FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

SDK looking closer

766 posts
Thanks Meter: 253
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just received an email from Google and hopefully this means the SDK release is on the horizon.

Quote:

The Chromecast team is hosting a two-day hackathon for developers to test-drive the upcoming release of the Google Cast SDK. Our engineers will be available to share changes from the developer preview, discuss best practices, and answer any questions.

Event Details:
Date: December 7-8, 2013
Location: Googleplex, Mountain View, CA

Registration is a two-step process. Anyone can register, but as we can only accommodate a limited number of attendees, priority will be given to those developers who have experience with the Google Cast Preview SDK. Please sign up before November 25, 2013.

Thanks for your support!

- The Chromecast team

Engadget just released an article and from what I read we might start seeing some more apps in a month. If you get a chance hop over here

http://feedly.com/k/1aAFkoj

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Last edited by neo4uo; 22nd November 2013 at 01:53 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to neo4uo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st November 2013, 09:28 PM |#2  
EarlyMon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 589
 
More
Huge, many thanks for sharing!!
22nd November 2013, 02:01 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Lawrence
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Yay! Carcast interface prototyping.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
22nd November 2013, 03:44 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
More
So this probably means no sdk release until at least January.
22nd November 2013, 05:22 PM |#5  
neo4uo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
I am just glad they are moving forward. There has been some negative newbcakes on here stating it will stay like it is. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neo4uo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2013, 11:13 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,638
 
More
I will believe it when I see the first independent app with Chromecast support released and approved by Google...
24th November 2013, 07:45 AM |#7  
guy4jesuschrist's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

I will believe it when I see the first independent app with Chromecast support released and approved by Google...

I definitely hope to see that happen in the near future! On a related note, any chance of getting BubbleUPnP to work with rooted Chromecast's running KyoCast, since it allows custom server-side white-listing, by @Kyonz?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
24th November 2013, 01:49 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4jesuschrist

I definitely hope to see that happen in the near future! On a related note, any chance of getting BubbleUPnP to work with rooted Chromecast's running KyoCast, since it allows custom server-side white-listing, by @Kyonz?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with that hackathon event, the SDK, whitelisting.
If there's nothing concrete before January, I'll release a version of BubbleUPnP that works with KyoCast.
I know it sounds like an eternity but it is as painful for developers than it is to users (totally left in the dark).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2013, 02:54 AM |#9  
guy4jesuschrist's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with that hackathon event, the SDK, whitelisting.
If there's nothing concrete before January, I'll release a version of BubbleUPnP that works with KyoCast.
I know it sounds like an eternity but it is as painful for developers than it is to users (totally left in the dark).

Totally understandable. No rush on your part, I was basically wanting to know your thoughts on it. Thanks for the response!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
7th December 2013, 11:30 AM |#10  
EarlyMon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 589
 
More
Starts today.
7th December 2013, 04:17 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Any hope of root on newer CCs once we have the SDK?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes