Any way to run the old radio on the new 4.3 update?

Search This thread

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
What would happen if I flashed a 4.3 rom while having the 1.29 radio? If it's like flashing a 4.1 rom while having the 3.04 radio (touchscreen doesn't work) could there be a way to make it work? I only went back to 1.29 to have better signal.

Last edited:

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
What would happen if I flashed a 4.3 rom while having the 1.29 radio? If it's like flashing a 4.1 rom while having the 3.04 radio (touchscreen doesn't work) could there be a way to make it work? I only went back to 1.29 to have better signal.

You don't need the new firmware for 4.3, it works perfectly with the old. But, if you update your firmware, it won't work on 4.1.2, because of the touchscreen driver

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: Comet1966

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
You don't need the new firmware for 4.3, it works perfectly with the old. But, if you update your firmware, it won't work on 4.1.2, because of the touchscreen driver

So, I could flash a sense 5.5, android 4.3 rom, while using the 1.29 radio, and it will work fine?

EDIT: Alright, so I flashed the ecliptic one rom thinking that the issues with the signal on 4.3 was the radio that came with the update.......well I guess I was wrong because the signal still says 1 bar of 4G, where I should have full bars. I can't think of what else would cause the issues.

Last edited:

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
Starting with 4.3, the bars show you the data signal instead of the voice signal. On the old version, full bars for you meant full bars of voice even if it said 4G next to it. You still had only 1 bar of 4G data, it just didn't show that.

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
Starting with 4.3, the bars show you the data signal instead of the voice signal. On the old version, full bars for you meant full bars of voice even if it said 4G next to it. You still had only 1 bar of 4G data, it just didn't show that.

I don't know, I should have much, much more signal then, the tower is really close to my house. Also with the battery had a big drain, and it would jump between 3g and 4g, like it was in a strain, it would get hot.

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
By putting the old radio on and still having the same issue, you have pretty much shown it was not the update causing it.

I had the same situation as you. As far as the heat and switching, you are probably noticing it more now since you saw the low bars.

My tower is only 3/4 of a mile from my house, I have clear line of sight to it, and I get 1 bar. It's just how Sprint is. My friend's S4 picks up a slightly better signal here, but it still constantly flips between 4G and 3G.

Reactions: Comet1966

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

By putting the old radio on and still having the same issue, you have pretty much shown it was not the update causing it.

I had the same situation as you. As far as the heat and switching, you are probably noticing it more now since you saw the low bars.

My tower is only 3/4 of a mile from my house, I have clear line of sight to it, and I get 1 bar. It's just how Sprint is. My friend's S4 picks up a slightly better signal here, but it still constantly flips between 4G and 3G.