[HowTo]Root XOLO X1000.

Search This thread

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
Here is a screenshot from X1000-
Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-05-45.png

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
1.Install proper drivers from here
Code:
"drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6xlBPoXgsR3QVZqVGJQbVRBSGc"
2.Download suitable version of CYDIA IMPACTOR FROM
Code:
cydiaimpactor.com

Steps to ROOT
1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
2.Run Impactor.exe from the cydia impactor zip u downloaded
3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.
4.Reboot and you are done :laugh:

In case of any discrepancy fell free to ask :highfive:

Reactions: singhisking1234

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
One Big Reason to root :p

Wao!! Just Got KITKAI UI on X1000. Looks awesome
Heres a screenshot:-

Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-12-17.jpg

Rooting really rocks :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-05-45.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 240

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
Help!!!

Hey, I have a small problem.. I used a root app called Soft Keyz and now both my notification bar and soft keys are missing.. I did a little research and realized that it has to do with a borked systemui.apk. So could you please give me your systemui.apk by any chance? I'm kinda screwed here without the soft keys.. Appreciate if you could get back to me soon.. Thanks :)

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
SystemUi

Hey, I have a small problem.. I used a root app called Soft Keyz and now both my notification bar and soft keys are missing.. I did a little research and realized that it has to do with a borked systemui.apk. So could you please give me your systemui.apk by any chance? I'm kinda screwed here without the soft keys.. Appreciate if you could get back to me soon.. Thanks :)

Yup sure.
Im uploading both systemUI.apk and systemUi.odex. You might need to replace both. And remember to correct permissions.

Attachments

• SystemUi.zip
    1 MB · Views: 127
Reactions: shawnkenneth

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
Hey, how do you unroot? (As it is the Xolo Customer Care Sucks, so the warranty is really important..)

Only method known yet is to flash stock firmware from here.

And Xolo wont help if we have a software issue. Software is supplied by intel and xolo supplies it. Colo engineers also seem to be novice.
I luckily had an opportunity to meet their software manager. I asked him if he could provide a unlocked bootloader, he was unaware of what a bootloader is. They only distrubute OTA Updates.

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
Only method known yet is to flash stock firmware from here.

And Xolo wont help if we have a software issue. Software is supplied by intel and xolo supplies it. Colo engineers also seem to be novice.
I luckily had an opportunity to meet their software manager. I asked him if he could provide a unlocked bootloader, he was unaware of what a bootloader is. They only distrubute OTA Updates.

Yeah, I had a similar experience about their engineers. They mentioned to me too, that the Bootloader is not in their hands.. Well, that's what happens when you try a budget company. All we can hope for is updates, now..

I was all set to buy the Galaxy Grand Quattro but i thought I'd try Xolo, for the Processor and the beautiful screen.. Guess I should've stuck to my instincts :p

Anyway, thanks for the files.. Everything's back to normal now.. Cheers.. :D

guys has anyone found a way to deodex the phone??? its because I've read that for crt off animation one should deodex the phone ... if anyone has successfully activated crt off animation ... pls let me know ... also if someone is to get the flash tool... ill askthe service center here... but don't know if they'll share... does anyone know how to adb sideload???

Achu Gowda

Jul 11, 2012
bangalore
XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
View attachment 2402069

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
Code:
Code:
cydiaimpactor.com

Steps to ROOT
1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.

i soft bricked my xolo x1000..can u tell how to flash ..:(:(:(

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
Deodex

guys has anyone found a way to deodex the phone??? its because I've read that for crt off animation one should deodex the phone ... if anyone has successfully activated crt off animation ... pls let me know ... also if someone is to get the flash tool... ill askthe service center here... but don't know if they'll share... does anyone know how to adb sideload???

Not yet.
If you come accross one, do share :good:

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
How did that happen?

Follow this to flash.

Hey, did you confirm that this technique works?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Guys! Now that we finally rooted the phone, let's try doing the one thing that can make our devices fulfill their worth.. That is finding a way to run windows 7 or Windows 8 on the phone. I'm not talking about wp7 or wp8 but the actual windows.. The phone has an x86 processot. So why can't this be done?! 2Ghz and 1GB ought to be enough for a smooth experience.. Guys, please try to work on this..

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
IT doesnt seem fake either

Hey, did you confirm that this technique works?

@shawnkenneth No i didnt. But it works acc to users of some other forum. I dont have the link now, will post as soon as i find it.

Best of Luck :D

Edit:- The root procedure they posted was fake. And a comment said it worked. So im a bit suspicious about it. I would recommend you to do some research and go ahead.
And ill be mostly free by 1st dec. So will check it out.

Edit:-U can download the rom and check if its correct

Last edited:

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
@shawnkenneth No i didnt. But it works acc to users of some other forum. I dont have the link now, will post as soon as i find it.

Best of Luck :D

Edit:- The root procedure they posted was fake. And a comment said it worked. So im a bit suspicious about it. I would recommend you to do some research and go ahead.
And ill be mostly free by 1st dec. So will check it out.

Edit:-U can download the rom and check if its correct

Well, I downloaded the ROM and all I found was an .nbo file.. I don't think it's a ROM (They're mostly zip files right?) Tell me if it's usable or not, when you're free of course..

Achu Gowda

Jul 11, 2012
bangalore

now i went lava head office they flashed within 5mins n gave my phone without charging:):)..nw its working smooth...i ve one doubt does above method is stable??..as i installed supersu 1.75..it asked me to update su binary ..wen i pressed update it showed instalation failed...wen i installed super user it updated su n was fine...wen i tried to install viper4android mod..then it showed dat my phn isnt rooted..wen i installed busybox also same notice appeared..:(:(:(...the link to d viper4android is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
Root checker

now i went lava head office they flashed within 5mins n gave my phone without charging:):)..nw its working smooth...i ve one doubt does above method is stable??..as i installed supersu 1.75..it asked me to update su binary ..wen i pressed update it showed instalation failed...wen i installed super user it updated su n was fine...wen i tried to install viper4android mod..then it showed dat my phn isnt rooted..wen i installed busybox also same notice appeared..:(:(:(...the link to d viper4android is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Thats shocking!! Install this. What does it say?

Edit: Supersu doesnt work for many phones, dont rely on that! Use Super user. BusyBox works fine on mine. Just check if you haven't set Automatic response=Deny in Super user->settings->security.

Edit: Busybox screenshot.

2le6pe1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Achu Gowda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
    Code:
    Code:
    cydiaimpactor.com

Steps to ROOT

SystemUi

Yup sure.
    Im uploading both systemUI.apk and systemUi.odex. You might need to replace both. And remember to correct permissions.
    Root checker

Thats shocking!! Install this. What does it say?

Edit: Supersu doesnt work for many phones, dont rely on that! Use Super user. BusyBox works fine on mine. Just check if you haven't set Automatic response=Deny in Super user->settings->security.

Edit: Busybox screenshot.

2le6pe1.png
    Let the game begin!!

So now we can do manual recovery!!
    Cracked it.!

guys good news:)
    i flashed xolo x1000:)...but the u need is SUTL3_v2.1.1.msi....it will be like SUTL3_v2.1.1.ms_....change it to SUTL3_v2.1.1.msi...u install the software..then open it n select erase user data in option n flash it...after everything some error will appear at last..just ignore it n reboot ur phn:):)...it will be in ics..just update jb thr ota:):)...flash file n software i used is same which is thr in

ftp://ftp.lavaworld.in/xolosw/:):good::good::good::good::good::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::cyclops: