Q: How to watch TV recordings (.WTV)?

Search This thread

acegolfer

Jun 2, 2008
I have Win7 HTPC with lots of TV recordings in WTV format. How can I watch them on Epic over 3g/wifi network?

I know there are options such as

1. orb player
2. slingplayer

They are not optimal and I would like to know any other options. Any ideas?

acegolfer

Jun 2, 2008
I just learned about allshare. Will allshare stream WTV in HTPC to the phone over wifi?

I think it should but I don't have Epic to prove it.

acegolfer

Jun 2, 2008
I just learned about allshare. Will allshare stream WTV in HTPC to the phone over wifi?

I think it should but I don't have Epic to prove it.

Just got my Epic today.

Bad news: Epic can't play WTV files using allshare. It can play avi files.
Good news: Allshare can stream videos from phone to DMA2200. I videoed my kid and played it to the big screen TV wirelessly.

luckyemily

Aug 24, 2011
WTV is only playable on Media Center PC with Windows Media Center installed.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

luckily, one of my friends offered me a Step by Step Guide on How to Convert WTV to Play WTV on Mac, Windows XP/Vista and Portable Devices like iPad, iPhone, PS3, Andriod, etc. at How to Play WTV File on Mac, Windows XP/Vista, iPad, iPhone, PS3

hope it also helps for you

igrowingbaby

Dec 27, 2011
i have to admit converting wtv to a more popular video format like mp4, avi, wmv is a method to play wtv on most media player or portable devices just as the above one mentioned. and this method does work for me

but i am a wtv fan, is there some way to directly play wtv on my new ipad mini?

pwhitetom

Jan 5, 2013
i have to admit converting wtv to a more popular video format like mp4, avi, wmv is a method to play wtv on most media player or portable devices just as the above one mentioned. and this method does work for me

but i am a wtv fan, is there some way to directly play wtv on my new ipad mini?

vlc player can play almost all kinds of video files

vincentkirkwoodnew

Nov 4, 2013
I in order to play wtv on any meida player or portable device, a recommended solution is convert wtv to a more popular video format like convert wtv to avi, wmv, mp4, mov, vob, flv, asf, mpg and etc

Mod edit: no commercial advertising allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobwlove

Nov 6, 2013
Just Google Search:How to Convert WTV to AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPG and MOV?

You can find many ways there.