5,595,815 Members 36,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS Fix Question (I did read the other threads)

Tip us?

Crust2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS Fix Question (I did read the other threads)

The GPS on my phone does not seem to work. I am running the Cyanogenmod 10.2 M snapshot. I did not use the stock ROM and went straight to rooting and installing the new ROM. I've read that bringing the phone back to stock, getting a GPS lock, then reinstalling the ROM may resolve the issue. I have some questions:

1. I've read in recent threads that the above instructions are invalid and that it is a hardware issue. Is there a consensus on this?
2. If I do try out going back to stock and back, can I make a backup of the phone in recovery mode and then restore it after I went back to stock, achieved a GPS lock and then re-rooted?

Thank you very much.

Crust2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crust2 View Post
The GPS on my phone does not seem to work. I am running the Cyanogenmod 10.2 M snapshot. I did not use the stock ROM and went straight to rooting and installing the new ROM. I've read that bringing the phone back to stock, getting a GPS lock, then reinstalling the ROM may resolve the issue. I have some questions:

1. I've read in recent threads that the above instructions are invalid and that it is a hardware issue. Is there a consensus on this?
2. If I do try out going back to stock and back, can I make a backup of the phone in recovery mode and then restore it after I went back to stock, achieved a GPS lock and then re-rooted?

Thank you very much.
Anybody???