Google Android and Linux for KAISER!!

Search This thread

xxbabiboi228xx

Nov 11, 2008
Biloxi Mississippi
look up the post number referenced in my reply you should find the files there, on behalf of dzo if you are glad and thankful he got the camera working feel free to place a donation to keep up the good work and continue the project here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=382265
bottom of the page

Thanks for the reply back gonna try this out on Zen Micro Hero Build just to see if it will work on a hero build.
By the way i have been reading about this class 6 sdhc card stuff and android running fast with it.Its very true went and bought a 4gb class 6 micro sd tonight and i can tell a big difference in the reading and writing capabilities it has.

Last edited:

sllyname

Aug 16, 2009
Comox
I've got the camera working. It's not perfect but should be usable.

New kernel is on the google-code site here:

http://code.google.com/p/vogue-android/downloads/list?can=2&q=&sort=-uploaded

Is there a source code repository for this kernel? In fact, why is there not a menu-config type system for all of android, kernel, add on apps, just like openwrt. They also can include binary blobs if necessary from a local cache. It would end all the cease and desist problems of the last few weeks.

Thanks for getting the camera working. mark

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
I've put up a new kernel with some changes to power management, it works very well for me but to get good battery life you also need to do the following:

Make sure you are using the correct panel type in defaut.txt (not 0).
Disable sync and background data.
Switch off wifi before putting the device to sleep.

When in power collapse (deep sleep) the right led should flash green and only the power key will wake the device. If this doesn't happen, then something is wrong and you possibly have something installed that is keeping the device awake.

Get the new zImage from the google code site.

I have been using a custom hero build for the last few days and I have been going just about 18 hrs between charges, now mind you I dont use it as a phone much, I use a lot of internet, SMS/MMS and email. I unplugged it from the PC at 4:00pm yesterday and at 8 am this morning I still had 50% left on the battery and I did use the data extensively last evening and this morning. I still have the original battery but I cant say that I ever had the power issues that most of you claim.

Rhys'Droid

Aug 27, 2009
Indianapolis
I have been using a custom hero build for the last few days and I have been going just about 18 hrs between charges, now mind you I dont use it as a phone much, I use a lot of internet, SMS/MMS and email. I unplugged it from the PC at 4:00pm yesterday and at 8 am this morning I still had 50% left on the battery and I did use the data extensively last evening and this morning. I still have the original battery but I cant say that I ever had the power issues that most of you claim.

I'm with garringm, I can generally get ~a day of battery life with modest usage, background data on, push on, etc. I am running a 1.71.xxx radio (latest one, I think...).

edit: Its 1.71.09.01

Dzo- SnapTell is pretty impressive...picked up a random book off my desk, and it found it nearly instantly just from the picture. ShopSavvy interests me because it is purported to cover a wider range of products, but until barcode scanning works, it is fairly useless. Thanks for the heads up on SnapTell though!

-Rhys

Last edited:

s0undw4v3

Jan 14, 2008
Using the Don't Be Evil system file with the 19-09-09 basefiles and the latest zImage - I can't open Contacts / Sync settings. They open up and disappear right away.

Anyone else with this issue?

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
What is the RadioROM you using. Because there are some difference with battery life etc...

I just downloaded and giving the moto blur a trial run today, but it seems to be working out very smooth, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the fxcamera/ymst.apk I cannot find it in the Market it was posted on vogue-hero but has been taken down.

Radio: 1.65.24.36
Rom: Solace 3.1 this is with manilla

Here is my startup.txt that I have been using for a very long time, the only thing I change is the resolution and I wish someone could add that in the builds the same as they did the lcd.density I think it is in the build.prop at least that where I found the lcd.density added.

#alloctest 0x2000
set RAMSIZE 0x07000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1553
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.nostart - Set ppp.nostart=1 to disable starting the ppp connection on boot
# lcd.density - Defaults to 160, 128 shows more on screen
set cmdline "board-htckaiser.panel_type=2 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=1elevator=noop"
boot

I just took my battery off charge for the day I will keep updated as to how it does with the new zImage.

Last edited:

xxbabiboi228xx

Nov 11, 2008
Biloxi Mississippi
I just downloaded and giving the moto blur a trial run today, but it seems to be working out very smooth, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the fxcamera/ymst.apk I cannot find it in the Market it was posted on vogue-hero but has been taken down.

Radio: 1.65.24.36
Rom: Solace 3.1 this is with manilla

Here is my startup.txt that I have been using for a very long time, the only thing I change is the resolution and I wish someone could add that in the builds the same as they did the lcd.density I think it is in the build.prop at least that where I found the lcd.density added.

#alloctest 0x2000
set RAMSIZE 0x07000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1553
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.nostart - Set ppp.nostart=1 to disable starting the ppp connection on boot
# lcd.density - Defaults to 160, 128 shows more on screen
set cmdline "board-htckaiser.panel_type=2 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=320 mddi.height=480 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=1elevator=noop"
boot

I just took my battery off charge for the day I will keep updated as to how it does with the new zImage.

Thats why you have battery drainage issues is your using 3.1 solace i had bad battery drainage issues with that rom as well try using 3.0 solace if you can find it plus using a wimo rom with the 101 ram hack also drains your battery.

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
Pretty sure that he said he WASN'T having battery drain issues...

yeah not having the battery drain issues. I have NEVER had the battery problems that most on here complain about.
I have switched back and forth to solace roms quite a bit, HD was not a very good ROM for me, I tried TPC used it for a while but had to many quirks, I really like the Solace Roms. Besides that the winmo rom version really shouldn't play a huge role in how well Android performs any more as it should be completely shut down when Android boots. The only thing I think you need to make sure is that you have a rom that will let haret boot up android. I used a rom a long time ago and wish that I could get it to work with these new builds, it was completely stripped down the only thing left was the main body of windows no apps no addons nothing.

Rhys'Droid

Aug 27, 2009
Indianapolis
yeah not having the battery drain issues. I have NEVER had the battery problems that most on here complain about.
I have switched back and forth to solace roms quite a bit, HD was not a very good ROM for me, I tried TPC used it for a while but had to many quirks, I really like the Solace Roms. Besides that the winmo rom version really shouldn't play a huge role in how well Android performs any more as it should be completely shut down when Android boots. The only thing I think you need to make sure is that you have a rom that will let haret boot up android. I used a rom a long time ago and wish that I could get it to work with these new builds, it was completely stripped down the only thing left was the main body of windows no apps no addons nothing.

I'm using this 6.5 ROM, its pretty much as bare as you can get. Boots up quickly from cold and boots Android perfectly from Haret..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=556293

totallymunted

Dec 27, 2008
Using the Don't Be Evil system file with the 19-09-09 basefiles and the latest zImage - I can't open Contacts / Sync settings. They open up and disappear right away.

Anyone else with this issue?

I haven't used Android in a while so updated to latest and yes I am having the same issue with contacts not opening. Also when I receive a SMS it crashes the messaging and i cannot open it to read it.

totallymunted

Dec 27, 2008
I am using the "don't be evil" image along with zImage-09-10-09-1. The issue is like the above poster, when I click contacts the screens flicks black and dumps back to main screen, so the contacts never opens although there is no error. The other issue like I mentioned was that I can compose a new SMS, but as soon as someone replies it errors and I cannot open the SMS.

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
I am using the "don't be evil" image along with zImage-09-10-09-1. The issue is like the above poster, when I click contacts the screens flicks black and dumps back to main screen, so the contacts never opens although there is no error. The other issue like I mentioned was that I can compose a new SMS, but as soon as someone replies it errors and I cannot open the SMS.

Same here, the dont-be-evil version, I can assess the background data opetion in the settings menu; most programs crash, can't sync with google, browser works, but slowloy, and can't access contacts and sms has issues. I went back to the last Ion build and works great.

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
sound...

So far the external audio sucks. I am using the audio-fix(no bluetooth) kernel from 9/13 and the sound is a lot better. Hopefully that fix will be in the next kernel? I would love good audio and a working camera

[edit] just noticed there is a new kernel with the audio fix. Going to try and will report.

@ DZO THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:

bpedman

Jan 14, 2008
voice search

Is voice search supposed to work? Whenever I try it, it just hangs. Also, I don't think the speaker phone works, is that supposed to work as well?

thanks...off to try the new camera kernel, woohoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone having problems charging on Kaiser? I'm was using the latest basefiles and system-xrom1.4r3.sqsh so I switched to the Google-Ion-2009-09-12 bundle both from vogue-android on google code with fresh data.img, same problem. Charging will work for the first few hours and then without any changes, it will stop. It will charge for like 30 seconds and stop charging and the battery icon will go back to normal and in "battery status" it shows "not charging". A regular soft reboot will not fix this for some reason. Charges just fine in windows mobile, but to use android I have to reboot and charge in wm6 and when fully charged switch back to android. Anyone experienced this?
    Nice, I got it working on L26 V4 worked 1st time :)

Still a bit buggy of course but getting there

is l26 an lg device?

I will provide a zImage with our latest changes from the linuxtogo git later this day.

I will also upload a console image for testing purpose later (you can read the AT data from the arm9 in it. Just create a device node using mknod dev/smd0 254 2 and use cat /dev/smd0 to read from it. you will see incoming calls, sms etc.)
    This is one of the current mayor problems: We can read from the AT buffer but not write to it which is essential for any phone operations i.e. writing sms, making phone calls but also for using the gps. The gps deveice in kaiser is controlled also with AT send buffer. So once we hve it working we only need the msm_proc_comm work to make calls on the kaiser! If somebody knows what I'm talking about please have a look in arch/arm/mach-msm/smd-kaiser.c

Any hints/improvements appreaciated
    Can't make phone call

Hi every ones!!! :)

Android boot excellent, have internet connection but I can't make calls.

Someone can help me.

Thank you!!!
    I have a question: can I access my phone via USB when my phone is booted into Android and my computer is running Linux? It would makes sense to me, but it doesn't seem to be working.