TCL P600 / Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D Root and GAPPS

Search This thread

weimerd

May 7, 2008
Root and GAPPS instruction for TCL P600

Since TCL P600, TCL P606 and Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D are the same phones I just write about TCL P600 now. But it's working for both.

TCL P600 root package: http://www.4shared.com/zip/3HRtqraE/TCL_P600_Root.html

HowTo Root TCL P600:

- Extract the file
- Start the flash tool in extracted folder
- Make sure under options it is choosen “with battery”
- In FlashTool load scatter file contained in folder
- Click checkboxes of BOOTIMG and RECOVERY
- Doubleclick on BOOTIMG and refer to TCL-P600_130417__boot_patched_130508-162244.img
- Doubleclick on RECOVERY and refer to TCL-P600_130417__recovery_130508-162244.img
- Switch off mobile and unplug it from usb
- Click “download” in flash tool
- Plug in usb in phone
- If you get a green circle from flash tool saying OK you’re ready with root shell
- Unplug phone and reboot into CWM
- Start Droidtools and plugin usb to phone again
- Install superuser of your choice into phone.
- Ready – you have full root to phone.

If you experience any problems please check if you used the right drivers. Please check drivers attached in folders. Only use them.

Here is the JB gapps zip for flashing with CWM: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Full instruction of getting a well working TCL P600:

1. First of all I updated the phone with TCL updater to the latest firmware.
2. I rooted it as I described before.
3. I deleted lots of China Apps and also under system/media bootup sounds and some - for me - other stuff not needed in order to get more space on system partition.
4. I installed GAPPS through CWM. I did it with this one: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

After rebooting I got crash of google search. I ignored it and added my google account. After opening playstore then I got update for google search. After updating there is no crashing anymore.

All other gapps are working quite well. I tested GPS for the TCL P600 and was really suprised it works quite fast and accurate.
The only thing: There is no A-GPS setting. Let's say: There is no GPS setting at all. You can only switch GPS on and off. Settings are not included. Maybe this will be unlocked with a modded rom.

I'm now testing all functions in detail but up to now it works really great.

Hope you got it also up to this point. After all steps this phone is really perfect.

------------------
If you brick your phone you have a brick :D Not my fault. I don't take responsibility of that my instruction will work for you. It worked for me. So now it's up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabricio8787

Pavankumar1889

Nov 19, 2013
Where can i buy

I tried what you say but no thing happened .
I have alcatel one touch snap

Hi Mahmoud,

I want to know where you bought the mobile.. i was searching a lot over the internet and local stores to buy "alcatel one touch snap 7025D" mobile but i couldn't find it anywhere in my area (Andhra pradesh, India.) can you please tell a place or online website where i can find the mobile?

Nov 24, 2013
internal memory

hey i'm want to know if the root is swap bet. internal & external memory
that for games over 3 Gega

angort14

Nov 2, 2013
Custom Recovery

Hey i want to know if this recovery can be ported to my phone the alcatel one touch fierce it is the same as th one touch snap/7025d just without the 8mp camera and splash water proofing everything else is the same i had tried the aoutomatic port for CRR recovery but when it flashed the recovery i got a security error on my alcatel that says "error 101 unaouthorized software installed "it would not boot upand was bricked i bought the same phone again and i am wondering how y'all ported it to the fierces sister phone the one touch snap .thanks and have a great day

weimerd

May 7, 2008
I don't know about porting possibility. I guess there is no way. This thread is not about changing the ROM but just how to root the TCL. There is no custom ROM out actually. So I don't see chances to port. Why should this be necessary? Is the stock ROM having problems?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

jobenja5

Dec 8, 2013
Madrid
hello weimerd

my problem is that I have rooted the phone but when i delete Chinese applications to install gapps I deleted the app that handles the notification bar and other things, don't have notifications bar
the keyboard works, after loading another
google search don't work

Do I have to reload the firmware? Where do I can download the stock rom P606 TCL? to star again.
or
How I can recover this app? Can you pass me the app that has that control?
Can you say that apps I have to delete?

sorry by my english

angort14

Nov 2, 2013
I don't know about porting possibility. I guess there is no way. This thread is not about changing the ROM but just how to root the TCL. There is no custom ROM out actually. So I don't see chances to port. Why should this be necessary? Is the stock ROM having problems?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk

NO i just want to see if thos recovery could work in the case that ne2w rom development would occur and to create a backup for people who need it that is why i wanted to see if it could be ported

jobenja5

Dec 8, 2013
Madrid
Solved the problems

Solved the problems.

I was able to upgrade wiht "TCL 2.7.4 Updater Setup.exe" the mobile software, I had the "TCL 2.7.9 Updater Setup.exe" version and this version told me it was updated. When I tested with 2.7.4 has recharged my sw and have gone back to the top, I rooted again with wiemerd instructions and now everything has worked correctly.

Thank you for your instructions and weimerd Sixpenny by spend "TCL S 2.7.4 Updater Setup.exe" saved me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good::good::good::good::D:D:D:D

angort14

Nov 2, 2013
root ^^^^^

Yeah this root will work if not try kingo root its great plus its one click just t urn on debugging. And make sure that your pc recognizes the phone also try motochopper

EmptySD

Aug 9, 2012
Dubai
www.hqcreation.com
Yeah this root will work if not try kingo root its great plus its one click just t urn on debugging. And make sure that your pc recognizes the phone also try motochopper

Thank you, i will try. I must install some other version of OS, official is fully bugged. After i used ROMs from xda for last 2 years, on my old phone, i forgot how bugged is official android.
There are so much crashes with official version, corupted SD card and so on...

gnaba

Jan 9, 2014
abidjan
please help me. after reflashing of my rom with flash tool. i have lost my imei and i have not done backup of my efs. my alcatel ot 7025d can't recognize any sim. i need efs backup or way to solve of my problem. i live in ivory coast there are not alcatel sav in this country.:(

EmptySD

Aug 9, 2012
Dubai
www.hqcreation.com
I used kingo for root. Its really one click root tool. If your phone is rooted, you can restore to default. You can try to restore it with that tool.

Anyone know where to download Custom Boot Loader and Newer version of OS?

I have huge problem with this phone. There is all the time problem with memory card. I am using kingston class 10, 16gb memory but from time to time, after i take some picture or use default gallery, i get message that my memory card is corrupted. I need to restart phone and everything is ok, but sometimes it require even 3-5-7 restarts and its really anoying. Cant take pictures, use ringtone from memory cartd etc.
I tried with official updater but still use 4.2.1 version. Anyone have any newer custom rom?
Sorry for off topic but i am sure that this problems can be solved with some newer OS.

jobenja5

Dec 8, 2013
Madrid
I used kingo for root. Its really one click root tool. If your phone is rooted, you can restore to default. You can try to restore it with that tool.

Anyone know where to download Custom Boot Loader and Newer version of OS?

I have huge problem with this phone. There is all the time problem with memory card. I am using kingston class 10, 16gb memory but from time to time, after i take some picture or use default gallery, i get message that my memory card is corrupted. I need to restart phone and everything is ok, but sometimes it require even 3-5-7 restarts and its really anoying. Cant take pictures, use ringtone from memory cartd etc.
I tried with official updater but still use 4.2.1 version. Anyone have any newer custom rom?
Sorry for off topic but i am sure that this problems can be solved with some newer OS.

I have the same problem, did you get any solution?
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root and GAPPS instruction for TCL P600

Since TCL P600, TCL P606 and Alcatel One Touch Snap 7025D are the same phones I just write about TCL P600 now. But it's working for both.

TCL P600 root package: http://www.4shared.com/zip/3HRtqraE/TCL_P600_Root.html

HowTo Root TCL P600:

- Extract the file
    - Start the flash tool in extracted folder
    - Make sure under options it is choosen “with battery”
    - In FlashTool load scatter file contained in folder
    - Click checkboxes of BOOTIMG and RECOVERY
    - Doubleclick on BOOTIMG and refer to TCL-P600_130417__boot_patched_130508-162244.img
    - Doubleclick on RECOVERY and refer to TCL-P600_130417__recovery_130508-162244.img
    - Switch off mobile and unplug it from usb
    - Click “download” in flash tool
    - Plug in usb in phone
    - If you get a green circle from flash tool saying OK you’re ready with root shell
    - Unplug phone and reboot into CWM
    - Start Droidtools and plugin usb to phone again
    - Install superuser of your choice into phone.
    - Ready – you have full root to phone.

If you experience any problems please check if you used the right drivers. Please check drivers attached in folders. Only use them.

Here is the JB gapps zip for flashing with CWM: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Full instruction of getting a well working TCL P600:

1. First of all I updated the phone with TCL updater to the latest firmware.
    2. I rooted it as I described before.
    3. I deleted lots of China Apps and also under system/media bootup sounds and some - for me - other stuff not needed in order to get more space on system partition.
    4. I installed GAPPS through CWM. I did it with this one: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

After rebooting I got crash of google search. I ignored it and added my google account. After opening playstore then I got update for google search. After updating there is no crashing anymore.

All other gapps are working quite well. I tested GPS for the TCL P600 and was really suprised it works quite fast and accurate.
    The only thing: There is no A-GPS setting. Let's say: There is no GPS setting at all. You can only switch GPS on and off. Settings are not included. Maybe this will be unlocked with a modded rom.

I'm now testing all functions in detail but up to now it works really great.

Hope you got it also up to this point. After all steps this phone is really perfect.

------------------
    If you brick your phone you have a brick :D Not my fault. I don't take responsibility of that my instruction will work for you. It worked for me. So now it's up to you.
    Have you solved the problem with the SD error?

Yes, buy new card :) I tried million things, formatted card using computer, phone, different phone etc. At the end, i bought new card and there is no problems at all. I give my card to my gf and she is using card without problem for last half year.