[DEV] CM11 Work-In-Progress

OP dalingrin

3rd November 2013, 09:08 PM   |  #3521  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,762

1,728 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeper-blue

And without all of you I wouldn't had been able to get this bastard Honeycomb SDK port running at all. Fun times

I was gonna say earlier... I'm pretty sure the Nook Color has run all the releases since 2.1 *including Honeycomb* thanks to deeper-blue!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2013, 06:00 AM   |  #3522  
Flag Garland, Texas
Thanks Meter: 30

148 posts
More
I'm amazed the encore dev team has been so active for so long. I can't believe its running 10.2/4.3. Which brings me to my problem.
I had a build environment that was working as of 10.1 but vbox broke when I upgraded to 13.10 and so I'm creating a new environment from scratch.
I followed the instructions at: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/index.ph...ild_for_encore
but the 'breakfast encore' command is not adding the vendor/bn directory. It does create the device/bn directory and it adds two lines to roomservice.
Are the lines it put in roomservice wrong? Is there a better guide?
I'm able to build for my Galaxy S4 without any problems.
8th November 2013, 06:04 AM   |  #3523  
Recognized Developer

1,728 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmcghee

I'm amazed the encore dev team has been so active for so long. I can't believe its running 10.2/4.3. Which brings me to my problem.
I had a build environment that was working as of 10.1 but vbox broke when I upgraded to 13.10 and so I'm creating a new environment from scratch.
I followed the instructions at: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/index.ph...ild_for_encore
but the 'breakfast encore' command is not adding the vendor/bn directory. It does create the device/bn directory and it adds two lines to roomservice.
Are the lines it put in roomservice wrong? Is there a better guide?
I'm able to build for my Galaxy S4 without any problems.

What are the two lines it added?
The Following User Says Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #3524  
Flag Garland, Texas

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

What are the two lines it added?

Oops,
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_bn_encore" path="device/bn/encore" remote="github" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_encore" path="kernel/bn/encore" remote="github" revision="encore-omap3-3" />

Should have posted them the first time.
Thanks

Gosh, that was fast!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmcghee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #3525  
Thanks Meter: 618

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmcghee

Oops,
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_bn_encore" path="device/bn/encore" remote="github" />
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_encore" path="kernel/bn/encore" remote="github" revision="encore-omap3-3" />

Should have posted them the first time.
Thanks

Gosh, that was fast!!!

You need the proprietary files (props).
This error is sort of my fault. We had a broken build because of a broken link to the proprietary files. I fixed it so that it doesn't build if there are no props but it also causes difficulties when setting up a new build environment. I don't know of a good solution for this. I guess we could edit the build it yourself wiki page. Other devices just continue to make broken builds even if the props are missing.
You need the vendor/bn/encore proprietary files directory. You can generate it by running extract-files.sh from the device/bn/encore directory. This require you have an NC with cm on it plugged in via usb. Or, you can run unzip-files.sh and point it to a current cm zip file. Alternatively, you can find a repo with proprietary_vendor_bn/tree/cm-10.2 on github. I'm not sure if I should post the name of the secret (public) github repo that has all the cm props on it. Think Elmo and Oscar the Grouch.
Good luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drmarble For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #3526  
Flag Garland, Texas

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarble

You need the proprietary files (props).
This error is sort of my fault. We had a broken build because of a broken link to the proprietary files. I fixed it so that it doesn't build if there are no props but it also causes difficulties when setting up a new build environment. I don't know of a good solution for this. I guess we could edit the build it yourself wiki page. Other devices just continue to make broken builds even if the props are missing.
You need the vendor/bn/encore proprietary files directory. You can generate it by running extract-files.sh from the device/bn/encore directory. This require you have an NC with cm on it plugged in via usb. Or, you can run unzip-files.sh and point it to a current cm zip file. Alternatively, you can find a repo with proprietary_vendor_bn/tree/cm-10.2 on github. I'm not sure if I should post the name of the secret (public) github repo that has all the cm props on it. Think Elmo and Oscar the Grouch.
Good luck.

Looks like this worked. It's building now.
The Samsung version of extract-files.sh adds the ability to extract the files from an unziped Nightly so I thought I'd add that to the one for the CN. Thus, you can change from cm9 to cm10.2 without having to install a Nightly just to get the blobs.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6384714/

If you like it, feel free to upload it to the repository. I take no credit for it since I just cut/pasted from the Samsung jfltetmo version. Or, I'll upload it, but you'll have to point me to instructions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmcghee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 05:03 AM   |  #3527  
Recognized Developer

1,728 posts
Thumbs up Obligatory...
Credit goes to sluo for getting the device folder all in order. I just built it and did some minor tweaks. Also keyodi was involved too

Right now:

* wifi works
* accelerometer works
* backlight works
* touchscreen works
* No sound so mediaplayer crashes
* No video
* Wallpaper doesnt' work
* Screwy SGX driver makes web scrolling turn black.
* screen record to mp4 doesn't work probably because of the media issues.
* The UI is fast and responsive.

Last edited by fattire; 18th November 2013 at 05:23 AM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 07:03 AM   |  #3528  
Flag Central Illinois
Thanks Meter: 205

853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

Credit goes to sluo for getting the device folder all in order. I just built it and did some minor tweaks. Also keyodi was involved too

Right now:

* wifi works
* accelerometer works
* backlight works
* touchscreen works
* No sound so mediaplayer crashes
* No video
* Wallpaper doesnt' work
* Screwy SGX driver makes web scrolling turn black.
* screen record to mp4 doesn't work probably because of the media issues.
* The UI is fast and responsive.

We going to get a copy of this to test? Would love to test it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
18th November 2013, 07:48 AM   |  #3529  
Thanks Meter: 125

665 posts
I just want to say that I love all of you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arbelzapf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #3530  
Thanks Meter: 2,421

591 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzoman

We going to get a copy of this to test? Would love to test it.

In keeping with a long-standing Nook Color tradition, no public binary builds of CM11 for encore, please, for now. If you want to try it out, you can build it yourself -- there are excellent instructions up on the wiki which you can use as a starting point: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_encore. There are at least two good reasons for this request (which we've been making during the device bring-up period since at least CM9): (1) it encourages people to learn to build, which may have positive effects on the pool of potential developers; and (2) it prevents unsuspecting users from being exposed to potential nasty bugs (like the eMMC brick bug that was exposed by changes in Android 4.3, which appears to have caught at least one person before we landed a workaround for it).

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cm9, jellybean, nook color ics, winning
Previous Thread Next Thread