Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Widgets for Androkkid

Tip us?

goraps
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Another preview.
Maybe ready in a few days. Just got to work on the update process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_5.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	236677  

FidoFuz
Old
(Last edited by FidoFuz; 13th October 2009 at 11:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Good job on the widgets!

Having problems finding information on how the widget interfaces with Androkkid and need some example code. A simple "Hello World" widget would be useful and would provide a springboard for creation of new widgets.

Failing that some source code of any developed widget to date.

Edit: Scratch that, just noticed some widget source code on the main site

buffystar
Old
(Last edited by buffystar; 14th October 2009 at 11:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Looking for the Weather code for London England and Bedford England which site are they on as I put in the Weather.com code for it and it crashed Androkkid

edit is it UKXX0014 for bedford and UKXX0085 for London ??
Personal HTC HD2(Vodafone)
Rom WWE 1.66.405.2(76641) WWE
Radio 2.06.51.07

Work HTC TYTN II(Vodafone Business)
Rom 1.56.4505.5 WWE (bastards wont let me upgrade)
Radio 1.27.12.32

ajige
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffystar View Post
Looking for the Weather code for London England and Bedford England which site are they on as I put in the Weather.com code for it and it crashed Androkkid

edit is it UKXX0014 for bedford and UKXX0085 for London ??
I'll try to have a new version of the weather widget with the source code later today, and I'll have some more error testing to try and prevent crashes.
It is important though to be connected to the internet when installing the weather widget or changing the location.

In order to test the weather codes, you can put the following in your browser's adress bar:
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085
and it should give you the same weather forecast I'm using in the widget
Devices: Nexus 7, MyTouch 4G, G1, T-Mobile Wing

http://sites.google.com/site/ajiget/news

My old Windows Mobile projects:
hgTdlToDoList, some Androkkid Widgets, HomeScreen++ Configuration Application, hgToday & hgAgenda,
One of the programmers for iAgenda

ajige
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default hgWeather updated with source.

The weather is updated from the Yahoo RSS weather feed.
It will show the current and next day's forecast. You can add several widgets to use for several cities.

Installing:
It is important though to be connected to the internet when installing the weather widget or changing the location.
Unzip the files to the Widget directory and Androkkid will automatically detect the widget. Then holding on the desktop, click add, then widget, then select it, and ok and they should show up on the desktop.

In order to test the weather codes, you can put the following in your browser's adress bar (exchange UKXX0085 for your city code):
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085
and it should give you the same weather forecast I'm using in the widget

Skinning:
Bacground (bg.bmp) can be changed as long as the size is the same.
Or the background can be transparent.
Font color and size can be changed.
Weather icons can be changed as long as the naming convention is the same. The included icons comes from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54111&page=180, post 1798
Additionally icons can be found here: http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpan.../Weather_Icons

Clicking in the upper half will take you to the settings.
Clicking in the lower half will update the weather.

Most of the weather code comes from: http://www.cjcraft.com/blog/2008/06/...leWeather.aspx

Source:
It would be great if other people could improve on this widget.
I used the free developer tool Sharp Develop to compile the widget.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	display_2.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	237307  
Attached Files
File Type: zip hgWeather.zip - [Click for QR Code] (395.0 KB, 505 views)
File Type: zip hgWeatherSource.zip - [Click for QR Code] (841.4 KB, 235 views)

hgTdlToDoList, some Androkkid Widgets, HomeScreen++ Configuration Application, hgToday & hgAgenda,

alecoddlyiv
Old
(Last edited by alecoddlyiv; 15th October 2009 at 02:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Just tried with weather code UKXX1730 it has updated and allows me to add to the page but i am only seeing the bottom half of the image you have provided plus if i change the temp to c instead of f it still shows farenheit temperature.

im not sure how others feel but ideally i would like to add a weather widget to my homescreen along with the clock and a row of priority icons or have a small icon sized image which when clicked on brings up full details

ajige
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecoddlyiv View Post
Just tried with weather code UKXX1730 it has updated and allows me to add to the page but i am only seeing the bottom half of the image you have provided plus if i change the temp to c instead of f it still shows farenheit temperature.
Are you using the version posted yesterday? Because with the latest version, when I change from f to c or opposite, it changes temperature. But you need to be connected to the internet when changing from temperature unit.
When you say only the bottom shows, what parts are showing? City? Current weather? Next day's forecast?
Sometimes you have to click several times before it properly updates from the internet.

Quote:
im not sure how others feel but ideally i would like to add a weather widget to my homescreen along with the clock and a row of priority icons or have a small icon sized image which when clicked on brings up full details
Yes, that has been my goal too, but I'm having some problems with the forecast rss, so I'm giving it a rest for now. But the code is there so maybe someone else wants to give it a try? I would also like to have better support for different cities.

Otherwise, you could use the transparent version, set the color of the code to the same as the background, and then you would only see the icons.

ssj5trunks
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If i have time i create the top bar widget to add TopBar in Android with widget and not in Androkkid directly.
Or if anyone want create it i think this is a good widget for all.

Bye

P.S.
I look for the problem of Menu for contact.
I test it in my diamond and when i try it work, i retest it.

SimoSoft Projects ------------- The Dog Corner
I'm the author of: Androkkid - Where is... - iFonz - iFonz 2 - Matrix Code and others (Check my site for update)
Help me in Development, Make a Donations!!! (Italian) (English)

propagandax
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj5trunks View Post
If i have time i create the top bar widget to add TopBar in Android with widget and not in Androkkid directly.
Or if anyone want create it i think this is a good widget for all.

Bye

P.S.
I look for the problem of Menu for contact.
I test it in my diamond and when i try it work, i retest it.
Yes please do this would be cool!!!

goraps
Old
(Last edited by goraps; 16th October 2009 at 05:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 40
OK. So I have finished the initial release of GORAPSWeather Widget for Androkkid. This is my first Androkkid Widget so please bare with me.

First all the credit to ssj5trunks for such a great app and the source code to the Hero Clock widget which I used as the code base for this widget.

Second thanks to Showaco for his Titanium Weather which I used as the weather base for this widget.

Note: This widget requires Mortscript.

Installation and Setup Instructions
1) Downlad and unpack GORAPSWeather.zip
2) Open GorapsWeather.mscr with a text editor and make the appropriate changes to the two variables: location and units.
- Change location to the accuweather.com location code for your location.
If you need to find your code go to www.accuweather.com/m and search for your city. Then you will see the location code in the URL. It will look something like NAM|CA|ON|MARKHAM.
- Change units to C or F.
3) Save your edited script.
4) Copy the GORAPSWeather folder to the Androkkid widgets folder on your phone.
5) Execute the click on the GorapsWeather.mscr in a file explorer to initialize the values. If you don't do this and add the widget it will crash Androkkid.
6) Add the widget to your Androkkid desktop. Clicking on the widget will update the weather data.

I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_6.jpg
Views:	1951
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	237611  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GORAPSWeather.zip - [Click for QR Code] (405.6 KB, 3477 views)

Tags
androkkid, widgets