Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SDK looking closer

Tip us?

neo4uo
Old
(Last edited by neo4uo; 22nd November 2013 at 01:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Default SDK looking closer

I just received an email from Google and hopefully this means the SDK release is on the horizon.

Quote:
The Chromecast team is hosting a two-day hackathon for developers to test-drive the upcoming release of the Google Cast SDK. Our engineers will be available to share changes from the developer preview, discuss best practices, and answer any questions.

Event Details:
Date: December 7-8, 2013

Registration is a two-step process. Anyone can register, but as we can only accommodate a limited number of attendees, priority will be given to those developers who have experience with the Google Cast Preview SDK. Please sign up before November 25, 2013.

Thanks for your support!

- The Chromecast team
Engadget just released an article and from what I read we might start seeing some more apps in a month. If you get a chance hop over here

http://feedly.com/k/1aAFkoj

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
AT&T LG G3 and LG G Watch - Rooted Stock
Nvidia Shield - Rooted Straight up stock and Loving it

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4[Wife has]
Samsung Galaxy Tab - [BRICKED]
Motorola Droid 1 - SteelDroid [RETIRED]
HTC Evo 3D 4G - [RETIRED]
Nexus 7 -Stock - [CRACKED]
Galaxy Nexus, Droid Bionic, Samsung Fascinate, Asus Transformer TF101 - [SOLD/GONE/STOLEN]
\oo/
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to neo4uo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EarlyMon
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Huge, many thanks for sharing!!
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

jvilla785
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Yay! Carcast interface prototyping.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DJames1
Old
Thanks Meter 96
So this probably means no sdk release until at least January.

neo4uo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
I am just glad they are moving forward. There has been some negative newbcakes on here stating it will stay like it is. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
AT&T LG G3 and LG G Watch - Rooted Stock
Nvidia Shield - Rooted Straight up stock and Loving it

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4[Wife has]
Samsung Galaxy Tab - [BRICKED]
Motorola Droid 1 - SteelDroid [RETIRED]
HTC Evo 3D 4G - [RETIRED]
Nexus 7 -Stock - [CRACKED]
Galaxy Nexus, Droid Bionic, Samsung Fascinate, Asus Transformer TF101 - [SOLD/GONE/STOLEN]
\oo/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neo4uo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bubbleguuum
Old
Thanks Meter 1,369
I will believe it when I see the first independent app with Chromecast support released and approved by Google...

guy4jesuschrist
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum View Post
I will believe it when I see the first independent app with Chromecast support released and approved by Google...
I definitely hope to see that happen in the near future! On a related note, any chance of getting BubbleUPnP to work with rooted Chromecast's running KyoCast, since it allows custom server-side white-listing, by @Kyonz?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bubbleguuum
Old
Thanks Meter 1,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4jesuschrist View Post
I definitely hope to see that happen in the near future! On a related note, any chance of getting BubbleUPnP to work with rooted Chromecast's running KyoCast, since it allows custom server-side white-listing, by @Kyonz?

I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with that hackathon event, the SDK, whitelisting.
If there's nothing concrete before January, I'll release a version of BubbleUPnP that works with KyoCast.
I know it sounds like an eternity but it is as painful for developers than it is to users (totally left in the dark).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guy4jesuschrist
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum View Post
I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with that hackathon event, the SDK, whitelisting.
If there's nothing concrete before January, I'll release a version of BubbleUPnP that works with KyoCast.
I know it sounds like an eternity but it is as painful for developers than it is to users (totally left in the dark).
Totally understandable. No rush on your part, I was basically wanting to know your thoughts on it. Thanks for the response!

EarlyMon
Old
Thanks Meter 538
Starts today.
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking