[Android 4.4] Unofficial CM 11.0 - Updated 3/29/2014

Search This thread

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading

KpH1x.jpg

About
CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Brought to infuse by scott.hart.bti
Special Thanks to Nun (Thanks for teaching me to do things the right way.), Yuma (Thanks for being able to answer every build/git question i have), JT (Thanks for fixing a majority of the issues we had), Araemo (Although you dont have much free time, you have spent alot of it helping out to get this build on track, Thank you for that.), PoX(Thanks for suggestions and feedback and heapsize changes), Entropy for all your contributions that you make everyday, elliot.newnham for making the OP look great! ... the list would go on forever, Everyone else that has contributed... The list would go on for days

Donate to Cyanogenmod
Donate to scott.hart.bti

Instructions

Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)
  • Obtain CWM, this can be done using Jscotts Odin back to stock (Follow instructions and use SGS kernal flasher to obtain CWM)
  • Run Qksters IMEI backup script here
  • Make certain you are on ICS, this can be done by flashing Entropy's CM9
  • It is recommended now that you remove your SD Card
  • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
  • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads sectoion
  • ... The package will start to install..
  • ... Phone will reboot into the install screen again...
  • ... Continue to install [Automatically] If not manually flash again
  • ... Phone will reboot again and be at the recovery screen...
  • Install Gapps: Here - Working swipe!
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot

Coming from JB(4.1) or KitKat(4.4.x)
  • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset Note: You should be fine without this step, but it is HIGHLY recommended as it makes certain all bugs are wiped clean.
  • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads
  • Reboot

Downloads
Make Certain you read this ENTIRE post before Downloading... I know you didn't, so Go back and read it! :good:

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 3/29/2014 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

**May be a bug where you need to set the apn for data to work correctly... go into settings - more under wireless and networks - mobile networks - Access point names - select the APN.**

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 1/4/2014 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 11/13/2013 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

Hints
  • Our webpage: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/
  • If you have lost your IMEI, look here or follow instructions starting with "Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)" (Yes you need to ODIN back to stock)
  • If you are having GPS connection issues place you phone in direct view of sky with maps open, Data ON, GPS ON, and screen timeout to never. Let it obtain a full lock. This will download/update your AGPS data and should improve lock times.
  • If you are having battery issues, please let the phone settle down. This may take a couple days for data to 100% sync and SD cards to be fully searched. Reboots often fix "Android OS" battery issues.
  • If you would like to try out different modems: Flashable Modem Thread for MTD. Thanks to blscallions!!

Trouble
  • If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

Change Log

Unofficial CM-11.0 - 1/4/2014 - Nothing special, just a long overdue source update to get us current with CM sources as of earlier today.
CM11 Changelog

All of the source code for PA/CM builds can be found Here: My Github

Last edited:

pacallen

Jul 8, 2012
Awesome! I received my new N5 on Monday but I wanted to thank you again for all the dedication and hard work that you put into these builds. I've been using your builds almost exclusively since July '12 (back before GPS was even working :)). It really transformed the Infuse and helped me stretch almost three years of life out of it. I'm already missing the multitudes of little tweaks that make CM just that much better than stock...

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Awesome! I received my new N5 on Monday but I wanted to thank you again for all the dedication and hard work that you put into these builds. I've been using your builds almost exclusively since July '12 (back before GPS was even working :)). It really transformed the Infuse and helped me stretch almost three years of life out of it. I'm already missing the multitudes of little tweaks that make CM just that much better than stock...

Oh man your lucky... I want the n5 so freaking bad but unfortunately the funds aren't there. Glad you enjoyed your infuse time :)

BTW... Build won't be perfect nor should you guys expect it to. Kitkat is pretty much a whole new beast and not all the sources I need are available yet. So bottom line... If your expecting a daily driver, don't bother flashing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Sup Scott long time. How ya been man

Still a building machine I see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
can not wait

Oh man your lucky... I want the n5 so freaking bad but unfortunately the funds aren't there. Glad you enjoyed your infuse time :)

BTW... Build won't be perfect nor should you guys expect it to. Kitkat is pretty much a whole new beast and not all the sources I need are available yet. So bottom line... If your expecting a daily driver, don't bother flashing this.

Thanks a ton Scott.

Can not wait....
toooooooooooo Much Thanks....

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading
Thanks a ton Scott.

Can not wait....
toooooooooooo Much Thanks....

Well... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I seem to have hit a snag. Build finished and I believe I modified what is needed for our device, but it hangs at the second screen. The phone itself actual boots and I can hear my PC recognize my sdcard like it does when it finishes booting. I have a feeling this may be due to 1 of 2 things and I'm investigating them now. Will update status shortly.

yogi.306

Mar 16, 2013
Mumbai
www.yogeshdama.com
I know Infuse is capable

Well... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I seem to have hit a snag. Build finished and I believe I modified what is needed for our device, but it hangs at the second screen. The phone itself actual boots and I can hear my PC recognize my sdcard like it does when it finishes booting. I have a feeling this may be due to 1 of 2 things and I'm investigating them now. Will update status shortly.

No worries, :good:
surly at the end you always have good news for infuse holders....
:)

scott.hart.bti

Mar 19, 2012
Reading

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

KpH1x.jpg

About
    CyanogenMod (pronounced sigh-AN-oh-jen-mod), is a customized, aftermarket firmware distribution for several Android devices (See above for supported devices & how to install CyanogenMod on said devices). Based on the Android Open Source Project, CyanogenMod is designed to increase performance and reliability over Android-based ROMs released by vendors and carriers such as Google, T-Mobile, HTC, etc. CyanogenMod also offers a variety of features & enhancements that are not currently found in these versions of Android.

Brought to infuse by scott.hart.bti
    Special Thanks to Nun (Thanks for teaching me to do things the right way.), Yuma (Thanks for being able to answer every build/git question i have), JT (Thanks for fixing a majority of the issues we had), Araemo (Although you dont have much free time, you have spent alot of it helping out to get this build on track, Thank you for that.), PoX(Thanks for suggestions and feedback and heapsize changes), Entropy for all your contributions that you make everyday, elliot.newnham for making the OP look great! ... the list would go on forever, Everyone else that has contributed... The list would go on for days

Donate to Cyanogenmod
    Donate to scott.hart.bti

Instructions

Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)
    • Obtain CWM, this can be done using Jscotts Odin back to stock (Follow instructions and use SGS kernal flasher to obtain CWM)
    • Run Qksters IMEI backup script here
    • Make certain you are on ICS, this can be done by flashing Entropy's CM9
    • It is recommended now that you remove your SD Card
    • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset
    • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads sectoion
    • ... The package will start to install..
    • ... Phone will reboot into the install screen again...
    • ... Continue to install [Automatically] If not manually flash again
    • ... Phone will reboot again and be at the recovery screen...
    • Reboot

Coming from JB(4.1) or KitKat(4.4.x)
    • CWM: Wipe Cache / Factory Reset Note: You should be fine without this step, but it is HIGHLY recommended as it makes certain all bugs are wiped clean.
    • Install ROM: Scroll down for downloads
    • Reboot

Downloads
    Make Certain you read this ENTIRE post before Downloading... I know you didn't, so Go back and read it! :good:

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 3/29/2014 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

**May be a bug where you need to set the apn for data to work correctly... go into settings - more under wireless and networks - mobile networks - Access point names - select the APN.**

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 1/4/2014 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

Unofficial CM11 - 4.4.2 - 11/13/2013 - MTD - Install GAPPs from link above​

Hints
    • Our webpage: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/
    • If you have lost your IMEI, look here or follow instructions starting with "Coming from Froyo(2.2) Gingerbread(2.3) or ICS(4.0)" (Yes you need to ODIN back to stock)
    • If you are having GPS connection issues place you phone in direct view of sky with maps open, Data ON, GPS ON, and screen timeout to never. Let it obtain a full lock. This will download/update your AGPS data and should improve lock times.
    • If you are having battery issues, please let the phone settle down. This may take a couple days for data to 100% sync and SD cards to be fully searched. Reboots often fix "Android OS" battery issues.
    • If you would like to try out different modems: Flashable Modem Thread for MTD. Thanks to blscallions!!

Trouble
    • If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

Change Log

Unofficial CM-11.0 - 1/4/2014 - Nothing special, just a long overdue source update to get us current with CM sources as of earlier today.
    CM11 Changelog

All of the source code for PA/CM builds can be found Here: My Github
    Reserved

Finally got a new update out. Sorry for the long time between builds guys... alot going on. Anyways...

download cm-11-20140104-UNOFFICIAL-infuse4g

Enjoy
    Didn't get a chance to poke around yesterday. I will resume a little later this afternoon. :)

Its kind of funny to think about, but I tried building for my s3 and I can't even get it to complete a full build as of yet (I'm sure I could if I spent the time on it) and our three year old phone is able to fully build. Its close... Real close...

And again