Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root ZTE Valet Z665c

OP poemathesonking

27th October 2013, 10:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Does anyone have any information on how to root this phone?

It is a tracfone running Android 4.1 with 1ghz qualcomm cpu.

Thanks.
5th November 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I'm also looking for someone who might have some pointers on how to root this phone or install KitKat apps from Nexus 5 dump!!!

I know it is a low end phone but there are lots of people in the Tracfone world who are now able to get Android phones and are NEW to the smartphone universe.

Thanks.
13th November 2013, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

434 posts
More
I'm thinking of buying this phone. As a low end Android, how does it hold up? And if you want to root it, try Bin4ry's root method here. Just be careful.
17th November 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Tried Bin4ry on ZTE Valet but it failed to root
I've had the phone a couple of days so far and while I'm by no means a qualified reviewer of smartphones, I do like the ZTE Valet. I'm too cheap to pay the $70-100 USD/month for a post-paid service that I don't need.

After searching the forums and seeing that no one reported trying to root the phone, I took a brave pill and tried the Bin4ry method (v31). I got the same message that many users reported - after rebooting, it fails to mount and copy the necessary files. Both the new standard method and the old method failed. It did no apparent harm to the phone - just didn't work. Here's some details on the phone I have:

Android version 4.1.1
Kernel 3.4.0-perf zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Thanks for any ideas or advice.
19th November 2013, 09:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

108 posts
I just picked one up at Kmart for $80 today and am checking things out, trying to see about rooting it. My Hisense Sero 7 Pro tab is rooted and running great with a DoPa custom ROM.
Last edited by gberpa; 19th November 2013 at 09:31 PM.
20th November 2013, 03:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
I also purchased one of these and am happy so far. I have a question on the magnetic and rotation sensor. They seem to show up as installed as ak8962 devices but apps like 'my android sensors' don't show any data being returned. are they just not actually installed?

thanks
sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberpa

I just picked one up at Kmart for $80 today and am checking things out, trying to see about rooting it. My Hisense Sero 7 Pro tab is rooted and running great with a DoPa custom ROM.

20th November 2013, 05:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcoinc

I also purchased one of these and am happy so far. I have a question on the magnetic and rotation sensor. They seem to show up as installed as ak8962 devices but apps like 'my android sensors' don't show any data being returned. are they just not actually installed?

thanks
sam

The rotation of the device changes the screen from portrait to landscape and 'maps', 'Gas Buddy' seems to show the right direction for magnetic north. I haven't had much time to check yet. AAMF, I haven't activated or transferred my number to the 'phone' yet as am deciding if is a 'keeper'. So far, I think it is as I can use WiFi and 'turn off' mobile data by option. Now checking things like battery life in standby.. Haven't found an option to shut WiFi when screen is off like in my JB 4.2.1 and HC 3.1 devices. Only seem to be able to turn WiFi on or off or see an option for airplane mode.
Last edited by gberpa; 20th November 2013 at 05:35 PM.
20th November 2013, 07:37 PM   |  #8  

38 posts
I agree - the screen rotates (how - I don't know ) I would assume gas buddy is using GPS to find north.

sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberpa

The rotation of the device changes the screen from portrait to landscape and 'maps', 'Gas Buddy' seems to show the right direction for magnetic north. I haven't had much time to check yet. AAMF, I haven't activated or transferred my number to the 'phone' yet as am deciding if is a 'keeper'. So far, I think it is as I can use WiFi and 'turn off' mobile data by option. Now checking things like battery life in standby.. Haven't found an option to shut WiFi when screen is off like in my JB 4.2.1 and HC 3.1 devices. Only seem to be able to turn WiFi on or off or see an option for airplane mode.

10th December 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4

9 posts
More
Any update on this?
10th December 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #10  

38 posts
It isn't looking good so far..

http://androidforums.com/zte-valet/7...method-if.html

They have tried a bunch of stuff so far.

sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkn0wn0ne

Any update on this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread