Sprint G2 Wifi tether mod?

Search This thread

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
I made this thread over the weekend and got zero replies. I got it to not notify me about not being subscribed, but never could make my laptop connect. Its doing some sort of web verification I think.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

bearsblack

Feb 12, 2011
Yes please anyone? Also I wish there was list of Roms and Mods in a single location for our Sprint version. I'm having difficulties finding anything.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Check the g2 forum again. If you're using the app trying unsubscribing then check again. I had to force stop and cleared cache too because I didn't see it at first either.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
I need this as well. Hiding the soft keys and wifi tether are the main reasons I rooted.

Reactions: M2Iceman

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
I got wireless tether w/Treve mod to run without the provisioning message....i just can't get it to show an SSID to clients. It's apparently pretty common with this app, still playing with it.

Reactions: o0adam0o

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I got wireless tether w/Treve mod to run without the provisioning message....i just can't get it to show an SSID to clients. It's apparently pretty common with this app, still playing with it.

I am not sure if the TreveMod is going to help. I have encountered your situation before where when you activate the wifi tether, everything looks good and dandy but the thing is it never broadcasts the SSID. I guess continue tweaking all the settings and let us know if you can get it working.

esoh

Jul 25, 2011
I am not sure if the TreveMod is going to help. I have encountered your situation before where when you activate the wifi tether, everything looks good and dandy but the thing is it never broadcasts the SSID. I guess continue tweaking all the settings and let us know if you can get it working.

I have used these instructions successfully on another phone and tab. Not saying that it will work here, but it's worth a shot. Please post results and I'm about to get this phone in the next week.

Thanks.

http://highonandroid.com/android-ap...android-smartphone-or-tablet-universal-guide/

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I have used these instructions successfully on another phone and tab. Not saying that it will work here, but it's worth a shot. Please post results and I'm about to get this phone in the next week.

Thanks.

http://highonandroid.com/android-ap...android-smartphone-or-tablet-universal-guide/

The wifi treve-mod is what bimmerdood has been testing with. This treve-mod doesn't seem to work on 2013 smartphones. It may appear that the mod works because it will attempt to start a wifi tether session on your phone but it doesn't broadcast the SSID of your phone to say your laptop or tablet to connect to.

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008

Yeah, i found lots of instances in my searches where the SSID wouldn't broadcast. We press on!

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
OK, using the Wifi Tether - TrevE Mod - Auto model....

Everything seems to work except setting ad-hoc mode. Data is working but wifi not visible.
Let me play around with it a little more.

I know it's been said already but it seems something - whether in wpa_supplicant or F/W - is blocking ad-hoc mode.
I'm going to keep poking around in the time I have left today.

Last edited:

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Well, not sure if this is progress.
Device-Profile: Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
Setup-Method: Netd

Starts with no errors but can't see it. Can't see a signal either in Wifi Analyzer.

Reactions: micmars

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
Can someone point me to this TrevE-Mod everyone is talking about? Id like to download it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Morning. Rooted now so figure it's time to get on this.
    As it seems others have done I want to try the wifi tether that I have on the N2 and see what happens.
    I'll post updates as I get moving on this.
    Help with hotspot development

I have contacted a couple of devs to see if we can get some help on this, since sprint likes to hide our hotspot services very well in the system files. If you all have any information concerning this or to help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully the devs I contacted will be able to figure this out. Garwynn I know you are one of the people trying to figure this out, but I have asked Josh Beach and another dev that have created native hotspot mods for sprint phones. Hope this gets figured out soon!
    I'll be back on this when I get back Dec 2nd. Didn't forget...

Your're my only hope for a custom rom, the development for the sprint variant is really lacking

Shellnutt has a test CM I hear... want to get that moving forward. I'll. Work on AOKP in December.

OK, using the Wifi Tether - TrevE Mod - Auto model....

Everything seems to work except setting ad-hoc mode. Data is working but wifi not visible.
    Let me play around with it a little more.

I know it's been said already but it seems something - whether in wpa_supplicant or F/W - is blocking ad-hoc mode.
    I'm going to keep poking around in the time I have left today.