5,595,196 Members 45,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the nook color capable of this?

Tip us?

PwnFx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Is the nook color capable of this?

I have a half decent sound setup in my vehicle, but I'm unhappy with my head unit, I would like to mount my nook into the dash, and use it to play audio to my head unit, which I would also store all of my music on the nook, or tether my phone's data connection for pandora/youtube/etc.
I know I can do this now as is, but the quality loss over auxiliary is less than preferred.
So my question is: Is it possible to get the audio playback through a usb cord into my head units usb port?
I can play a flash drive off of my usb port, or if I use my phone and plug it in and put the phone in storage mode I can skip through all audio files on my phone using my headunit. I would like to be able to use the music player app on the nook to select the music for an easy interface for finding my music, rather than using my headunit to seek through nothing but a random list of track numbers.

Thanks in advance.

webyrd
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnFx View Post
I have a half decent sound setup in my vehicle, but I'm unhappy with my head unit, I would like to mount my nook into the dash, and use it to play audio to my head unit, which I would also store all of my music on the nook, or tether my phone's data connection for pandora/youtube/etc.
I know I can do this now as is, but the quality loss over auxiliary is less than preferred.
So my question is: Is it possible to get the audio playback through a usb cord into my head units usb port?
I can play a flash drive off of my usb port, or if I use my phone and plug it in and put the phone in storage mode I can skip through all audio files on my phone using my headunit. I would like to be able to use the music player app on the nook to select the music for an easy interface for finding my music, rather than using my headunit to seek through nothing but a random list of track numbers.

Thanks in advance.
Beyond me, have you considered bluetooth, if you are able to keep it close enough? Also there is a thread somewhere on USN pin outs, and you might find some ideas here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1294860

PwnFx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by webyrd View Post
Beyond me, have you considered bluetooth, if you are able to keep it close enough? Also there is a thread somewhere on USN pin outs, and you might find some ideas here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1294860
Unfortunately my head unit only supports bluetooth function for phone calls only.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.