5,599,842 Members 46,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Coolest things on an unrooted S4?

Tip us?

den10
Old
(Last edited by den10; 24th November 2013 at 02:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Cool Coolest things on an unrooted S4?

Hey guys,
noticed that pretty much every mod/ theme on here requires a rooted S4 and since there are no specific roms, I don't want to root my new i9506 yet.
In saying that, I do want to put some mods/ customise my S4.

Could people just link threads that have cool effects on lock/homescreen or awesome mods/launchers/skins/themes that don't require root / roms to work?
I would even appreciate any Google Play apps (only if tested and working well on an S4).

-I haven't mentioned specifically what kind of mods. Please post links to everything and anything that looks cool.

Thank you.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3029
TouchJizz ?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

erikasnoske
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by den10 View Post
Hey guys,
noticed that pretty much every mod/ theme on here requires a rooted S4 and since there are no specific roms, I don't want to root my new i9506 yet.
In saying that, I do want to put some mods/ customise my S4.

Could people just link threads that have cool effects on lock/homescreen or awesome mods/launchers/skins/themes that don't require root / roms to work?
I would even appreciate any Google Play apps (only if tested and working well on an S4).

-I haven't mentioned specifically what kind of mods. Please post links to everything and anything that looks cool.

Thank you.
You should agree with me, that the best thing you can do with your non-rooted phone is root it

den10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikasnoske View Post
You should agree with me, that the best thing you can do with your non-rooted phone is root it
Mate, I do agree with you. I would love as much as anything to root it, however I'm a bit concerned with this knox issue and the warranty being voided permanently. Gone are the days when you could just S-Off and reflash stock.