XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Info] Force GPE Network Mode

Tip us?

mitchst2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Default [Info] Force GPE Network Mode

I've seen a lot of people have issues with GPE getting 3g signals, myself included.

This boils down to the lack of network settings options available. 2g checked or unchecked. I use 2g mostly as I use WiFi for the most part. When off WiFi though 3g was terrible. Would often end up with 2g even though unchecked.

I've found a solution in another thread to access the Testing app and set network to 3g only from there.

Enter *#*#4636#*#* into the phone dialler to enter the testing app. Select phone information and change network mode from there.

Works a treat for me in the UK.

I've set up a Tasker task to launch the Testing app. This can then be tied to a homescreen shortcut or gesture. Much easier than using dialler.

Sent from my HTC O'ne-xus
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchst2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 646

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchst2 View Post
I've seen a lot of people have issues with GPE getting 3g signals, myself included.

This boils down to the lack of network settings options available. 2g checked or unchecked. I use 2g mostly as I use WiFi for the most part. When off WiFi though 3g was terrible. Would often end up with 2g even though unchecked.

I've found a solution in another thread to access the Testing app and set network to 3g only from there.

Enter *#*#4636#*#* into the phone dialler to enter the testing app. Select phone information and change network mode from there.

Works a treat for me in the UK.

I've set up a Tasker task to launch the Testing app. This can then be tied to a homescreen shortcut or gesture. Much easier than using dialler.

I have an app called battery monitor pro that has a Test feature that also brings up the Phone Info test menu with 2 clicks
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate

mitchst2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 211
I've it set to come straight up with a pinch in from the hone screen.