5,605,120 Members 37,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Install GDR3 on Samsung ATIV S in keeping Interop-Unlock

Tip us?

anaheiim
Old
(Last edited by anaheiim; 29th January 2014 at 11:06 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 631

DONATE TO ME
Post [How To] Install GDR3 on Samsung ATIV S in keeping Interop-Unlock

HOW TO INSTALL GDR3 ON SAMSUNG ATIV S IN KEEPING INTEROP-UNLOCK

DESCRIPTION

The all members of xda-developers, and the author can not be held responsible for any damage to any of your devices after applying the following.

Technically, if you realize the flashing operation, you lose the warranty of your WP8 Samsung, I think that the "after sales services" do not watch it...

If you have any problems with this tutorial, please, post report on this thread and with a screenshot!
Also note, that you can click on the images to enlarge.

This tutorial is also available in French on the Génération mobiles forum (thanks to @poloche) and in Polish on the WindowsMania forum (thanks to @marass82 for original post).
For files that are downloaded via htcfanboys.com, please, do not reupload elsewhere.

PREREQUISITES

PROCESS
  • Run SamWP8 Tools app and activate the Full-FS Access and reboot your Samsung ATIV S.
  • Connect your Samsung ATIV S to PC.
  • Go to the following directorie Phone\Windows\Packages\DsmFiles
  • Replace the three files (Samsung.APPS.OPEN.dsm.xml, Samsung.M8X60SOC.CSCMgrSvc.dsm.xml and Samsung.M8X60SOC.FCRouter.dsm.xml) by those contained in the archive.
  • In SamWP8 Tools app, change your operator code by 000-AT.
  • Disable the Full-FS Access and reboot your Samsung ATIV S.
  • Search the updates, and is normally the GDR3 get proposed.

Please, press the THANKS Bouton or make a PayPal Donation, if you are happy or if I have helped you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anaheiim
Old
(Last edited by anaheiim; 27th January 2014 at 09:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 631

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved for OP

Reserved for OP.

Please, press the THANKS Bouton or make a PayPal Donation, if you are happy or if I have helped you.

AlvinPhilemon
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] 
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-AT"
Restart and check for updates. GDR3 will start downloading.

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)
Hit the "Thanks" button if you thought this post was helpful!

Hit the "Donate to me" button to help me buy a pair of glasses

Prank Google Chrome - Fool your friends into thinking you actually have Google Chrome on your Windows Phone!

Samsung ATIV S GT-I8370
Firmware Revision Number: 2424.13.5.1
ROM: UK OPEN
Network: StarHub
Interop Unlocked: ✔
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlvinPhilemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djadry
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon View Post
Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)
SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks
Samsung Omnia 7 + Dynamics 2.2 - Nokia Lumia 710 + RainbowMod 2.2
Samsung Ativ S GDR3 + Dev Unlock - Nokia Lumia 820 GDR3 + Dev Unlock
The Following User Says Thank You to djadry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlvinPhilemon
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djadry View Post
SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks
You could use my method if you like to live dangerously
Hit the "Thanks" button if you thought this post was helpful!

Hit the "Donate to me" button to help me buy a pair of glasses

Prank Google Chrome - Fool your friends into thinking you actually have Google Chrome on your Windows Phone!

Samsung ATIV S GT-I8370
Firmware Revision Number: 2424.13.5.1
ROM: UK OPEN
Network: StarHub
Interop Unlocked: ✔

Mattemoller90
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
You could use my method if you like to live dangerously
Restart is not necessary

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2482
Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djadry
Old
(Last edited by djadry; 22nd November 2013 at 03:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...
GDR3 fixed all the problems with the bluetooth sound system of my car... And that was enough for me.
Samsung Omnia 7 + Dynamics 2.2 - Nokia Lumia 710 + RainbowMod 2.2
Samsung Ativ S GDR3 + Dev Unlock - Nokia Lumia 820 GDR3 + Dev Unlock

anaheiim
Old
Thanks Meter 631

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Code:

And for those that want to return the original value (if I'm not mistaken it differs by country / operators), they can not because GDR3 Samsung prevents Interop-Unlock.

The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2482
Thanks, but I *suspect* that's just GDR3 (the pure MS code), not the Samsung update. I know that improved BT compatibility and functionality was a major item for GDR3.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.