XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck with bootloader and recovery - no usb

Tip us?

Greygollum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Stuck with bootloader and recovery - no usb

I've been searching forums for 2 days on this and have found nothing specifically for this. While I was flashing a ROM I somehow corrupted my sd card (internal memory). everything was wiped out except the boot loader and twrp 2.3.3 . Normally that wouldn't be an issue except my pc wont recognize the usb. I have the latest drivers for it and before it corrupted it saw everything just fine I am on windows 8.1 and it says it can't recognize the usb plugged in (states that the device might be malfunctioning). I can get fastboot USB, but device manager states usb device failed enumeration. I've tried going through ADB manually and it wont see my HOX, none of the RUU .exe's will see it either. I'm currently on HBOOT 2.15. How can I at least get USB back so I can install twrp 2.5 and fix the internal storage?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4594

DONATE TO ME
On older versions of Windows when you connect a corrupted sd card it prompts you to format it. I don't have any experience with Windows 8 but going by your post I'm guessing you're not getting that prompt. On later versions of TWRP (2.6) you can fix a corrupt sd card by wiping the sd card in the advanced wipe menu, I'm not sure if that's true for the older version of TWRP you're running, it's worth a try though. If that fails maybe try using a PC with an older Windows version installed to see if it shows up so you can format it.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Greygollum
Old
(Last edited by Greygollum; 24th November 2013 at 05:10 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I'm loading win 7 onto a laptop as I speak. Hope this works. Thanks

update: It ended up being a windows 8 issue. While I didnt get the format prompt the 3.18 RUU was able to see it under windows 7 and flash it back to stock. Now I have a little work to do to get a recent version of twrp and a good rom back onto it.

Thanks again
Tags
2.15, corrupted, hox, storage, usb