Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unlock the Chinese Huawei Ascend Glory+ [T8950]

Tip us?

sieger007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default found something !!! I hope this is perm and not "leased"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTTiweTTi View Post
good luck!
That's why I stay away from these little brands. It's very difficult to find good information for it.
Quote:
good luck!
That's why I stay away from these little brands. It's very difficult to find good information for it.
ADB driver issue
> adb_usb.ini needed oXXXX as device ID . Where XXXX is the ID that shows up on Device manager. This is detailed here

http://blog.fh-kaernten.at/wehr/?p=1182

after that there will be 2 yellow marks for the rest of the unknowns in device manager. for this you have to modify the .inf file to include the entire h/w ID strings. I guess that makes just about any driver get along with anyone unknown - so here I am not sure if showing them as the such h/w by changing the driver files - gives them the actual intended functionality or all it does it just makes the device manager look clean without yellow marks. Maybe someone could help expand the talk here
[
Code:
Select Code
android_winusb.inf

%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_01

/*ADDED*/
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_02
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_03

So with that - I get 1 ADB interface and 3 devices show up under "com and LPT" - alright that completes the drivers

ROOTING
I found this Chinese rooting program Vroot . I still have'nt figured out what exactly it means but it looks like it DID root that sucker after all. I tested with one app - root checker - got an dialogue in Chinese , asking me whether to give or not and I think I said Y but that app still does not say I have root. Its probably the apps thats at fault because I can get Linked2SD do ALL the stuff it would be doing running as root - .e.g force move programs to SD to free up space etc.

If someone out there can make English out of that and tell me if its mine to keep or leased out ( trial ) - that'd be damn nice !!!

ROMS
- WIP- when I get some more time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dm1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	2144235  
Attached Files
File Type: rar adb_driver_htc.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.08 MB, 107 views)

sieger007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default the chinese rooting program - now hiring English interpreters

the chinese rooting program - now hiring English interpreters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieger007 View Post
ADB driver issue
> adb_usb.ini needed oXXXX as device ID . Where XXXX is the ID that shows up on Device manager. This is detailed here

http://blog.fh-kaernten.at/wehr/?p=1182

after that there will be 2 yellow marks for the rest of the unknowns in device manager. for this you have to modify the .inf file to include the entire h/w ID strings. I guess that makes just about any driver get along with anyone unknown - so here I am not sure if showing them as the such h/w by changing the driver files - gives them the actual intended functionality or all it does it just makes the device manager look clean without yellow marks. Maybe someone could help expand the talk here
[
Code:
Select Code
android_winusb.inf

%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_01

/*ADDED*/
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_02
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_03

So with that - I get 1 ADB interface and 3 devices show up under "com and LPT" - alright that completes the drivers

ROOTING
I found this Chinese rooting program Vroot . I still have'nt figured out what exactly it means but it looks like it DID root that sucker after all. I tested with one app - root checker - got an dialogue in Chinese , asking me whether to give or not and I think I said Y but that app still does not say I have root. Its probably the apps thats at fault because I can get Linked2SD do ALL the stuff it would be doing running as root - .e.g force move programs to SD to free up space etc.

If someone out there can make English out of that and tell me if its mine to keep or leased out ( trial ) - that'd be damn nice !!!

ROMS
- WIP- when I get some more time
Attached Files
File Type: rar VRoot_1.4.3.3359_Setup.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.61 MB, 57 views)

TeTTiweTTi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
the chinese rooting program - now hiring English interpreters
Post some screenshots of the text you want translated and I will ask the help of one of my Chinese colleagues.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

sieger007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Camera some screenshots of the text you want translated

here goes ..thank you . Combined several screens together in '4 lets '

Quote:
Post some screenshots of the text you want translated and I will ask the help of one of my Chinese colleagues.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1375359589587.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2157954   Click image for larger version

Name:	1375359632239.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2157955   Click image for larger version

Name:	1375360998103.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2157956   Click image for larger version

Name:	1375369196166.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	2157957  

pratikmore
Old
Thanks Meter 656

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
here goes ..thank you . Combined several screens together in '4 lets '
ROM Basic Information Huawei T8950 Emotion UI 1.6 official pure version of the card brush pack

Author: Hay.
Size: 398MB
Android Version: 4.1.2
UI type: official factory style
Suitable models: Huawei T8950
Release date: 2013-07-31
MD5 code: F7A21630317EE4239DC145E75FF8A276

ROM presentation
1, based on the official code base package and Qualcomm made ​​to upgrade to 4.1.2
2, emui upgrade to 1.6
3, repair legendary SMS unlit issue
4, full root privileges
5, caused during an upgrade wifi loss problem to fix
6, clean up some pit length useless underlying file
7, adjust the signal and the network connection speed
8 streamlining TTS voice database file
9, usb debugging is enabled by default
10 to adjust the overall Desktop Note: Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 need to upgrade Bottom bag bottom package

download address: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...4&uk=137718883

recover before upgrade to upgrade the official recovery Brush back REC official and third-party tools

brush download address: HTTP :/ / pan.baidu.com / share / link? shareid = 807162397 & uk = 137718883

1.6 EMUI ROM Download: http://t.cn/zQWgp1r

amannn
Old
(Last edited by amannn; 11th October 2013 at 11:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default 3G not accessible

Hi again,

so I've been struggling with another issue.

Somehow my T8950 isn't capable of connecting to the 3G network of my carrier. When I search for networks, only the 2G networks are being found.

Does anybody have a clue why that is and how to solve that problem? My carrier is from Austria and is called "tele.ring" which is operated by T-Mobile.

I'd really appreciate your help, since 2G is reaaally slow for data connections

EDIT: I just tried allowing my phone only to connect to 3G networks by using the Network app from Philipp Mangelow (which shows the same menu as if you dial *#*#4636#*#* as i just found out). This results into no 3G networks being found at all.. I thought maybe the problem occurs because I'm always connected in roaming mode. As I bought the phone in China, it seems to believe that i need to be in roaming mode to connect to my local carrier. However, I have a local SIM-card, so this is somewhat weird..

EDIT 2: So after some googling I've found out that China has the TD-SCDMA radio interface for 3G (at least China Mobile, and that's from where I've bought the phone), but in europe it's W-CDMA.. Remains the question how to change that (if possible at all)..

EDIT 3: So I've wrote an email to Huawei about the issue, and that's the reply:

Sorry that T8950 doesn’t support the W-CDMA mode.
Below please kindly check the frequence band of T8950 for your reference.
• GSM/EDGE:900/1800/1900MHz
• TD-SCDMA:A frequency(2010-2025MHz)/F frequency(1880-1920MHz)

So that means that there is nothing i can do about it?

Thanks and all the best,
amannn

TeTTiweTTi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amannn View Post
Hi again,

so I've been struggling with another issue.

Somehow my T8950 isn't capable of connecting to the 3G network of my carrier. When I search for networks, only the 2G networks are being found.

Does anybody have a clue why that is and how to solve that problem? My carrier is from Austria and is called "tele.ring" which is operated by T-Mobile.

I'd really appreciate your help, since 2G is reaaally slow for data connections

EDIT: I just tried allowing my phone only to connect to 3G networks by using the Network app from Philipp Mangelow (which shows the same menu as if you dial *#*#4636#*#* as i just found out). This results into no 3G networks being found at all.. I thought maybe the problem occurs because I'm always connected in roaming mode. As I bought the phone in China, it seems to believe that i need to be in roaming mode to connect to my local carrier. However, I have a local SIM-card, so this is somewhat weird..

EDIT 2: So after some googling I've found out that China has the TD-SCDMA radio interface for 3G (at least China Mobile, and that's from where I've bought the phone), but in europe it's W-CDMA.. Remains the question how to change that (if possible at all)..

EDIT 3: So I've wrote an email to Huawei about the issue, and that's the reply:

Sorry that T8950 doesn’t support the W-CDMA mode.
Below please kindly check the frequence band of T8950 for your reference.
• GSM/EDGE:900/1800/1900MHz
• TD-SCDMA:A frequency(2010-2025MHz)/F frequency(1880-1920MHz)

So that means that there is nothing i can do about it?

Thanks and all the best,
amannn
No, unfortunatly not. this is not a software setting, but a different hardware chip. my t8950 also does not support 3G in Belgium

amannn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No, unfortunatly not. this is not a software setting, but a different hardware chip. my t8950 also does not support 3G in Belgium
Mmmmh, ok – that's what i thought too.

Thank you very much anyway for your response TeTTiweTTi!