XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Corrupt Photos?

Tip us?

mrbro0ks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] Corrupt Photos?

I'm having issues capturing photos. The phone seems as if it captures the picture perfectly and if I check the gallery immediately after the photo is there. But after a certain amount of time the photo appears to be corrupt. After restarting the phone the corrupt photos aren't even there. If anyone has any insight into this I would appreciate it, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
from a Galaxy

norbarb
Old
Thanks Meter 700

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbro0ks View Post
I'm having issues capturing photos. The phone seems as if it captures the picture perfectly and if I check the gallery immediately after the photo is there. But after a certain amount of time the photo appears to be corrupt. After restarting the phone the corrupt photos aren't even there. If anyone has any insight into this I would appreciate it, thanks.

By any chance your photos are saved to external sdcard? If they are remove card from phone and save photos and important data to PC. Then full format sdcard in windows and labeled. Then copy pictures and data back to card put back to phone and enyoj. I had same problem and i lost all. Card went bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrbro0ks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb View Post
By any chance your photos are saved to external sdcard? If they are remove card from phone and save photos and important data to PC. Then full format sdcard in windows and labeled. Then copy pictures and data back to card put back to phone and enyoj. I had same problem and i lost all. Card went bad.
Thanks, I'm saving my photos to the phone now as opposed to the SD card and all is well. I'll format the SD card later and report back!

from a Galaxy

mrbro0ks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
I'm attempting to format the SD Card through the phone and it won't format it. The pine acts as if it's doing it but nothing happens. I've tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery and unmounting then reinstalling but nothing worksm

from a Galaxy