JSS15J.I317UCUBMJ4 (Android 4.3)

31st October 2013, 06:00 PM   |  #561  
Thanks Meter: 1,423

1,994 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua79

I have installed seanz Kernel so I can restore TB backups with out the fixer. Do I need the bootloader for twrp backup and restore to work or just the kernel?

I've restored using TB with the stock kernel with zero issues. I just rescanned the whole device in preferences for TB.
However the backspace key on stock keyboard is REALLY starting to get on my nerves

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to softballjunkee13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #562  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
I've successfully installed the android 4.3 on my Bell i317m. I've used the OP file in the first post with mobile Odin.

So basically, you just have to first backup your modem with TWRP, then extract the I317UCUBMJ4.7z file on your phone and with Mobile Odin, choose the right img file for each section then flash. After this, you can flash TWRP for the t0lteatt with PC Odin and then restore the modem you first backed up.

Now I'm searching to get root privilege back on my i317m, I'm getting blocked by Knox security warning.

EDIT : Ok got root access now. I've used CF-Auto-Root for my t0lteatt http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980644 . After installing this with Odin, Knox will block it but you just have to go on Google Play and update the SuperSU apps. Open it and follow the instruction to get root back. After this you can disable Knox with a Terminal Emulator by using this command :

su pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

Voila! I hope this can help some i317m users
Last edited by cilk; 31st October 2013 at 09:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cilk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2013, 11:37 PM   |  #563  
Flag mx
Thanks Meter: 19

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilk

I've successfully installed the android 4.3 on my Bell i317m. I've used the OP file in the first post with mobile Odin.

So basically, you just have to first backup your modem with TWRP, then extract the I317UCUBMJ4.7z file on your phone and with Mobile Odin, choose the right img file for each section then flash. After this, you can flash TWRP for the t0lteatt with PC Odin and then restore the modem you first backed up.

Now I'm searching to get root privilege back on my i317m, I'm getting blocked by Knox security warning.

EDIT : Ok got root access now. I've used CF-Auto-Root for my t0lteatt http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980644 . After installing this with Odin, Knox will block it but you just have to go on Google Play and update the SuperSU apps. Open it and follow the instruction to get root back. After this you can disable Knox with a Terminal Emulator by using this command :

Is wifi and data property working?

Enviado desde mi SGH-I317M
1st November 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #564  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtique

Is wifi and data property working?

Enviado desde mi SGH-I317M

Data is working because you restore your modem but no wifi yet. Don't try the bootloader from this thread on i317m http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...m#post46903575 it will soft brick your device... I tried it.

Also my data seem to be faster, wifi is not a big deal for me, I can wait
1st November 2013, 01:19 AM   |  #565  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I ready download 4.3?
how to install the upgrade on my phone? I ready download the file but do not know what I need to do I'm using winRar..
1st November 2013, 01:29 AM   |  #566  
Flag that one place
Thanks Meter: 254

1,527 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, I've been reading and I want a straight answer, I just flash this through Odin and bam I'm on stock 4.3, no issues? I'm not worried about root, I just want 4.3 for now

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to iNeedICS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 01:51 AM   |  #567  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedICS

Ok, I've been reading and I want a straight answer, I just flash this through Odin and bam I'm on stock 4.3, no issues? I'm not worried about root, I just want 4.3 for now

I need to extract any files before start using Odin?
1st November 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #568  
Flag that one place
Thanks Meter: 254

1,527 posts
Donate to Me
More
@*junior22* yup, at least from my previous experience, I haven't done this yet though I want to do it tonight

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *junior22*

how to install the upgrade on my phone? I ready download the file but do not know what I need to do I'm using winRar..

I use 7zip, I never liked winrar

1st November 2013, 02:14 AM   |  #569  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilk

Hey. good to hear that it is working for i317M users. I have the same phone from Rogers (same as AT&T), but it is Modified to work with Mobilicity (same as T-Mobile). I don't want to flash new ROM and then finding my phone not working with Mobilicity anymore. Can you let me know what do I need to do in order to make sure I don't break the phone? Also, I need WI-FI too, how will I get it? (I am a Newbie so be patient )

Cheers
1st November 2013, 04:26 AM   |  #570  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingh819

yep. confirmed. the at&t leak wont work on sgh-i317m. Skynote works if you update from 4.1.2 with twrp or cwm, but the wifi doesnt work. Went back to 4.1.2 Clean Rom (5.0)

Someone message me when 4.3 will work on a SGH-i317M

uhhhh confirm it work on my sgh-i317m its the same thing the m dosent mean anything for the software!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread