XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LAN connection_Virtual router

Tip us?

i1imran123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Lightbulb [Q] LAN connection_Virtual router

Hello everyone, i am having a doubt regarding sharing of LAN connection. my college lab has got a high speed internet connection and often i do connect my laptop to access the internet through the LAN cable. I am just wondering if i can create a wi-fi hotspot in my lapy and use my grand quattro to use this hotspot. I tried some software like virtual router, connectify etc..but unfortunately none of them worked for me. by using these two software i was able to create the hotspot and even grand quattro was connected to the hotspot and wi-fi icon in the status bar was also blinking...but could not access the net..may be i was messing up with some settings:...any idea regarding this problem? Any other method available?

Jaspreet_Singh
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 905

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by i1imran123 View Post
Hello everyone, i am having a doubt regarding sharing of LAN connection. my college lab has got a high speed internet connection and often i do connect my laptop to access the internet through the LAN cable. I am just wondering if i can create a wi-fi hotspot in my lapy and use my grand quattro to use this hotspot. I tried some software like virtual router, connectify etc..but unfortunately none of them worked for me. by using these two software i was able to create the hotspot and even grand quattro was connected to the hotspot and wi-fi icon in the status bar was also blinking...but could not access the net..may be i was messing up with some settings:...any idea regarding this problem? Any other method available?
connectify works but on service pack 1 window

i use to use it
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK FEEL FREE TO BUY ME A "COKE"

MY ALL WoRK
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaspreet_Singh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vikasjangra
Old
Thanks Meter 42
May this one help u

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/88249/...hout-root.html

As this guide is few days back but I haven't tried this because of my lappy is not with me. Follow each step carefully and notifi me if it works and don't forget to hit thanks.
Sent from my GT-I8552 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vikasjangra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scool54
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by i1imran123 View Post
qhy dont u try usb tunnel its nice and also supports all apps.....
PRESS THX IF I HELPED U
MY DEVICE
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT I8552
CURRENT ROM :

MOD ViPER4Android FX .......AND MANY MORE...

JASP NEXT LEVEL ROM>S4WIN>JASP HD>DOC DROID v1.3>DOC DROID V1.2.......AND MANY MORE
The Following User Says Thank You to scool54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

i1imran123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaspreet_Singh View Post
connectify works but on service pack 1 window

i use to use it
okay.. i will install sp1 and hope this time it works. Thanks

i1imran123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasjangra View Post
May this one help u

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/88249/...hout-root.html

As this guide is few days back but I haven't tried this because of my lappy is not with me. Follow each step carefully and notifi me if it works and don't forget to hit thanks.
Sent from my GT-I8552 using xda app-developers app
ok..i will check. Thanks

i1imran123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
[QUOTE=scool54;47763486]qhy dont u try usb tunnel its nice and also supports all apps.....

Ok..i will definitely try. Thanks