Phone constantly switching between LTE and 4G

Tip us?

Nightwind Hawk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Phone constantly switching between LTE and 4G

Hi guys,

I have one more day to return my phone and as much as I love this phone, I'm considering it because my phone is constantly switching to 4G HSPA+ instead of LTE. I'm in the middle of Los Angeles, and this even happens when I'm walking outdoors.

I can easily prevent this by changing the mode to "LTE Only" in the testing settings, and LTE works perfectly with no issues whatsoever. However, in this mode, calls do not work - it simply refuses to allow them.

Does anybody have any ideas? The speeds I get on HSPA+ are unbearable for some reason (see attachment). LTE works fine with about 8-12 mbit down.

I have tried changing the APN settings to be optimized for HSPA+ but it seems that prevents any access to LTE - which is opposite of what I want.

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-19 23.33.07.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	2405698  

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 88
you might want to give us the APN info so we can look at it and see if its right or wrong.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users

Nightwind Hawk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
you might want to give us the APN info so we can look at it and see if its right or wrong.
It's set at the default (and I reset it again to make sure) - fast.t-mobile.com

I've tried using epc.tmobile.com as they say that helps with speed when you are connected to 4G HSPA+, but it also seems to prevent ANY LTE access whatsoever.