5,594,805 Members 36,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 custom ROM install failure on S3

Tip us?

mateusmaximus
Old
(Last edited by mateusmaximus; 25th November 2013 at 05:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.3 custom ROM install failure on S3

I'll try to make this short. I have an ATT S3 i747 and i was running 4.2.1 AOKP Milestone 1 rom but it got stuck in a boot loop today. I decided to update to a newer ROM so i downloaded Vanir 4.3.1 dated 10.13.13 ROM. Wiped data/reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik, formatted /system, then tried to install but it kept failing. I re-downloaded and checked md5, tried it again and it still failed. I tried several other 4.3 ROM's and got the same error, BUT I was able to reinstall my old AOKP rom. I'm guessing it has something to do with going from 4.2 to 4.3..
Any help is appreciated

I attached part of the install log from CWM Recovery, the error is at the very end.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.0 KB, 17 views)

dntesinfrno
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusmaximus View Post
I'll try to make this short. I have an ATT S3 i747 and i was running 4.2.1 AOKP Milestone 1 rom but it got stuck in a boot loop today. I decided to update to a newer ROM so i downloaded Vanir 4.3.1 dated 10.13.13 ROM. Wiped data/reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik, formatted /system, then tried to install but it kept failing. I re-downloaded and checked md5, tried it again and it still failed. I tried several other 4.3 ROM's and got the same error, BUT I was able to reinstall my old AOKP rom. I'm guessing it has something to do with going from 4.2 to 4.3..
Any help is appreciated

I attached part of the install log from CWM Recovery, the error is at the very end.
It looks like you need to update your bootloader. According to the log you are currently running i747ucalem, and you can see in the log the bootloaders it is looking for you to have to continue.
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747

mateusmaximus
Old
(Last edited by mateusmaximus; 26th November 2013 at 12:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dntesinfrno View Post
It looks like you need to update your bootloader. According to the log you are currently running i747ucalem, and you can see in the log the bootloaders it is looking for you to have to continue.
Good catch, thanks! I'll give that a shot & see if it works.

EDIT: Updated bootloader, worked like a charm. Thnks dntesinfrno!