XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New HTC One

Tip us?

jmlape
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default New HTC One

Just picked up a new HTC one and am intending on unlocking the bootloader, installing twrp, rooting and gaining s-off. All videos I've seen and all I've read seem to be at least 6 months old, pre 4.3 update. My question is should these procedures all work on my HTC One which is already on 4.3. Just trying to avoid any issues along the way. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jmlape For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

getmoneygreen
Old
(Last edited by getmoneygreen; 25th November 2013 at 02:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Yes they are still good involving the method from getting your dev code to unlock your bootloader to installing the twrp (always install the latest version) even getting your phone s-off if your on 1.55 hboot then you need to use rumrunner to get s-off after you unlock your bootloader and install trwp and get root make sure to flash a custom Rom before you run rumrunner

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PHONES
  1. EVO 4G=LOCKED (RETIRED)
  2. EVO 3D= UNLOCKED&ROOTED+viperROM (RETIRED)
  3. HTC ONE 32GB=UNLOCKED&ROOTED+viperROM One (STOLEN)
TABLETS
  1. NEXUS 7 32GB=UNLOCKED&ROOTED+Projekt Franken Nexus v2.3.1Final

GET EXTRA DROPBOX STORAGE (500MB) WHEN YOU SIGN UP THRU HERE> http://db.tt/F48ADd5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to getmoneygreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikel719
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I just got my one as well. Do you need to flash a custom rom before using rumrunner?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MultiLockOn
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I was literally just about to post a thread just like this lol. I'm not new to rooting but this phone makes it much more difficult than my prior Samsung phones. Can someone explain to me what the difference between unlocking the bootloader is and getting s-off? Also, for several hours yesterday I was attempting to unlock the bootloader but like OP I couldn't find a recent tutorial that involves getting the dev code (I actually found one but itwasn't very thorough). What exactly is rumrunner and a RUU and why do I need them, please and thank you

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app