[Q] 4.3 custom ROM install failure on S3

Search This thread

mateusmaximus

Dec 15, 2012
I'll try to make this short. I have an ATT S3 i747 and i was running 4.2.1 AOKP Milestone 1 rom but it got stuck in a boot loop today. I decided to update to a newer ROM so i downloaded Vanir 4.3.1 dated 10.13.13 ROM. Wiped data/reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik, formatted /system, then tried to install but it kept failing. I re-downloaded and checked md5, tried it again and it still failed. I tried several other 4.3 ROM's and got the same error, BUT I was able to reinstall my old AOKP rom. I'm guessing it has something to do with going from 4.2 to 4.3..
Any help is appreciated

I attached part of the install log from CWM Recovery, the error is at the very end.

Attachments

• Log.txt
    7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

dntesinfrno

Oct 9, 2012
Sumter, SC
I'll try to make this short. I have an ATT S3 i747 and i was running 4.2.1 AOKP Milestone 1 rom but it got stuck in a boot loop today. I decided to update to a newer ROM so i downloaded Vanir 4.3.1 dated 10.13.13 ROM. Wiped data/reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik, formatted /system, then tried to install but it kept failing. I re-downloaded and checked md5, tried it again and it still failed. I tried several other 4.3 ROM's and got the same error, BUT I was able to reinstall my old AOKP rom. I'm guessing it has something to do with going from 4.2 to 4.3..
Any help is appreciated

I attached part of the install log from CWM Recovery, the error is at the very end.

It looks like you need to update your bootloader. According to the log you are currently running i747ucalem, and you can see in the log the bootloaders it is looking for you to have to continue.

mateusmaximus

Dec 15, 2012
It looks like you need to update your bootloader. According to the log you are currently running i747ucalem, and you can see in the log the bootloaders it is looking for you to have to continue.

Good catch, thanks! I'll give that a shot & see if it works.

EDIT: Updated bootloader, worked like a charm. Thnks dntesinfrno!

Last edited: