5,597,138 Members 44,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows 8/8.1 on Android tablet?

Tip us?

Tonchi91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Windows 8/8.1 on Android tablet?

Hello everyone. I am new on this forum.

Is is possible to install Windows 8/8.1 on the Android tablet with 512 GB of RAM, 1 GHz single core/dual core processor?
I have full MSDN subscription which gives me both original Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and I want to put them in the use. Since in the moment I don't have enough money to buy Surface RT, I want to buy some bad tablet that will be for me only for debugging Windows 8/ Windows 8.1 applications and to go on the internet.

If there is a way, please tell me.

HtcOneVprimoc
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default REPLY

I have never heard of porting Windows to an android device. I really don't deem it possible with the specs you have described. But nothing is impossible. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi91 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new on this forum.

Is is possible to install Windows 8/8.1 on the Android tablet with 512 GB of RAM, 1 GHz single core/dual core processor?
I have full MSDN subscription which gives me both original Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and I want to put them in the use. Since in the moment I don't have enough money to buy Surface RT, I want to buy some bad tablet that will be for me only for debugging Windows 8/ Windows 8.1 applications and to go on the internet.

If there is a way, please tell me.

robindebruin
Old
Thanks Meter 25
No way i think because totally diffrent os and kernels

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

D-X
Old
Thanks Meter 11
ya, never heard about that at the moment
but for those devices which can use dual boot, it might works but not confirm

Tonchi91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe I won't be able to use Start Button because Android tablet doesn't have it, but I can use start from the Charm bar.
Also, I believe that those hardware specs would be ok if I turn of some processes and services so that tablet could run faster. As I have already said, that tablet would be only for the internet and the debugging (connect tablet with the PC and run the application on the tablet) and nothing else.I was thinking about USB booting, but I don't know if low end tablets have USB ports.

If those don't have USB ports, can I run the installation of Windows directly from the Android?

robindebruin
Old
Thanks Meter 25
My tomtect excellent 10 has one full size usb and one otg usb

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app