[ROM] [E970] [4.3] [cfX-Toolchain 4.8.y+] codefireXperiment Nightlies [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Has anyone had any luck with additional features through xposed? I love how this runs, but I can't seem to reclaim any of my beloved features from carbon without incurring non-stop systemui crashes...

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
Running badass with neiborhoodhackers kernel in love with cfx again

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
The strange thing is that it's just within the apps that I get the errors. It's like the apps work fine, but they have a reporting error that makes them think that they aren't getting root.

Weird.

I have the exact same issue. If I do not flash superuser everything runs fine.... Well except for not being able to use apps that require root. When superuser is flashed, I get constant force closes on just about everything with an error report.

Also with superuser flashed the ROM will reboot after about 5 minutes, and the loading animation from then on will be tearing and all distorted.

Would love to use this ROM and the overclocked kernel, but until I can solve the issue it is completely unusable. I will report back when I have time and can figure out what's up.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
I don't understand... Why some have problems with root all I did was flash ROM then gapps then oc kernel. The supersu 1.65 and all my apps have root access strange... :confused:

TnG2903

Dec 18, 2009
I have the exact same issue. If I do not flash superuser everything runs fine.... Well except for not being able to use apps that require root. When superuser is flashed, I get constant force closes on just about everything with an error report.

Also with superuser flashed the ROM will reboot after about 5 minutes, and the loading animation from then on will be tearing and all distorted.

Would love to use this ROM and the overclocked kernel, but until I can solve the issue it is completely unusable. I will report back when I have time and can figure out what's up.

I'm running the build from 24th, and so far so good, with superuser 1.65 flashed, core gapps. I suggest that you should try that build too :D. Also, in this build, I can use xposed without any issue.

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
I don't understand... Why some have problems with root all I did was flash ROM then gapps then oc kernel. The supersu 1.65 and all my apps have root access strange... :confused:

I did the same process multiple times and even re-downloaded all the files to make sure I did not get a bad download. Same thing everytime. :(

Also the problem is more then not getting root. Once super user is flashed... EVERYTHING force closes... APPS, Launcher, settings, xda app.... everything. It snowballs, then the phone will reboot.

I'm running the build from 24th, and so far so good, with superuser 1.65 flashed, core gapps. I suggest that you should try that build too :D. Also, in this build, I can use xposed without any issue.

I'll give that a shot.

Last edited:

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012

If you don't mind, what xposed modules are you using?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
I am using appsettings and xbatteries they work just fine

Reactions: C2fifield

OMGMatrix

Apr 16, 2011

I apologize, but that is not the issue I highlighted.

I can use root apps fine, it's just that the apps report that they're not getting SU rights, when in fact they are. For example, Adaway will say that copying the hosts file failed, but when I close the app & reboot the phone, I find the the hosts file Was in fact copied, and the app is simply reporting that it isn't working.

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
I apologize, but that is not the issue I highlighted.

I can use root apps fine, it's just that the apps report that they're not getting SU rights, when in fact they are. For example, Adaway will say that copying the hosts file failed, but when I close the app & reboot the phone, I find the the hosts file Was in fact copied, and the app is simply reporting that it isn't working.

It sounded like the problem I am having.

Though I just figured out that it is not the ROM, it's the OC kernel. Everything in the ROM works fine unless I use the OC kernel. Does the same thing on cm10.2.

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Hi,

I'm using xposed core module, with bootmanager. Which module cause you problem? I'll try it out for you

Um I tried gravitybox and a couple other all in one tweak packages. I guess I'm not surprised they don't work since they're meant for aosp, but I was trying to get some more features since I'm used to carbon.

TnG2903

Dec 18, 2009
Um I tried gravitybox and a couple other all in one tweak packages. I guess I'm not surprised they don't work since they're meant for aosp, but I was trying to get some more features since I'm used to carbon.

Hi,

I've tried gravitybox too, without any problem :D. Nothing force close for me. I'm using the kernel in this rom, not the OC one.

But strange thing happen when I tried to enable Multicore Power Saving option in trickster kernel mod. When set to 1, once in a while, I get kernel crashed, the screen went black, with DemiGod Kernel Crash handler appear. Anyone seen this problem?

Reactions: C2fifield

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
Hi,

I've tried gravitybox too, without any problem :D. Nothing force close for me. I'm using the kernel in this rom, not the OC one.

But strange thing happen when I tried to enable Multicore Power Saving option in trickster kernel mod. When set to 1, once in a while, I get kernel crashed, the screen went black, with DemiGod Kernel Crash handler appear. Anyone seen this problem?

Hm, I was using the oc kernel so maybe that did it... Thanks for the info!

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
The 10/28 build says no changes but is 10mb smaller.....?

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
I installed this rom. Its awesome, expect My SD Card wont mount! Its EXFAT 64 GB. Do I need to make it FAT 32??

Top Liked Posts