to buy those items and a guide on how to tie those knots. I would be amazed if I even found the extra time to do that extra work...
How much slack do you need at the top? I want to have the ball touching the bottom of the jig for a tight fit.

Sent from my SGH-T989
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrischoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SkOrPn
Old
(Last edited by SkOrPn; 22nd April 2012 at 08:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoi View Post
How much slack do you need at the top? I want to have the ball touching the bottom of the jig for a tight fit.

Sent from my SGH-T989
Man that would be sweet looking wouldn't it? I might just go back to froyo bootloaders just so I can be forced to use my JIG more often, lmao

Yeah it does look like I would have to add much more length to the cord in order to make that knot, but like you said if I leave the knot out of the design and just let the cord stop (or what ever that ball thingy is called) float all the way to the JIG it would be ideal. The cords come out together as they are melted together before I glue it to the inside of the JIG's casing. So yes the ball would come into contact with the JIG for sure.

Try and find me a source for those ball things (cord stops) if you can and I will look also if I find some time. I dont see any sort of friction device on that ball which would null the idea it is a cord stop. Looks more like decoration than anything to me. Also it looks like it could easily fall off the end of the lanyard and get lost, as compared to an actual cord stop..

EDIT: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...4#post10717134

LMAO, OK OK I just found the guy who makes them and wow. I thought you were kidding when you said I should charge $66 for each one. THESE things are $57 for just one bead... So, in short I will not be buying any of these haha. However, if someone wants I can ship them a JIG WITHOUT the cord stop and you can slip this fancy glow-in-the-dark bead on yourself no problem. Damn and I was hoping these were something I could buy in bulk for a few bucks. lol oh well.....

kitila
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Well mine just got here today must say fitst off didnt pick the color but wife emailed you and,well got yellow like I wanted.next got to me in speedy time, packaging was professional,along with instructions,alsi live the scorpion on the jig over all woukd recommend any1 here to buy
Using: Nexus 4 rooted and Nexus 4 stock

Sgs3 rooted
HTC Amaze
SGS2 rooted stock
Mytouch 4G soff
G2 rooted soff
Mytouch slide rooted soff cm7
Nook color stock boot from sd nookie
Motor cliq2 stock damn moto locked bootloader
Moto cliq rooted RIP

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitila View Post
Well mine just got here today must say fitst off didnt pick the color but wife emailed you and,well got yellow like I wanted.next got to me in speedy time, packaging was professional,along with instructions,alsi live the scorpion on the jig over all woukd recommend any1 here to buy
Thanks for your support and I am glad it worked for you.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Major_Nate
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just wondering if this jig will work for Sprint Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710)? I know I'm posting under the wrong forum, but just figured I would ask...
Samsung Galaxy S3 White, running that Stock MD4 (first unrooted phone ever)

***Any posting I make is my personal opinion and not the views of any company or organization***

Hinzman420
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Are these still available? EBay says sold

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinzman420 View Post
Are these still available? EBay says sold
Yep, I am still making them. I have enough materials for maybe a few dozen. PM me and I will send you my ebay link if your interested. Thanks