FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Root method for MJ9?

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By mattc8210, Junior Member on 18th November 2013, 07:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just as the title says. Is there a safe way to root and install recovery now with the new MJ9 update? I've looked around and all I can find is the method with Vroot which seems sketchy. Any new info?
 
 
18th November 2013, 08:19 AM |#2  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
If you did a Google search you wouldn't be asking this, there's 20 threads on root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
18th November 2013, 09:09 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew149

If you did a Google search you wouldn't be asking this, there's 20 threads on root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ummmm, no, there's not. I assure you that I searched it. The only thread pertaining to what I asked is this one...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526635

I don't know why you even took the time to post what you did when it didn't even come anywhere close to helping anything.
18th November 2013, 09:13 AM |#4  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Delete.
18th November 2013, 09:13 AM |#5  
clothednblack's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Smith River
Thanks Meter: 4,318
 
More
I believe that the "unmentionable" root method works just fine. You know what I'm talking about, it's not DLV and not vroot..... The "other" one, rhymes with TANGO or was it BINGO?
Hmm

Sent from my Post-it-Note 3
18th November 2013, 09:16 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew149

Delete.

That thread says absolutely nothing about MJ9. There hasn't even been a post in that thread since the update came out. Let me phrase it differently...

Can anyone confirm a root method that works with the MJ9 update?

Edit: So you make a rather smart-aleck comment including a link that does nothing to answer my question, then delete the whole thing once you realize you're wrong, or at the very least that it didn't prove your point, yet you leave "delete". Thanks for the help.
Last edited by mattc8210; 18th November 2013 at 09:25 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattc8210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 09:17 AM |#7  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc8210

That thread says absolutely nothing about MJ9. There hasn't even been a post in that thread since the update came out. Let me phrase it differently...

Can anyone confirm a root method that works with the MJ9 update?

Its been confirmed in the mj9 thread. Do your reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
18th November 2013, 09:28 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew149

Its been confirmed in the mj9 thread. Do your reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Which MJ9 thread? You act like there's a sticky. I've been looking through them and find nothing about this. I don't think it's exactly stupid of me to ask for confirmation. I know for a fact I'm not the only person that wants to know. The only method I've seen mentioned includes a file with a known trojan.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattc8210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2013, 09:40 AM |#9  
Andrew149's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Modesto CA
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc8210

Which MJ9 thread? You act like there's a sticky. I've been looking through them and find nothing about this. I don't think it's exactly stupid of me to ask for confirmation. I know for a fact I'm not the only person that wants to know. The only method I've seen mentioned includes a file with a known trojan.

There doesn't need to be a sticky. all you had to type in Google was mj9 root.

The thread is also called, root for mj9




Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384767565428.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	2399275  
18th November 2013, 10:20 AM |#10  
CAG-man's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 302
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc8210

Just as the title says. Is there a safe way to root and install recovery now with the new MJ9 update? I've looked around and all I can find is the method with Vroot which seems sketchy. Any new info?

A thread already existed. I laughed when I saw them side by side. Sorry. Anyways. No a safe method does not exist yet.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1384769984538.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	2399304  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes