5,603,646 Members 36,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash stock firmware on the Droid Razr ?

Tip us?
 
Torres77an
Old
#1  
Torres77an's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 328
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burnaby BC
Default [Q] How to flash stock firmware on the Droid Razr ?

I'm use to using Flash tool on Sony phones but not the Motorola and would like to flash my Droid Razr maxx back to it's original state it;s rooted running stock jelly bean but with some issues.
 
DumbleCore
Old
#2  
DumbleCore's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 413
Posts: 759
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hobb’s End

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an View Post
I'm use to using Flash tool on Sony phones but not the Motorola and would like to flash my Droid Razr maxx back to it's original state it;s rooted running stock jelly bean but with some issues.
U have to use RSD lite and the firmware that belongs to ur Region from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
Motorola, my dear, I don't give a damn!
 
Torres77an
Old
#3  
Torres77an's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 328
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burnaby BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbleCore View Post
U have to use RSD lite and the firmware that belongs to ur Region from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
Yes I already have the Firmware I just need RSD lite
 
zero66
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 322
Join Date: Nov 2013
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6e...RSDLite5.7.msi
 
Torres77an
Old
#5  
Torres77an's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 328
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burnaby BC
With some searching I already found it but didn't notice the option to wipe all system data before a flash the phone needs to be wiped totally clean and a factory reset didn't do it .

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
 
Torres77an
Old
#6  
Torres77an's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 328
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burnaby BC
Oops I think I just failed to read when I was factory resetting the phone will see if it's worked this time the phone has random reboot issues I initially bought the phone for parts but decided to keep it as it is knowing that I could probably fix it

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
 
BMan85
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
It's been a little more than a week since you last posted; have you resolved the issue your phone was experiencing? If not, have you tried Matt's Utility? It works on both PCs and Macs. It very useful and has been a saving grace for my razr maxx on several occasions. Let me know if I can help or explain anything regarding aforementioned. Best of luck and keep at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
 
Torres77an
Old
#8  
Torres77an's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 328
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burnaby BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan85 View Post
It's been a little more than a week since you last posted; have you resolved the issue your phone was experiencing? If not, have you tried Matt's Utility? It works on both PCs and Macs. It very useful and has been a saving grace for my razr maxx on several occasions. Let me know if I can help or explain anything regarding aforementioned. Best of luck and keep at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
Well I've wiped all data and cache partition and flashed it with RSD lite and it still has random reboot issues not sure what to try next.
 
BMan85
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
Try using Matt's Utility instead of RSD lite. In the past (last year) I have used RSD lite, although ever since I downloaded Matt's Utility, I have never once looked back. In my opinion, Matt's Utility is much more straight forward and user-friendly. On the XDA homepage, you should be able to find his utility by searching for "Matt's Utility." However, if for any reason you are having a tough time finding the zip file for his utility, I'd be more than happy to help. Let me know one way or the other!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
 
coreywallen
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 86
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philadelphia
I agree with Bman. Use Matt's Utility. Very easy to use and got me back to everything stock and running clean in no time.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more