5,603,646 Members 36,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash stock firmware on the Droid Razr ?

Tip us?

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] How to flash stock firmware on the Droid Razr ?

I'm use to using Flash tool on Sony phones but not the Motorola and would like to flash my Droid Razr maxx back to it's original state it;s rooted running stock jelly bean but with some issues.

DumbleCore
Old
Thanks Meter 413

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torres77an View Post
I'm use to using Flash tool on Sony phones but not the Motorola and would like to flash my Droid Razr maxx back to it's original state it;s rooted running stock jelly bean but with some issues.
U have to use RSD lite and the firmware that belongs to ur Region from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
Motorola, my dear, I don't give a damn!

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbleCore View Post
U have to use RSD lite and the firmware that belongs to ur Region from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/
Yes I already have the Firmware I just need RSD lite

zero66
Old
Thanks Meter 69
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6e...RSDLite5.7.msi

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
With some searching I already found it but didn't notice the option to wipe all system data before a flash the phone needs to be wiped totally clean and a factory reset didn't do it .

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Oops I think I just failed to read when I was factory resetting the phone will see if it's worked this time the phone has random reboot issues I initially bought the phone for parts but decided to keep it as it is knowing that I could probably fix it

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

BMan85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's been a little more than a week since you last posted; have you resolved the issue your phone was experiencing? If not, have you tried Matt's Utility? It works on both PCs and Macs. It very useful and has been a saving grace for my razr maxx on several occasions. Let me know if I can help or explain anything regarding aforementioned. Best of luck and keep at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Torres77an
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMan85 View Post
It's been a little more than a week since you last posted; have you resolved the issue your phone was experiencing? If not, have you tried Matt's Utility? It works on both PCs and Macs. It very useful and has been a saving grace for my razr maxx on several occasions. Let me know if I can help or explain anything regarding aforementioned. Best of luck and keep at it.

Well I've wiped all data and cache partition and flashed it with RSD lite and it still has random reboot issues not sure what to try next.

BMan85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try using Matt's Utility instead of RSD lite. In the past (last year) I have used RSD lite, although ever since I downloaded Matt's Utility, I have never once looked back. In my opinion, Matt's Utility is much more straight forward and user-friendly. On the XDA homepage, you should be able to find his utility by searching for "Matt's Utility." However, if for any reason you are having a tough time finding the zip file for his utility, I'd be more than happy to help. Let me know one way or the other!

coreywallen
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I agree with Bman. Use Matt's Utility. Very easy to use and got me back to everything stock and running clean in no time.