5,596,568 Members 41,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Remove SIM reader

Tip us?

whytry23000
Old
(Last edited by whytry23000; 25th November 2013 at 10:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q]Remove SIM reader

So...recently I switched to a new T-mobile prepaid plan, and the sim card the pack came with was (unbeknownst to me at the time) a microSIM.
(Wasn't paying attention to the package. Phone had been turned off for days, I was excited). Being the stupid person I am, I put the microSIM card in my sim card slot and (*gasp*) it was too small. I couldn't get it out with my fingers, so i took a paper clip to it. I suppose in the process of removing the sim card, I must have pushed some of the pins down. The phone no longer recognizes any sim cards. I've taken the phone apart down to the motherboard, but the sim card reader the the sd reader are attached to the motherboard. Does anyone know of anyway that I can remove them from the motherboard so I can access the pins underneath the reader? Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the long post...I like typing..

unqualified
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by whytry23000 View Post
So...recently I switched to a new T-mobile prepaid plan, and the sim card the pack came with was (unbeknownst to me at the time) a microSIM.
(Wasn't paying attention to the package. Phone had been turned off for days, I was excited). Being the stupid person I am, I put the microSIM card in my sim card slot and (*gasp*) it was too small. I couldn't get it out with my fingers, so i took a paper clip to it. I suppose in the process of removing the sim card, I must have pushed some of the pins down. The phone no longer recognizes any sim cards. I've taken the phone apart down to the motherboard, but the sim card reader the the sd reader are attached to the motherboard. Does anyone know of anyway that I can remove them from the motherboard so I can access the pins underneath the reader? Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the long post...I like typing..
They aren't actually attached to the motherboard, they are attached to a thin metal plate above the motherboard, and connect underneath with a small black ribbon on the right hand side (not the camera ribbon). You can gently undo the black ribbon cable that wraps underneath on the right hand side (near the black coax cable), then unlatch the tiny metal tabs all around the metal plate they are attached to (I used a small flathead to pry them), and pop the plate off. Can't remember if you can access the pins from there, but you might get a better look at it at least. If I remember there are a few little holes under the sim reader, where you might be able to access whatever you jammed up.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to unqualified For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]