[APP][4.0+] Condi (previously Mini Tasker)

OP phntm

10th November 2013, 07:35 PM   |  #41  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolis

Is the app Android 4.4 KitKat compatible? Seems to work fine for some tasks, but not others. For example, I have a task to turn on wifi when I get home - works fine. Then when my phone is connected to home wifi, there's another task to turn off GPS, set brightness to 0% and turn off mobile data. It does trigger and I can see both brigtness and GPS getting modified for a split second, but then it turns back on. There are no conflicting tasks as no other task touches those settings. I even tried disabling all tasks but that last one - same result.

gps requires root in the current version, hopefully soon it won't once i manage to make an admin service, but for now you can only turn it off using root.
what's happening is: brightness turns down, then the gps fails, and the task turns itself off, which restores the brightness.
The Following User Says Thank You to phntm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 13

795 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phntm

gps requires root in the current version, hopefully soon it won't once i manage to make an admin service, but for now you can only turn it off using root.
what's happening is: brightness turns down, then the gps fails, and the task turns itself off, which restores the brightness.

That would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but my Nexus 5 is rooted and Condi has permissions for root access :-/

Is there a log I can provide to help solve this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Karolis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th November 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:

That would be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but my Nexus 5 is rooted and Condi has permissions for root access :-/

Is there a log I can provide to help solve this?

Sure,
First, can you make sure in the root app manager that condi is indeed allowed, and if it has a log - that root was granted around the time it failed.
If that's not the case - any app that exports logcat would be nice - filtered on the keyword minitasker.
You can email them if you prefer not to put it here; contact@kix.co.il
10th November 2013, 10:05 PM   |  #44  

795 posts
Quote:

Sure,
First, can you make sure in the root app manager that condi is indeed allowed, and if it has a log - that root was granted around the time it failed.
If that's not the case - any app that exports logcat would be nice - filtered on the keyword minitasker.
You can email them if you prefer not to put it here; contact@kix.co.il

In the process of producing a log, I've figured out the problem myself. Turns out it was caused by the fact that I have two wireless routers with the same name and they are overlapping. So I can't use SSID or BSSID because as I move around the house, Condi goes nuts.

The only solution is to set a permanent IP for my phone on the router and use that as a condition. It works fine for home, but won't work in the office since we also have a roaming setup there and I have no control over what IP I'll get

Any creative ideas to work around this problem?
10th November 2013, 10:12 PM   |  #45  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:

In the process of producing a log, I've figured out the problem myself. Turns out it was caused by the fact that I have two wireless routers with the same name and they are overlapping. So I can't use SSID or BSSID because as I move around the house, Condi goes nuts.

The only solution is to set a permanent IP for my phone on the router and use that as a condition. It works fine for home, but won't work in the office since we also have a roaming setup there and I have no control over what IP I'll get

Any creative ideas to work around this problem?

ssid should be the same around the house, so that should probably be a good idea.
alternatively location might be a good idea, since it mainly uses wifi to approximate anyway.

next version will address some of the issues that might be causing it to go haywire.
there's going to be a new action queue implementation, and you'll be able to edit "end-actions".
10th November 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #46  

795 posts
Quote:

ssid should be the same around the house, so that should probably be a good idea.
alternatively location might be a good idea, since it mainly uses wifi to approximate anyway.

next version will address some of the issues that might be causing it to go haywire.
there's going to be a new action queue implementation, and you'll be able to edit "end-actions".

I was setting it up based on SSID initially. This is when I noticed the problem. Looks like Android (KitKat anyway) has some funny way of handling wifi roaming.

I'll try using location in conjunction with wifi status, as I do not want to disable GPS/mobile data before I get a chance to get off my bicycle and turn Strava off

Thanks for all your patience and help.
10th November 2013, 10:23 PM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:

I was setting it up based on SSID initially. This is when I noticed the problem. Looks like Android (KitKat anyway) has some funny way of handling wifi roaming.

I'll try using location in conjunction with wifi status, as I do not want to disable GPS/mobile data before I get a chance to get off my bicycle and turn Strava off

Thanks for all your patience and help.

If you use wifi with another condition, it might still go haywire, since the end task is ran when one of them is not true.

I'll do more testing when my nexus 7 will get kitkat. Maybe I'll just add a delay for the end action like in activity recognition.
10th November 2013, 10:28 PM   |  #48  

795 posts
Quote:

If you use wifi with another condition, it might still go haywire, since the end task is ran when one of them is not true.

I'll do more testing when my nexus 7 will get kitkat. Maybe I'll just add a delay for the end action like in activity recognition.

I should have expanded a little more. Here's what seems to work: recognize wifi by 192.168.0.* + location (i.e. home) so that it doesn't trigger if I connect to some network outside home that also happens to have IPs like 192.168.0.4. That way I don't have to know what exact IP I'll be getting, as long as it's within a specific range and location.
12th November 2013, 02:48 PM   |  #49  
Flag Neaples
Thanks Meter: 325

590 posts
Donate to Me
More
very simple and usefull app
i'm using from firs release; now i'm testing on KK on n5.

Any chance to add network mode switch? (2g/3g/2g and 3g)

thanks for your work
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpiggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2013, 11:39 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 45

189 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreycat

Hello phntm,

Can you please add your app to the FOSS Android Market F-Droid? The FOSS community is in need of an app like yours (the current alternative, Omnidroid, has not been updated in over 2 years and is pretty much abandonware). I do not have access to Google Play or the Amazon Marketplace so this would be a great boon!

Thanks for your consideration and have a wonderful day!

Do you have a timeline for when you plan on releasing the source code? Sorry to keep nagging.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, apps, automation, free, tasker
Previous Thread Next Thread