Android 4.3 T-Mobile in mid November !
After the Galaxy S4 receiving Android 4.3 update in Europe and Asia, many U.S. customers who bought their devices from different carriers started to wonder when will they receive the new update, as most of the time carriers take a lot of time before rolling out a new update. Thanks to geek.com, we now have exact dates on which U.S. network providers will start rolling out Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active. The Android 4.3 update will also add Galaxy Gear support to the device, as well.
According to the leaked Best Buy document, most of the above mentioned devices should be updated to Android 4.3 in the month of November. However, Verizon and Sprint will be updating the Galaxy S4 in the last week of October. T-Mobile will roll out Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Note II in first week of December.
If you own an AT&T Galaxy S4 Active then you might get disappointed to hear that AT&T will be releasing the new update with Galaxy Gear support on December 24, two months from now.
Below is a list of changes and improvements which will be coming with the new Android 4.3 update:-
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Source: Geek.com Via: AndroidCentral