9th November 2013, 10:58 PM   |  #211  
Flag Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 16

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauvenal7

Huh, weird oO
I changed ROM for a day, and went back (via nandroid) to try the adb logcat, but it seems as it fixed itself
Could sign in without any problem or reboot
No plan what was at the first time (tried it 3 times, always a reboot, and now nothing )
Ok, thanks for the help anyway

Greets Vauvenal7

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

I call it the mechanic effect. Nothing like threatening something with a mechanic to get it to start working on it's own...
The Following User Says Thank You to acwest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2013, 02:39 AM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 61

1,402 posts
More
Well, now the mobile internet seems to have a bug oO
Cant connect to the internet (reboot didnt fix it though :/ )
What to do now? :S

Greets Vauvenal7

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
10th November 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #213  
Flag Toronto, Ontario

97 posts
More
I frequently get this problem, but here it seems to be caused by having a second APN for MMS. If you only have one APN, its not the same problem. If you do have an MMS APN, try disabling it

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to acwest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #214  
Thanks Meter: 9

104 posts
Question any special directions for flashing
Forgive my ignorance and frustration here, but ive been trying to get this rom installed. I first started out flashing DS JB 1.7 last night - i was running mikrom 0.7(GB) - wiped the while device, stats, cache, factory reset, then flashed DS 1.7 - but the device seems to be stuck hanging at the factory boot up page for hours -you know with the white background with "T-Mobile MyTouch 4G slide" .

I recall hearing issues of people trying to flash 1.7 directly and not doing an upgrade from some previous version of JellyBean DS... but was hoping for some guidance...

it seems im having the same issue as :

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovativedishcloth

For some reason I cannot flash any version of this ROM higher than 1.4
I originally flashed 1.3, and dirty flashed to 1.4 with no problems, everything I use works great.
However, when I flash 1.5 or 1.7, I get an infinite boot loop. Sometimes it makes it to the spinning CM logo for a second, but not usually.
I tried both dirty flashing and clean flashing 1.5 and 1.7 all with the same result.
I see some people talking about the kernel.
According to "about phone" I have 3.0.94-WildKernel-reloaded....
Also, I am Revolution unlocked, S-Off, and the 1.44 Hboot.
Am I missing something? I would love to use the new versions.
Thanks.

However - I also tried rewiping and flashing 1.4 and 1.3 - which give me the same problem. Frustrated i wiped it all again flashed the wildkernel 8, and tried then flashing the same 1.7, 1.4 and 1.3 with a full wipe inbetween, granted im still running GB and its been a long time since ive flashed a rom, but something is amiss and i can really use some help. I dont even get to the CM spinning logo..

my scenario (PREVIOUS to FLASHING the DS JB 1.X and WildKernel 8):
Miktouch 0.7 (gingerbread)
doubleshot PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
Hboot-1.45.0013
radio-11.16.3504.20_2
eMMC-boot
nov 21, 2011
CM recovery 5.0.2.7

as i said i tried flashing a few (with full wipes in between) of the DS JB rom without success...

As i was running GB near stock, I have not experimented with any alternate kernel, so thought that perhaps it was needed, so i:.

a) flashed new kernel (wildkernel 8)
b) flashed jellybeanDS 1.4 (on top)
c) rebooted & noticed it was stuck at white "tmobile my touch slide " screen.... so regardless i pulled battery and
c) dirty flashed jellybeanDS 1.7 on top thinking it might fix the issue but no go

it seems like i always get stuck at white screen boot screen that has the fancy "T-Mobile MyTouch 4G slide" text on it no matter what i try.

Given that my device is pretty much wiped, is there a log file somewhere i might be able to post to help solve this issue?
Last edited by steve_77; 14th November 2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: frustrated :(
The Following User Says Thank You to steve_77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2013, 09:23 AM   |  #215  
Flag Toronto, Ontario

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_77

However - I also tried rewiping and flashing 1.4 and 1.3 - which give me the same problem. Frustrated i wiped it all again flashed the wildkernel 8, and tried then flashing the same 1.7, 1.4 and 1.3 with a full wipe inbetween, granted im still running GB and its been a long time since ive flashed a rom, but something is amiss and i can really use some help. I dont even get to the CM spinning logo..

To eliminate the kernel issue some of us have been having, I recommend starting with version 1.4 of this ROM. Before flashing, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format system, then flash the 1.4 ROM. Does it do anything at this point?

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

I thought I would post an update here... With some help from Emmanuel, I have now successfully built the kernel from version 1.4 of this ROM and am running it on my phone, over the 1.6 ROM. 1.4 seems to be the latest released kernel that works on my device. I was not able to put WildKernel007 over the 1.7 ROM, I suspect it needs a newer version, although I haven't actually tried with the 1,4 Kernel, which is slightly newer than 007. The next step is to go through each checking on the tree until I find when the kernel causes my device to hang/reboot. Hopefully I will have the bug tracked down by the weekend, so I can get caught up to the latest version of the ROM and Kernel
14th November 2013, 10:03 AM   |  #216  

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwest

To eliminate the kernel issue some of us have been having, I recommend starting with version 1.4 of this ROM. Before flashing, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format system, then flash the 1.4 ROM. Does it do anything at this point?

I have had no luck with kernels included in the DS JB 1.3 rom. the 1.4 rom and the 1.7 rom.
I also tried the JellyKang 2.1 and 2.0 all of which get me stuck in a bootloop.

I then tried the WildKernel with 1.4 JB DS as well as 1.7 wirh same result- i went back to miktouch 0.7 (GB) without issue

I do full wipe between installation attempts (cache, data, system, sdext, dalvik)

Recalling how some roms i the past didnt work right if you did not have the right recovery i updated my recovery to CM 6.0.3.3 - and tried again to no avail. I surely though the 1.4 rom would work as is but it was just nt meant to be at least on my device.

I then came across another thread on others being stuck in bootloop and im sure I am having the same issue

Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

I thought I would post an update here...

Any resolution to this issue would be great, im so jealous of those that got this rom working on their devices and here I am... stuck with GB 2.3.4
14th November 2013, 02:06 PM   |  #217  
Flag Toronto, Ontario

97 posts
More
Quote:

I have had no luck with kernels included in the DS JB 1.3 rom. the 1.4 rom and the 1.7 rom.
I also tried the JellyKang 2.1 and 2.0 all of which get me stuck in a bootloop.

I then tried the WildKernel with 1.4 JB DS as well as 1.7 wirh same result- i went back to miktouch 0.7 (GB) without issue

I do full wipe between installation attempts (cache, data, system, sdext, dalvik)

Recalling how some roms i the past didnt work right if you did not have the right recovery i updated my recovery to CM 6.0.3.3 - and tried again to no avail. I surely though the 1.4 rom would work as is but it was just nt meant to be at least on my device.

I then came across another thread on others being stuck in bootloop and im sure I am having the same issue

Any resolution to this issue would be great, im so jealous of those that got this rom working on their devices and here I am... stuck with GB 2.3.4

If you can get it to go to recovery while it is boot-looping, you might be able to get the last_kmsg file.. If: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmesg
returns anything, it would be very helpful in figuring out why it is dying.
15th November 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #218  

104 posts
Quote:

If you can get it to go to recovery while it is boot-looping, you might be able to get the last_kmsg file.. If: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmesg
returns anything, it would be very helpful in figuring out why it is dying.

Thanks for the tip, after some extensive experiments im going to have to apologize to you all as the issue is not related to this ROM. I cant seem to flash any 4.2 or 4.3 ROM. really dont know whats wrong and want to keep this thread clean. moving this issue to the previously mentioned bootloop problem thread.
thanks again.
Last edited by steve_77; 15th November 2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Update
16th November 2013, 08:25 AM   |  #219  
Flag Toronto, Ontario

97 posts
More
Kernel problems fixed, but phone app still crashes
I posted an update to the WildKernel Reloaded thread, I have successfully gotten the kernel to work on my device. It turns out that after 1.4 some higher CPU frequency settings were baked into the kernel config file, and my phone (and a few others) apparently can't take that.
I tried updating to 1.7 with the new build of the kernel, but I still get the same problem I did before of the Phone App crashing repeatedly. I suppose my next project will be debugging that, but for now I am using 1.6 with the 1.7 kernel (and lower speed).
Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Emmanuel, who both put together the kernel in the first place, and got me a build of the tool chain so I could find the problem
-Craig
16th November 2013, 09:50 AM   |  #220  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,439

3,912 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the tip, after some extensive experiments im going to have to apologize to you all as the issue is not related to this ROM. I cant seem to flash any 4.2 or 4.3 ROM. really dont know whats wrong and want to keep this thread clean. moving this issue to the previously mentioned bootloop problem thread.
thanks again.

Are you s-off? You need to flash the kernel boot.IMG from fastboot if you are s-on unlocked only. To flash it from recovery you must be s-off

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread