[Video Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader & Root - USER FRIENDLY

Search This thread

ams75

Sep 1, 2013
Mississauga
Hey Man! do you have the international versione of One? if yes you can follow these easy steps.

Before start doing s.off you MUST unlock you bootloader, see this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183942 . this kit is very user friendly .... ste 1 you download drivers, and etc etc ...follow the 5 steps in the upper left part of the toolkit.

Once you have unloked the bootloader, you can start with s.off, i suggest you use the revone method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582

that's all. do you need also to change CID ?

Thank you.. That did the trick.. For some reason I though you have to go back to stock before you can get s-off. But that is not the case!

Stefano Pech

Jun 22, 2013
Como
Thank you.. That did the trick.. For some reason I though you have to go back to stock before you can get s-off. But that is not the case!

I suggest you to start doing s-off from stock condition, because it's clearer and easier. however you can do it(s-off) whenever you want.
Attention: if you have hboot 1.44 or lower you can do S-off without problems; now if your phone is 4.2.2 as a stock out of the box (when you turn it on for the first time and it has 4.2.2.) , it has an higher hboot, and for the moment if you try to do s.off you will receive error 6 and s.off will not successfully done! so, verify you hboot and you android version.

Riddo

Mar 13, 2011
Hi,

How safe is it to unlock the BL ? I really want to root my device to get superuser privileges, so I can get all the unnecessary apps from my phone, but I'm kind worry about doing it.
I've got my device just few weeks ago, and I know doing the above will void my guarantee. I previously had SE x10i and it did not require an unlocked BL for root, so I felt quite safe rooting it and messing around as well, but here Im a bit worried that having unlocked BL will cause that 1 mistake will brick my phone.

Look forward to your feedback

KiamatDusk

Aug 31, 2010
Can't Boot Into Recovery

I've used this software to successfully root a Sprint and a DE HTC One, but now that I'm trying it a third time with another DE, I can't get it to boot into recovery. It looks like it's about to, but then the screen flashes again and it boots like normal.

Any ideas?
:confused:

mblacki

Jun 12, 2013
Why does the bootloader need to be unlocked for the phone to be rooted? Is it possible to root with locked bl? I don't want any custom roms, just su permission for my apps.

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Do you really need an explanation on that., Please read and understand more about your phone, read up on SU permission, and why you have to root to have SU permission before even writing anything.

Go to youtube, and understand the processes of rooting,

HTC does that on purpose, they lock the bootloader so people don't mess up there phones. and once you unlock your phone through HTC developers, they have ur serial number and know that you unlocked your phone.

so before you go any further, Please do yourself a favor, Read up on this, so u don't brick your device and waste almost $600 on a phone. :p

spooony

Feb 26, 2011
Will this Kit work for those of us on Verizon hboot 1.54? if so what recovery do we pick ??

TangBaBa808

Jun 21, 2012
Oh well...

It would seem that the download links in the YouTube video for the All-In-One have been Mod nuked. Any solutions for late comers?

piterk

Oct 18, 2013
hello, is it possible to get root without flashing custom recovery?
I am on hboot 1.54 so there is no option to run custom recovery without flashing it.
I've got unlocked bootloader and s-off.

David111jr

Feb 5, 2011
Little help my boot loader is unlocked I'm s-off and was root untill I went to go push a lib file and apperntly I have lost root. I tried flashing superuser.zip but it didn't work any ideas ? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rrahul963

Feb 22, 2011
will this work after 4.3 update

Hi Guys,
i recently updated my international version HTC One to 4.3 jellyBean.
Will this toolkit still be able to root my phone?? Please help.

david black

Sep 30, 2010
Indianapolis
plus.google.com
My girlfriend just got the One on AT&T and may want to unlock/flash/modify her phone. I have the Evo LTE (Sprint's version of the One X) and am very familiar with the dev unlock process and backing up data etc.

I was just wondering, is there a way to unlock her phone without using the HTC Dev unlock method? For example, the Evo LTE has multiple methods to achieve S-OFF in addition to the HTC Dev unlock.

DarthScabrous

Dec 22, 2012
So, this no longer works if you are on Windows 8.1, because the HTC driver is not compatible with it. I'm screwed, because I won't be able to get my token ID

robinshane

Dec 1, 2013
It would seem that the download links in the YouTube video for the All-In-One have been Mod nuked. Any solutions for late comers?

chepeliyas

Jul 12, 2010
San Salvador
Sorry to bother you guys, but after upgrading to Kitkat 4.4 and Sense 5.5, I'm not sure if the right way to root my unlocked HTC One again is to flash TWRP or CWM and then flash Superuser as I did last time I got 4.3.

I got root that time, but some apps didn't work properly. Also, I was reading something about HTC dumlock with TWRP, but I'm not sure if it will work with my s-on unlocked HTC One. Is it better to use CWM this time?

Thanks for your comments.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks, i know that for some, unlocking bootloaders and rooting for the first time can be a bit overwhelming, so i put together a video, walking you through step by step. I hope this helps at least 1 of you ;)

The toolkit in this video guide was developed by hasson2000, so big props and thanks go out to him! You can find his toolkit here

To the moderators. hasson2000 has asked that folks request his permission to use his work in posts ect.. So i did ask, but he never responded... So since this is doing no harm and only helping people, i assume you won't mind this posted here ;) If you do want to take it down, i won't fight you on it.

If you folks have any questions, i strongly recommend you go to hasson2000s toolkit thread, linked above, and ask there.

Cheers :)
    can i use HTC one Tool kit to root and unlock htc one on android 5.0.2?

1. Install latest android sdk or minimal adb and fastboot (<--- preferred if you are a beginner)
    2. Install latest HTC drivers
    3. Unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com/bootloader:
      • Create an account at htcdev.com
      • Reboot your phone in bootloader mode/fastboot usb
      • Open a command prompt from your adb/fastboot folder and get your identifier token:
        Code:
        fastboot oem get_identifier_token
      • Copy/paste the token to htcdev.com and then submit it, you'll then receive your Unlock_code.bin in your e-mail.
      • Save the Unlock_code.bin in the same folder where you have adb and fastboot on your computer. Then in the command prompt:
        Code:
        fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
        ^^case sensitive, don't forget the capital U for "Unlock_code.bin".
    4. Once unlocked, download twrp recovery 2.8.5.0. Save it the same folder where you have adb and fastboot.
    5. Reboot your phone in bootloader/fastboot usb and flash the recovery.
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-m7.img
      fastboot erase cache
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
    6. Download latest SuperSU (2.46), save it on your phone storage, reboot phone in twrp recovery, select "install" and install SuperSu 2.46 zip file
    7. reboot and you are done.
    So, there is no way to root this device without unlocking it first? I've also read that after you unlock, you loose some apps & obviously OTA updates......4.2.2 is rumored to be out for this device any time now. Is there anyway to preserve those apps, possibly update phone (even manually) or just root without unlocking?

you won't loose any apps if you unlock, you will lose all of your files though... and you can still receive OTAs is you are unlocked, you just need to have the stock rom and a stock recovery...
    To the moderators. hasson2000 has asked that folks request his permission to use his work in posts ect.. So i did ask, but he never responded... So since this is doing no harm and only helping people, i assume you won't mind this posted here ;) If you do want to take it down, i won't fight you on it.

I receive tons of PMs and can forget who I responded to, since I am on my phone majority of the time. Anyone is allowed to make a video using my toolkit. I just do not permit people to repost my work on another site. All official toolkit threads will be on XDA and all the toolkits will be uploaded to ONLY my Dev-Host account. I do not authorize mirrors of my toolkits (since anyone can just repack it with a virus and blame me for it). However, my apologies if I did not get back to you. I usually wake up with 10 - 15 PMs, plus more throughout the day!
    So you won't loose torch and some of the other apps I've read you may lose after unlocking?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

no, you won't