5,598,980 Members 31,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] any mod to make upload speed consistent?

Tip us?

zakkkkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] any mod to make upload speed consistent?

I'm using Wi-Fi hotspot to connect my ps3 to mobile network but gameplay is slightly laggy. I've been told this is because of slow/inconsistent upload speeds. So is there an app/mod to make upload speed of my network faster or more consistent? Thanks

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
I'm using Wi-Fi hotspot to connect my ps3 to mobile network but gameplay is slightly laggy. I've been told this is because of slow/inconsistent upload speeds. So is there an app/mod to make upload speed of my network faster or more consistent? Thanks
you could use another tcp congestion algorithm!
(more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_con...ance_algorithm)

.. but you need to use a custom kernel supporting tcp congestion control!.. like faux, franco, neo, depending on your device

also, the amount of lost packages, while playing via mobile network is HUGHE, so you never will get a gaming experience like over lan.. especially with shooters
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zakkkkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenobol View Post
you could use another tcp congestion algorithm!
(more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_con...ance_algorithm)

.. but you need to use a custom kernel supporting tcp congestion control!.. like faux, franco, neo, depending on your device

also, the amount of lost packages, while playing via mobile network is HUGHE, so you never will get a gaming experience like over lan.. especially with shooters
Is there an app to change this?

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
Is there an app to change this?
sorry forgot about that

Trickster MOD provides such a feature.
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to thenobol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]