Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[STOCK] [ROM] T989UVKID [26.09.2011][Android 2.3.5] Tmobile

OP Przekret

5th March 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #61  
magiconthetire's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Youngstown, OH
Thanks Meter: 258
 
1,947 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roblou56

after flashing stock rom provided will i be able to update to 2.3.6 via OTA or Kies.

Yes, you will be able to update the OS with no issues
18th March 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #62  
mydogyuma's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Newark, Texas
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I bricked my T-Mobile White Galaxy S2 when trying a supposed update to Ice Cream Sandwich and this download brought me back! Thanks mucho for this, it saved my azz. I'll wait until the official release.

Before Android I was a WinMo 6.5 guy....so much easier but so much LESS
Thanks Again!
25th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #63  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
I'm trying to get my phone back to stock, I ran Odin and selected the tar.md5 file, let Odin do its thing and the phone rebooted when Odin was done ( no errors ) and it's just stuck on the boot animation now. I went back into download mode again to flash the SGH-T989-Stock-UVKID.tar kernel thinking that's why it wasn't booting, but it's still not booting after that either..

I'm coming from Eugenes CM7 if that matters...

Thanks!

Got it working now. Incase anyone ever has the same problem, I had to go into recovery and format/wipe the system.
Last edited by sano614; 25th April 2012 at 04:02 PM.
25th October 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #64  
going way back with a little sumpthin like this... anybody have a n old cwm recovery to post here.. newer ones not werking to good.

nvrmind found via checking google for the md5 sum. great way to find old files

was tired of not being able to see my paid apps in jb ...


here is where I found the ancient.. yoda had it


Check the bands in service mode with *#2263# WCDMA, GSM also LTE bands
Last edited by Rushing; 25th October 2013 at 10:18 PM.
25th October 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #65  
Darth's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
13,331 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

going way back with a little sumpthin like this... anybody have a n old cwm recovery to post here.. newer ones not werking to good.

nvrmind found via checking google for the md5 sum. great way to find old files

was tired of not being able to see my paid apps in jb ...


here is where I found the ancient.. yoda had it


Check the bands in service mode with *#2263# WCDMA, GSM also LTE bands

Gb? You'z crazy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
25th October 2013, 11:36 PM   |  #66  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Gb? You'z crazy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk


dont know man my phone is is getting two bars of 4g and I usually cant sign in to play store etc without internet connections ...this baby here 2.3.5 and not 2.3.6 just completed sign in in record time phone is werking good... no lag on keyboard and its still bloated just about to root and debloat..

very responsive, like it was meant to be on 2.3.5


if anything the keyboard so far is superior ti what im used to on the t989... may bring it over at some point when/if gb gets old again
Last edited by Rushing; 26th October 2013 at 12:17 AM.
26th October 2013, 12:49 AM   |  #67  
Darth's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,843
 
13,331 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

dont know man my phone is is getting two bars of 4g and I usually cant sign in to play store etc without internet connections ...this baby here 2.3.5 and not 2.3.6 just completed sign in in record time phone is werking good... no lag on keyboard and its still bloated just about to root and debloat..

very responsive, like it was meant to be on 2.3.5


if anything the keyboard so far is superior ti what im used to on the t989... may bring it over at some point when/if gb gets old again

I must say, I don't think my phone has ever been as smooth, stable and as good battery life as it was on GB....but using BBM now....and it doesn't work on GB....so can't really take it for a spin again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes